A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Route Napoleon

Hi all, I suffer from vertigo quite bad, and was wondering if the Route Napoleon had any parts where there were steep drops near to the path. If so I might be better taking the road route.

Whatever the outcome, I'm starting my first Camino 20th August SJPP flying into Biarritz at 09:15 so I hope to get to SJPP by early afternoon.

Chris

drop offs

Hi, Do the napolean route, especially if you want to break it up to 2 days. There are no drop offs, just UP on a well marked path, i would say, being from bc that it is more like big rolling hills than steep mountains.
enjoy
dawn

I also suffer from vertigo. My daughter and I did the Route of Napoleon in May with no problems. We did it in 2 days stopping at Orisson (be sure to make a reservation). There are some drop offs along the trail but you never have to walk near them and the views are spectacular.
John

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%