• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions about the Madrid.

Pierre Julian

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Ingles, VdP, San Salvador, Aragonese & Northern. Sections of Portuguese & Mozarabic.
Would anyone be able to advise me please: a friend and I are considering walking the Madrid at the end of October. We thoughts the weather nearer Madrid would be better than doing things in Galicia. We only have 6-7 days and have to leave from Santiago and get back there after (as our international flights are to and from there. What are the first stages of the Madrid like? It seems that it is quiet, varied scenery and good for Albergues. What is Castille like in October, weatherwise? Many thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Fuenfria pass was the best challenge. Make sure you visit the osario in Wamba, impressive. Quiet way, nice. Lots of sand inside the pine forests along the way, so make sure you have a good pair of gaiters to keep it out of your shoes.

I've realised I didn
Fuenfria pass was the best challenge. Make sure you visit the osario in Wamba, impressive. Quiet way, nice. Lots of sand inside the pine forests along the way, so make sure you have a good pair of gaiters to keep it out of your shoes.
I've realised I didn't reply. Thanks very much, I think I will do this around Christmas time. Best wishes,

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back