• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago 7 nights help advise

Langdavis

Time of past OR future Camino
7 night stay 19th Octobet 2019 Sinatra to Santiago
Hi

My first time on this forum. Me and my friend are walking Sarria to Santiago 19th Ocotber for 7 nights, we was stopping one night in Sarria and then Portamarin and then 3rd night Palas de Rei we are not sure we're to stay after Melide we have two other nights before we reach Santiago but not sure we're to stay. We dont want to be too long a walk away from Santiago on our sixth night so we can make the service at the cathedral that same day we will spend our last full day then in Santiago before flying home the following day. We have only booked our first nights accommodation in Sarria at Hotel Alfonso. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Most pilgrims stay in O Pedrouzo the last night before Santiago. With a normal starting time, you will arrive by 2 p.m. There is not much additional accommodation in the last stage; everyone is focused on Santiago, so there has never been much demand.

Melide has lots of accommodations. Check booking.com for most of them. Melide to Arzua to O Pedrouzo are "normal" stages. There is lots of accommodations in Arzua, too.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Lavacolla is close to Santiago so you can arrive in morning
I also like staying in Lavacola the night before and if I have too, the day before may be a longer day so I have a short hop into SDC the next morning. I also try to plan my arrival in SDC on a Sunday morning and from Lavacola` can be there by 9 Am plenty easy to get my Compostela then be early to get a seat for mass.

Hi

My first time on this forum. Me and my friend are walking Siarra to Santiago 19th Ocotber for 7 nights, we was stopping one night in Siarra and then Portamarin and then 3rd night Palas de Rei we are not sure we're to stay after Melide we have two other nights before we reach Santiago but not sure we're to stay. We dont want to be too long a walk away from Santiago on our sixth night so we can make the service at the cathedral that same day we will spend our last full day then in Santiago before flying home the following day. We have only booked our first nights accommodation in Siarra at Hotel Alfonso. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

it's a long walk from Portomarín to Palas de Rei and then a short one from Palas to Melide; assuming you want to stay in Melide, you may want to stay at Ventas de Narón or Ligonde and not Palas de Rei.
The night before Santaigo your best choices are: Monte de Gozo and then an easy 5 km walk into town, or Lavacolla , which is approx 10 km from Santiago.
The night between Melide and Lavacolla/Monte de Gozo puts you in: Arzúa (short walk), or Santa Irene area (longer walk).
Pedrouzo is around 20 kms from Santiago, meaning you would have to get up really early to make it to the Pilgrim Mass.
Good luck and Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi

My first time on this forum. Me and my friend are walking Siarra to Santiago 19th Ocotber for 7 nights, we was stopping one night in Siarra and then Portamarin and then 3rd night Palas de Rei we are not sure we're to stay after Melide we have two other nights before we reach Santiago but not sure we're to stay. We dont want to be too long a walk away from Santiago on our sixth night so we can make the service at the cathedral that same day we will spend our last full day then in Santiago before flying home the following day. We have only booked our first nights accommodation in Siarra at Hotel Alfonso. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Lavacolla is just about 5 or 6 miles out of Santiago.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is what I did and I left early, early in the morning to get to Santiago from O Pinto to make the 1PM mass.
2/17-Sun Sarria to Portomarin (22.05 km)
2/18-Mon Portomarin to Palas de Rai (24.67 km)
2/19-Tue Palas de Rai to Arzua (28.13 km)
2/20-Wed Arzua to Pedrouzo (O Pino) de Arca (19.41 km)
2/21-Thur O Pinto to Santiago (19.16 km)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back