• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2014 Peregrinos

Well now as I remember there are a few bars along the Camino ... I am picking up my Camino nearabouts where I left off last year, and have met many a friendly face while siting at table outside a bar... Hope to meet many more this year!!
Hello, that's some hat you have! Perhaps you'll be wearing it for id purposes?
Gretchen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Michael ... No way, Yankees?.. Phillies always the Phils. Ive been preparing for the last two years and the best excerise I find is the mental one , learning to slow down and put the map away ( as much as possible) . Actually I think my training ground has done me in somewhat with the Ozark Mtns and heat . See you on the trail ... I will be wearing my DeadFred shirt

dead_fred_tshirt.jpg
I'll be watching for your shirt, DFRED but is your name indicative of your training? Mental condition? I'll have my ASU Sun Devil shirt for ID. Buen Camino, Gretchen

updated 8/7
August 23 rd-Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24th- zolarose asger.me
August25th -Angelo
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife, Diegomartine
August27th - cinimod
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez
August 30th -Smtl(+1)

August 31st -Oso, Snake , Tony Jansen
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona )
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs
September 10th
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri), twojay54, Janicelee
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal
September 18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Séamas ÓMuireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon), sooh(Pomplona)
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-7#post-233653
Please add Gretchen, Sept. 9. Thank you.
Hello, Fred. I'll be starting from SJPP on Sept. 9 after spending the night at Corazon Puro. Perhaps we'll meet somewhere along the way :) Gretchen
BTW: You had a terrific idea of starting this post. I hope we do meet up somewhere so I can thank you with some proper wine.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
updated 8/9
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona)
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs, Gretchen Hirni
September 10th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 18th
September 21st -Adhemar78,
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Seamas O'Muireadhaigh ,
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014 http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Please add Gretchen, Sept. 9. Thank you.

BTW: You had a terrific idea of starting this post. I hope we do meet up somewhere so I can thank you with some proper wine.

Looking forward to that Gretchen!

Hello, Fred. I'll be starting from SJPP on Sept. 9 after spending the night at Corazon Puro. Perhaps we'll meet somewhere along the way :) Gretchen

HiGretchen and welcome to the Sept 9th group! Hope to see you along the way? Will you be stopping at Orisson?

Buen Camino!
Fr. Moses

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In September I will be walking a road (route) less taken. Pau, FR to Obanos on the Camino Aragones. Then on to Pamplona to catch a bus to Leon. Leave Leon on the Camino San Salvador and walk to where it joins the Camino Primitivo. Walk the Primitivo to where it joins the Camino Frances in Melide. Then on to Santiago, Muxia, and Finisterre. I walked the Camino Frances last September SJPDP to Santiago, and need something less crowded and more challenging this time. I will be wearing a Kilt to go with my ridiculously long hair on this 1200 kilometer walk. Look for the old guy in a Tartan with the silver umbrella.

Hi,
On September 5th, I'm starting from Somport for my first camino. Looking forward to meet you guys along the way!
Greetings,
Marc

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've been looking for a group for interaction of the Septmember 2014 folks and haven't had much success . Figure I would hop in here and start one , then I would get a ton of emails telling me were at least five such threads dwell . If I don't then , Welcome to the only verified , validated, Ivar approved ( I hope :) ) Camino September 2014 Topic( as of 2/6/2014) . All are welcome of course. Except for the Janurary Pilgrims .. cause something just isn't right if your going in Janurary ( Brrrrr)

Joe here , Arkansas , Heading out and up on the 26th to Orission of the Camino Francis with my wife & son . Ticketed and almost equiped . Oh Boy!.
I've been looking for a group for interaction of the Septmember 2014 folks and haven't had much success . Figure I would hop in here and start one , then I would get a ton of emails telling me were at least five such threads dwell . If I don't then , Welcome to the only verified , validated, Ivar approved ( I hope :) ) Camino September 2014 Topic( as of 2/6/2014) . All are welcome of course. Except for the Janurary Pilgrims .. cause something just isn't right if your going in Janurary ( Brrrrr)

Joe here , Arkansas , Heading out and up on the 26th to Orission of the Camino Francis with my wife & son . Ticketed and almost equiped . Oh Boy!.
Hi Fred. Irish here and tentatively thinking of a Camino, my second, did the first with my daughter a few years back in September. So I'll be on for late sep. again. Might very well run into one another. Jimmy.

