• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Saint-Privat d'Allier

mla1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2000); St. Giles (2013); Le Puy-SJPP (2015); VDLP (2016); Mozárabe, Almeria to Granada (2018)
I'm just starting to make reservations for the first few nights...
In Saint-Privat the Gite d'etape La Cabourne is full for the day I am looking at.
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with:

Gite le Kompost'l
Gite-bar l'Acrobat
Gite La Petite Place

Thanks!
ml

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I stayed in Gite le Kompost'l and liked it a lot. They do have a kitchen, so you can cook your own food, a terasse to chill out, a big living room and are very friendly. Bon Chemin, SY

Thanks SY - I wasn't able to find much about it at all.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
So you are having the same experience as I had... albergues (almost) fully booked about 3 months in advance... On what date are you leaving Le Puy?

The weekend of 9 and 10th. The big gite is full. But I have not yet contacted the others. No problem booking the second night. I will probably also book the third.

Last edited:
Booking ahead is extremely common on the Le Puy route, especially between Le Puy and Concques. Also be aware of bigger, organized, groups that walk that stretch and take up a lot of beds. The need to book ahead was the one thing I didn't like on this part of my walk, everything else is wonderful. Bon Chemin! SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi SY - would you book all the way to Conques now? I was just planning on booking 3 or 4 nights this far in advance....And even with that, I got bogged down with not being able to make up my mind. I have booked the first two nights, but then couldn't decide if I might want to walk a bit further than Le Sauvage on the third day (so as to shorten the walk to Aumont-Aubrac on the 4th day, and to get a bit off the 'standard' etapes). There looks to be a very nice gite at La Roche about 5 km further on - Gite d'etape La Bergerie de Compostelle. But perhaps the more legendary Domaine du Sauvage is not to be missed? ml

You have experience on St. Giles, so you know the mountains of the area. Le Sauvage on Day 3 will be a challenge after the haul up the hill to Saugues! If you are fit, it will be fine; but allow yourself the option of not having to reach a destination because of a reservation (if you can). Reservations one or two days ahead usually is all that is necessary.:)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi SY - would you book all the way to Conques now? I was just planning on booking 3 or 4 nights this far in advance....And even with that, I got bogged down with not being able to make up my mind. I have booked the first two nights, but then couldn't decide if I might want to walk a bit further than Le Sauvage on the third day (so as to shorten the walk to Aumont-Aubrac on the 4th day, and to get a bit off the 'standard' etapes). There looks to be a very nice gite at La Roche about 5 km further on - Gite d'etape La Bergerie de Compostelle. But perhaps the more legendary Domaine du Sauvage is not to be missed? ml

I normally only booked ahead for the next night, to keep a maximum amount of flexibility. I strongly recommend the MiamDoDo because it has the best, most extensive list of accommodation offers.

Domaine du Sauvage is a great place. They do offer a communal meal there, but I opted for a solitary bread, cheese, sausage and wine dinner on the terasse whilst everybody else went to the communal one in the restaurant. I absolutely loved it, sitting there, seeing the sun set, sipping my wine, reading, writing. Three hours of blissfully soaking in the historic atmosphere. Oh damm, I want sooo badly to pack the backpack now and set out again! Bon Chemin! SY

The weekend of 9 and 10th. The big gite is full. But I have not yet contacted the others. No problem booking the second night. I will probably also book the third.
Then you will probably be 3 days ahead of me. I have planned to walk out of Le Puy on wednesday the 13th.

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi! I'm new here and to the Camino, but trying to take advantage of a last minute opportunity to get off work for about 3 weeks including travel. I had hoped to do Le Puy to Cahors including the...
Hi, Can anybody recommend a Gite in Gramat? There seem to be a good number of places to stay, but I would like something near the GR if that's possible. A place oriented toward walkers would be...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back