• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shipping Luggage from Oviedo to Ivar for Camino Storage

Time of past OR future Camino
2022 Portuguese
2023 Frances
2027 Frances?
I will be walking my Camino this spring starting in Porto. But I will be in the EU, from the USA, for a little over 3 months starting in Oviedo for the Good Friday viewing of the Sudarium prior to traveling to Portugal after Easter for our start. Since my trip is so long we, my wife and I, will have more stuff for the rest of our trip that we can't lug around and really would like to not drag if from Oviedo to Portugal if we can avoid it.

So our plan would be to send our large luggage to Ivar for storage until we finish. My desire is to send it from Oviedo. I have been searching with no luck, including the official Correos pages. I have found the post office and all information except, is the post office open on the Monday after Easter? I can't find any information on what has been done in prior years and am at a loss.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Lunes de Pascua (Easter Monday) is a national holiday, so I am virtually certain the post office will be closed.

I can’t find anything specific to Oviedo, but this website confirms that post offices are closed on national holidays.

En general las oficinas de correos suelen estar abiertas de lunes a viernes, de 8:30 a 20:30. Muchas oficinas también van a estar abiertas los sábados, de 9:30 a 13:00. Merece la pena mencionar que los domingos y días festivos, las oficinas de Correos van a estar cerradas.

In general the post offices are open Monday through Friiday from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm. Many are often open on Saturday from 9:30-1:00. Note that on Sundays and holidays the post office will be closed.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Lunes de Pascua (Easter Monday) is a national holiday, so I am virtually certain the post office will be closed.

I can’t find anything specific to Oviedo, but this website confirms that post offices are closed on national holidays.

En general las oficinas de correos suelen estar abiertas de lunes a viernes, de 8:30 a 20:30. Muchas oficinas también van a estar abiertas los sábados, de 9:30 a 13:00. Merece la pena mencionar que los domingos y días festivos, las oficinas de Correos van a estar cerradas.

In general the post offices are open Monday through Friiday from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm. Many are often open on Saturday from 9:30-1:00. Note that on Sundays and holidays the post office will be closed.
Thank you. The National holiday was the part I couldn’t find.

Thank you. The National holiday was the part I couldn’t find.
Well, hold on a minute. I have made a big mistake. Thanks to a heads up from a wise forum member, I am rechecking and don’t see it listed.

Lunes Pascua seems to be a holiday on the Baleares and in Catalunya, Valencia, Navarra, País Vasco, and La Rioja.

BUT NOT IN ASTURIAS!

I must have seen Lunes Pascua as a holiday on a posting from one of the regional authorities from a region that celebrates it.

So there is a good lesson here. Holidays in Spain can be decreed at three levels — national holidays, regional holidays, and each municipality can also declare two local holidays! Careful research needed, better than my careless googling.

Very sorry, but thanks for the tip, oh wise one.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not wishing to undermine Ivar's service or the revenue stream but purely as a back up, bear in mind that Correos itself also offers a direct luggage transfer/storage service to Santiago from any branch, with a choice of storage periods. Further details at....

Not wishing to undermine Ivar's service or the revenue stream but purely as a back up, bear in mind that Correos itself also offers a direct luggage transfer/storage service to Santiago from any branch, with a choice of storage periods. Further details at....
They have better opening hours (for pickup) than I do as well.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Well, hold on a minute. I have made a big mistake. Thanks to a heads up from a wise forum member, I am rechecking and don’t see it listed.

Lunes Pascua seems to be a holiday on the Baleares and in Catalunya, Valencia, Navarra, País Vasco, and La Rioja.

BUT NOT IN ASTURIAS!

I must have seen Lunes Pascua as a holiday on a posting from one of the regional authorities from a region that celebrates it.

So there is a good lesson here. Holidays in Spain can be decreed at three levels — national holidays, regional holidays, and each municipality can also declare two local holidays! Careful research needed, better than my careless googling.

Very sorry, but thanks for the tip, oh wise one.
I have found a list of holidays for Asturias 2022 here: https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/spain/asturias/2022
I think I am set and will look into storage at the Correros or Casa Ivar. I would lean toward Casa Ivar in the hopes of possibly meeting the rock star himself, but most importantly to continue to support him and his site for all the great work he has done. But of course if Ivar tells me to use the Correros I certainly will.

Michael did help me in 2021, in 2022 I will hire some help and will run it out of Casa Ivar. I will also move my office down there again (have been working from home during pandemic).

Not wishing to undermine Ivar's service or the revenue stream but purely as a back up, bear in mind that Correos itself also offers a direct luggage transfer/storage service to Santiago from any branch, with a choice of storage periods.

They have better opening hours (for pickup) than I do as well.
My plan for my next Camino is to mail a small box to Santiago from Lisbon, via the Portuguese post office. It seems that mailing it to the main post office from out of the country might not be a good idea - I know that when you mail from within Spain the the storage costs can be paid up front, but it seems that wouldn't happen when mailing from Portugal. Therefore, my plan is to mail to @ivar, which I did in 2018. I'm wondering though if the pick-up hours will be more limited than in 2018? I won't be on a tight time schedule, so it won't be that big a deal if they are.

My plan for my next Camino is to mail a small box to Santiago from Lisbon, via the Portuguese post office. It seems that mailing it to the main post office from out of the country might not be a good idea - I know that when you mail from within Spain the the storage costs can be paid up front, but it seems that wouldn't happen when mailing from Portugal. Therefore, my plan is to mail to @ivar, which I did in 2018. I'm wondering though if the pick-up hours will be more limited than in 2018? I won't be on a tight time schedule, so it won't be that big a deal if they are.
More or less the same I think. It has not been decided yet. I think it will be:

Weekdays: 10.00 to 14.00 and afternoon by appointment (email a few days in advance).
Saturday: 10.00 to 10.30/11.00 after that by appointment
Sunday: by appointment

I can also drop off at albergue/ hotel any day of the week if we agree on this by email. You pay storage fee online.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My wife and I plan to walk from Porto starting May 7th and would like to send two small suitcases ahead to your place in Santiago. Will be in touch as the dates get closer.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.