A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Santiago to.....

Camino(s) past & future
I would like to walk some of the Camino this year in May
Hi guy's I posted here over a year ago and due to circumstances I never got to the Camino last year. I was planning on going again in March this year but broke my toes. So here I am and ticket booked. I will arrive in Santiago on the 6th of July until the 20th July. I have been reading through different forums and I still don't know what direction to go in from Santiago. I did consider the english was last year but now I am open to suggestions. I am reasonable fit and don't like crowds lol... Also friends have suggested to me to bring a sleeping bag but I am travelling light so do you think a sleeping bag liner will do the trick. I am looking forward to this adventure and hidden gems/walk that you might know. Thanks guys :)

MKalcolm M

Solvitur ambulando - It is solved by walking
Camino(s) past & future
north route spring 2013
Hi Abigail, third time lucky!

There will probably be lots of suggestions for you, but with 13 days for walking here is what I would do : Hop a bus or train down to Porto, and walk the Portuguese camino, you will have enough time to make it all the way to Santiago.

There are blankets in the alberges, but the sleeping liner will probably be all you need in July.
Buen Camino!

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
Wow! Glad you're finally making it.

In July, I'd just take a liner.
From Santiago, you could do the trek to Finisterre, or you could nab a bus or taxi to Sarria and get your Compostela.
Ahhh, but you don't like crowds so that's probably out.

How many days do you have?

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Abigail, third time lucky!

There will probably be lots of suggestions for you, but with 13 days for walking here is what I would do : Hop a bus or train down to Porto, and walk the Portuguese camino, you will have enough time to make it all the way to Santiago.

There are blankets in the alberges, but the sleeping liner will probably be all you need in July.
Buen Camino!
I will look into that thank you. Yea I was thinking about just the liner myself. Yup 3rd time lucky.. :)
Wow! Glad you're finally making it.

In July, I'd just take a liner.
From Santiago, you could do the trek to Finisterre, or you could nab a bus or taxi to Sarria and get your Compostela.
Ahhh, but you don't like crowds so that's probably out.

How many days do you have?
I know I think Sarria is out for me. I have from the 6th of July until the 20th July. Liner it is for me thanks :)

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi Abigail,
If you'd like to have a couple days of margin on either end, you could walk from Ferrol to Santiago in 5 - 7 days. Spend a day or two in Santiago getting your bearings and last-minute stuff, then go up to Ferrol and spend the night. Start walking the following day. Then you'll still have a couple days to take a couple days in Finisterre or spend more time in Santiago.

La Coruña is beautiful as well - you could spend a day or two there then take the bus to Ferrol.

I'm doing the Camino Ingles myself in July from Ferrol - if you choose to do it maybe I'll see you on the trail!
Faith

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Abigail,
If you'd like to have a couple days of margin on either end, you could walk from Ferrol to Santiago in 5 - 7 days. Spend a day or two in Santiago getting your bearings and last-minute stuff, then go up to Ferrol and spend the night. Start walking the following day. Then you'll still have a couple days to take a couple days in Finisterre or spend more time in Santiago.

La Coruña is beautiful as well - you could spend a day or two there then take the bus to Ferrol.

I'm doing the Camino Ingles myself in July from Ferrol - if you choose to do it maybe I'll see you on the trail!
Faith
Taking note for sure. Thank you :)

J Willhaus

Camino(s) past & future
24 May 2016- 14 July CF
Hospitalero, Zamora Dec 15-31, 2017
Abigail,
We finished our Camino last year and then took the bus to Muxia for two days. It was a lovely way to finish. You might consider the Ingles and then have a few days left over to see some other things. We didn't find Muxia crowded in July. We stayed at Bella Muxia which is a lovely restful place.

Camino(s) past & future
Abigail,
We finished our Camino last year and then took the bus to Muxia for two days. It was a lovely way to finish. You might consider the Ingles and then have a few days left over to see some other things. We didn't find Muxia crowded in July. We stayed at Bella Muxia which is a lovely restful place.
Hi, I have been tossing about walking from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia and or the Ingles (English way) I must check out Bella Muxia sounds like a great place to stay ....thank you...

J Willhaus

Camino(s) past & future
24 May 2016- 14 July CF
Hospitalero, Zamora Dec 15-31, 2017
http://www.belamuxia.com/alojamiento/apartamento/

We rented the Apartment on the top floor which had a marvelous view of the harbor. Also had a small kitchen. They also have bunk rooms and private rooms, a large common kitchen, and cultural exhibits in nice lounge area. There was a local street market on one of the days we were there and we enjoyed walking through the quiet little town. The waves coming in at the Virgen de la Barca are also beautiful and mesmerizing.

Camino(s) past & future
http://www.belamuxia.com/alojamiento/apartamento/

We rented the Apartment on the top floor which had a marvelous view of the harbor. Also had a small kitchen. They also have bunk rooms and private rooms, a large common kitchen, and cultural exhibits in nice lounge area. There was a local street market on one of the days we were there and we enjoyed walking through the quiet little town. The waves coming in at the Virgen de la Barca are also beautiful and mesmerizing.
I checked it out online and it looks really nice. I deffinatly would like my own room it is called getting old lol. Thank you so much for your insite and I will post you when I am there :)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles 2013, 2014 Camino portugese 2015,2016
Camino fisterra 2017
I checked it out online and it looks really nice. I deffinatly would like my own room it is called getting old lol. Thank you so much for your insite and I will post you when I am there :)
Spent two nights here in June . Excellent place with excellent management at Bella Muxia. They even made free soup for pilgrims. Very modern Albergue with great staff.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%