A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Record of arrivals at Santiago

Camino Badges

flyswatty

Camino(s) past & future
Walked in May 2012 - Burgos to Santiago; Planning to walk in May 2013 - SJPP to Burgos!
Hey there: I recently finished my walk which was terrific. I met so many people along the way and had hoped to run into them in Santiago. Unfortunately, I did not. I am wondering if there is a published record of those who arrived if I wished to track someone down. Many thanks, sonya

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
I asked in the Pilgrim Office once, and they do not publish or open the records.

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Yes, sorry the Pilgrim Office will not provide or publish information on individuals arriving at the office. Some more general information is collated and published for statistical purposes.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
flyswatty said:
Hey there: I recently finished my walk which was terrific. I met so many people along the way and had hoped to run into them in Santiago. Unfortunately, I did not. I am wondering if there is a published record of those who arrived if I wished to track someone down. Many thanks, sonya
Hola

This question comes up remarkably frequently as pilgrims try to find others they met on the way. As well as issues of privacy/data protection the fact is that the Pilgrims Office does not maintain a searchable electronic database of the names and details of those who arrive. Certain details are recorded on a database - gender, age, nationality, profession, starting point, route taken etc and these are compiled as the monthly and annual statistics which are published. Pilgrims' names which they write on the form are not entered onto the database.

Any search to find if a particular pilgrim has arrived in Santiago has to be done manually by going through every line on every form - trying to decipher everyone's handwriting! As you can imagine this is a major exercise and is only ever undertaken when people are reported missing - which is a rare event thankfully.

John

laurie

On one of our pilgrimages some years ago we were able to post a note to the Pilgrim Office with a message for friends who were due to arrive there. It was put up on a board and they were able to read it. This message board, if it still exists, would help pilgrims reunite in Santiago.
Laurie

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%