• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Refreshments Via de la plata

musicman

Ensuitepilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
hola,

Am I right into presuming there are no bars, fountains, etc on the stage between Casar de Caceres and Canaveral? Any other guidance on " dry" sections up to Zamora, welcome.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
hola,

Am I right into presuming there are no bars, fountains, etc on the stage between Casar de Caceres and Canaveral? Any other guidance on " dry" sections up to Zamora, welcome.
Yes nothing that day but one or two covered seating areas. My diary also shows nowhere open between El Cubo de Vino and Zamora. Not sure about fountains I walked in February and water was not an issue.

I walked the whole VDLP from Sevilla last September/October and saw very very few fountains with potable water.
When you get to the albergue in Cañaveral, be sure to explicitly ask about the path to Galisteo. They did not mention a long term closure and a number of people walking on the same day were confused by conflicting information.

Actually, one of our worst days for water was shortly after Cañaveral in the stage from Galisteo to Cáparra. After much consideration, I shared a bit of my emergency reserve of water with my walking partner (only because he was quite adept at getting us complementary Orujos after dinner). On longer stages, I found that my 1.5 Litre Nalgene bottle and a 500ml back-up was adequate, on shorter stages I did not necessarily fill up the back-up - of course, there are a number of factors which could impact your water consumption.

But actually, my most important advice is if anybody in Valverde de Valdelacasa offers you Morcilla, run do not walk to Fuenterroble de Salvatierra.

Attachments

• conflictinginfo.jpg
    conflictinginfo.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20150926_120301.jpg
    IMG_20150926_120301.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DeathSausage.jpg
    DeathSausage.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 17
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes nothing that day but one or two covered seating areas. My diary also shows nowhere open between El Cubo de Vino and Zamora. Not sure about fountains I walked in February and water was not an issue.
From other posts on here I think that there are refreshments available at Villanueva de Campean.

I thought there was a well of potable water just outside Canaveral. Not far from the little church on the way out of town.

Be especially careful at Caparra because there are vending machines INSIDE the information centre but once that place is locked up there is no access to them. And heaven forbid that the staff leave 10 minutes early on a Sunday (which is exactly when we got there with my walking buddy having run out of water and I had about 200 mL left.) We were very thankful that we had grabbed the phone numbers for the Hostal Asturias so we got picked up rather than walk there. We were travelling in summer and both of us were used to carrying a lot of water.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

My first walking day will be on Tuesday, but because I am now still in the possession of my laptop I thought it would be handy to start this thread already. I landed on Asturias airport on...
Last year I started the Via de la Plata in Seville with my friend Tom from Sydney whom I met at a yoga studio in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We and his girlfriend Julie walked the Camino Frances my...
Hi All, Today I made it to Seville, Auckland, LAX,Frankfurt, a night at Madrid airport which was actually quite an OK experience. The whole time traveling felt pretty surreal and I managed to...
Something I came across earlier today which sounded interesting. The Ourense local council and a public service organisation are running a project where local people can walk from Ourense to...
Usually reliable Rome2Rio website doesn't show a bus route which runs close to the Oseira monastery, but Google maps shows a bus icon there. Does anyone know whether there is or is not bus service...
In case it’s helpful for those who are looking to start their Sanabres walk from Granja de Moruela: Last week, when I reached Granja de Moruela while walking the via de la plata, I continued...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back