• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private rooms in albergues?

Steven Light

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (May - July 2018)
Meseta (October 2019)
2023?
Greetings,
My wife and I prefer to stay in private rooms so in the past have mostly stayed in hotels, pensions, casa rurales, etc. But I like the feeling and camaraderie of albergues. Is there a guide, website or app (like booking.com) that would allow for a search of albergues with private rooms?
Thanks, Steven

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello there!
Where do you start your Camino? I have walked the Camino last fall from SJPDP to Finisterra and in St Jean I got a list at the pilgrim's office with all the albergues on the path to Santiago and further to Finisterra. Just ask at the pilgrim's office wherever you start :) On that list it also indicated if albergues offered private rooms. I have made use of this list every day finding the municipal albergues and also a couple of times to find private rooms. Worked out perfectly! :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks. We walked the same as you last May. This time we are just going from Burgos to Leon (next October). Is there a place in Burgos that might have that list? Or is there a digital version?

In addition to the suggestions above, Brierley’s guides will have a “+” sign following the name of the albergue to indicate that they have private rooms. Also, the descriptions of the albergues in the Wise Pilgrim generally mention whether they have private rooms.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Greetings,
My wife and I prefer to stay in private rooms so in the past have mostly stayed in hotels, pensions, casa rurales, etc. But I like the feeling and camaraderie of albergues. Is there a guide, website or app (like booking.com) that would allow for a search of albergues with private rooms?
Thanks, Steven
There are a few. Contact me at c0484@aol.com.

Check out Buen Camino app or Wise Pilgrim. They will show you prices and if you check out the symbols it is easy to tell which ones offer private rooms. There are lots of hostels that will offer small rooms with two single beds and usually a shared bathroom that would not be much more than two beds in a private albergue.

There are a few. Contact me at
You should edit your post and leave out your email address, unless you like spam! 😀
Other members can contact you via private message, or you can send them one. To send a private message tap or click on the member's name, then choose "start a conversation".

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks. We walked the same as you last May. This time we are just going from Burgos to Leon (next October). Is there a place in Burgos that might have that list? Or is there a digital version?
Like others have said above, on my Camino many used also the Camino app which also worked for albergues. That list should be available also in Burgos though at the pilgrim's office - maybe you can also ask them directly? :)

Where would you recommend 4 people stay in Pamplona? We do not want large albergues or noise

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Hello there!
Where do you start your Camino? I have walked the Camino last fall from SJPDP to Finisterra and in St Jean I got a list at the pilgrim's office with all the albergues on the path to Santiago and further to Finisterra. Just ask at the pilgrim's office wherever you start :) On that list it also indicated if albergues offered private rooms. I have made use of this list every day finding the municipal albergues and also a couple of times to find private rooms. Worked out perfectly! :)
Is there a Pilgrim Office in San Sebastián?

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.