• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to SDC attractions

Jackie Jacobs

Time of past OR future Camino
Will be walking from Sarria, will appreciate if I can be informed of interesting tourist attractions along the way that I should not miss.
Thanking you in anticipation
Jackie Jacobs

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a great deal of practical info in the Forum topics and threads to help you plan your camino.

As for a handy on-line guide to what to see from Sarria to Santiago the Gronze.com site gives a good overview in Spanish with pictures. Here is that link.

Happy research and Buen camino!

You should not miss Pulperia Ezequiel in Melide. The finest pulpo (octopus) in Galicia.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Will be walking from Sarria, will appreciate if I can be informed of interesting tourist attractions along the way that I should not miss.
Jackie Jacobs
Hi Jackie, the monestary of Samos is a beautiful place to visit and you can sleep there aswell.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm arriving in Sarria tonight. Tomorrow I'll get my credential and start to walk.

I'm with my dad, who's 70 and I'm gonna follow his walk. I guess we won't walk as I did in 2014 (30km/day).

Plans are to walk in 6 days. Will try to do it on 5.

Anyone around here?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
hehe there's a hotel about 17 KMs out from Santiago @ a highway stop the Camino passes right by that we stayed at (split a room). It had ridiculously cheap gin and tonics and massive steaks and almost no one staying there.

Jackie Jacobs

most of what there is, is 'on' the Camino. however, short detours: the castro at castromaior, vilar de donas from portos (about 3 km more to you stage), and a taxi to the sobrado monastery (definitely worth it). pambra castle has been closed but may be open, not walkable and near palas de rei. the waterfalls 10 km north of melide are cool too, in toques.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm arriving in Sarria tonight. Tomorrow I'll get my credential and start to walk.

I'm with my dad, who's 70 and I'm gonna follow his walk. I guess we won't walk as I did in 2014 (30km/day).

Anyone around here?

hehe there's a hotel about 17 KMs out from Santiago @ a highway stop the Camino passes right by that we stayed at (split a room). It had ridiculously cheap gin and tonics and massive steaks and almost no one staying there.

Thank you Rometimed, will remember that!

most of what there is, is 'on' the Camino. however, short detours: the castro at castromaior, vilar de donas from portos (about 3 km more to you stage), and a taxi to the sobrado monastery (definitely worth it). pambra castle has been closed but may be open, not walkable and near palas de rei. the waterfalls 10 km north of melide are cool too, in toques.

Noted, thank you Jefferyonthecamino:)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Anyone around here?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Anyone around here?
Will arrive on Sunday evening at Santiago. We may meet at mass. Buen Camino :) with Dad. Caesar

Jackie Jacobs

You might want to Google the dates you will be traveling to see if any of the communities you will be traveling through will be celebrating any holidays or religious events, When we arrived at Santiago they were celebrating the Feast of the Ascension. We did not know that and I am sure we missed seeing more that we did.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When we arrived at Santiago they were celebrating the Feast of the Ascension.
I lucked into that one on a Camino, too! I could hear and see the fireworks from Monte do Gozo. Festivities were going all day after I arrived. Well worth planning for it... :)

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.