• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Replacement for my Crocs

evanlow

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
After 11 Caminos, want to Ruta de la Lana next...
My pair of Crocs finanlly high tailed (no puns intended) and died during my last Camino in May. For over 4 years it had served me well.

I use it for cycling back home when the roads are a bit wet. On the Camino they are also great for showers and evening wear (with or without socks). I even walked a day on the Camino with the Crocs when my boots disintegrated, until I managed to buy footwear in a bigger town the following day.

I am now looking to buy a replacement. The Crocs does have one disadvantage, bulk. I have seen a French walker with a pair of similar footwear that can be flatten. I was hoping if anyone have any information on non-cloth footwear that is a good replacement for the Crocs. Those that can be flattened are usually for women.

Cheers...

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I known someone who has bought that. He exchanged it for one size smaller as it was too loose and although the new size fits comfortably it was a blister magnet.

Looks like the best replacement may still be the classic crocs... hmmm...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My pair of Crocs finanlly high tailed (no puns intended) and died during my last Camino in May. For over 4 years it had served me well.

I use it for cycling back home when the roads are a bit wet. On the Camino they are also great for showers and evening wear (with or without socks). I even walked a day on the Camino with the Crocs when my boots disintegrated, until I managed to buy footwear in a bigger town the following day.

I am now looking to buy a replacement. The Crocs does have one disadvantage, bulk. I have seen a French walker with a pair of similar footwear that can be flatten. I was hoping if anyone have any information on non-cloth footwear that is a good replacement for the Crocs. Those that can be flattened are using for women.

Cheers...
Maybe too late for you now but a tip for others...
In Spain and Portugal too are huge huge China shops ..they sell everything, even the devil and his old mother as a proverb says in Dutch :)
I buy the Crocks style imitations every year when we are in the area.the last pair I bought was in Galicia in the town of Sanxenxo 3,50 € ! In a modern design style Brooks. And indeed they can be flattened better than the originals.
Bom caminho

Point noted. I will look out for them the next time before the Camino. Never thought about it until you mentioned it as there are those Chino Bazar everywhere....

I replaced my Crocs with Birkenstock EVA shoes, they come in different styles but are made from the same kind of non-slip, non-stink plastic material, very light, very comfortable and perfect for showers and pottering around. Mine are the Madrid style and take hardly any room at all - I can even hang them on the outside of the pack because rain or dust is no problem.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The virtue of the classic Crocs is their sturdy protection for the toes - one can wear them with socks and actually hike a considerable distance if necessary (ie, blisters or soaked boots). In addition to hanging on the outside, you might be able to strap them on the outside using the "sleeping pad straps" at the bottom of the pack, or slip them under the top flap. I think your testimony regarding their longevity answers your question.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
After all of the excellent comments and ideas I guess it would be for me the classic Crocs again. Just need to figure out how to slung it outside next time I am on the Camino. I really like the Felice's idea of a carrier for bananas. :)

I have managed to lose one of my crocs several times when on outside of pack. I have been lucky and found them myself or someone came up from behind with it.

I have to figure a more secure way of hooking on. I have used bungie cords.

I also have a hard time finding replacement crocs that do not have the holes around the bottom. Those are tough in rain and mud. :cool:....with socks.
Is there a good site that shows all models?

After all of the excellent comments and ideas I guess it would be for me the classic Crocs again. Just need to figure out how to slung it outside next time I am on the Camino. I really like the Felice's idea of a carrier for bananas. :)
I just hang mine from the heel straps through small/medium carabiners attached to any of the spare loops I can find on the outside of my rucksack. Most rucksacks seem to have lots of of loops available.

They've survived like that through both the Camino Frances from SJPP and the Camino Portuguese from Lisbon.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have managed to lose one of my crocs several times when on outside of pack. I have been lucky and found them myself or someone came up from behind with it.

I have to figure a more secure way of hooking on. I have used bungie cords.

I also have a hard time finding replacement crocs that do not have the holes around the bottom. Those are tough in rain and mud. :cool:....with socks.
Is there a good site that shows all models?

http://www.crocs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-crocs_us-Site/default/Home-SiteSelector

Here you go...

I swear by my Teva sandals. I may even walk my entire Camino in them!

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.