Myself and two girlfriends will be starting in St Jean Pied de Port on September 5th. This will be our first Camino, been planning and walking for about a year! We are down to 171 days but who's counting!! We are all from CA and looking forward to walking and starting this great adventure! Hope to meet you on the road to Santiago. We will be the ones with two turquoise and one rose colored backpacks and the Forum badge on the back!
On 5thSep, I will be on 2nd day, starting at Orisson. Hope to see u somewhere along the Camino.

Hi Fred. Irish here and tentatively thinking of a Camino, my second, did the first with my daughter a few years back in September. So I'll be on for late sep. again. Might very well run into one another. Jimmy.
Hi Jimmy! .. Laurie and I head up on the 26th , Let me know when your heading out and put you on the list

Joe

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've booked the Beilari for Sept 22nd and Refugio Orrison on the 23rd.

Joe
Trying to book the same for the 22nd and 23rd also but not having any luck with a response. Did you call or online?
Links please if you have them.
Thanks Joe!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Michael ... No way, Yankees?.. Phillies always the Phils. Ive been preparing for the last two years and the best excerise I find is the mental one , learning to slow down and put the map away ( as much as possible) . Actually I think my training ground has done me in somewhat with the Ozark Mtns and heat . See you on the trail ... I will be wearing my DeadFred shirt

dead_fred_tshirt.jpg
Hey Joe --- Love the shirt!! I am definitely looking forward to a sharing a vino tinto (or 100) with you and Laurie. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the Camino :)

Hi Michael:
I hope to meet up too. The way our teams are playing this year, Giants & Pats hats might be better.

Didn't they meet in the Super Bowl? :)

Team is having a great season. Of course you DO have a former Yanks manager guiding them ...

Buen Camino.

Joe
Ouch that did hurt!! Guess I have to settle for this (see pic). I feel bad that I have poisoned this great forum with east coast sports talk :)

Have a great trip out to the Camino next month.

Attachments

• Game over 1.jpg
    Game over 1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 17
Hey Joe --- Love the shirt!! I am definitely looking forward to a sharing a vino tinto (or 100) with you and Laurie. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the Camino :)

Thanks! .. Sounds like a plan my man .. Vino Tinto and Pulpo , indulgent to say the least . Getting close now ...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks! .. Sounds like a plan my man .. Vino Tinto and Pulpo , indulgent to say the least . Getting close now ...
So sad I won't be there to share the Vino Tinto and Pulpo with you guys. Will have to settle for a toast to you on the night of the 11th in SJPDP with Barber1586, GerardCary and gang and whoever else from this forum is hanging around before we start our Caminos. Your (DeadFred's) vigilance in maintainning this forum page for all us Sept Peregrinos has not only made it possible for us to connect, but has added lots of smiles for me as we banter back and forth.

updated 8/9
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona)
September 8th
September 10th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello
September 18th
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014 http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/
HiGretchen and welcome to the Sept 9th group! Hope to see you along the way? Will you be stopping at Orisson?

Buen Camino!
Fr. Moses
Hello, Fr. Moses. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the Camino. Maybe we will start the same day but perhaps I will spend the night in SJPdP on the 9th. I'm trying to change my reservation in Orrison to correspond with your group. Gretchen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello, that's some hat you have! Perhaps you'll be wearing it for id purposes?
Gretchen
LOL... That is for cycling only, I will have a silly Tilley on the Camino ...what else would a Canadian wear?

Ellie

So sad I won't be there to share the Vino Tinto and Pulpo with you guys. Will have to settle for a toast to you on the night of the 11th in SJPDP with Barber1586, GerardCary and gang and whoever else from this forum is hanging around before we start our Caminos. Your (DeadFred's) vigilance in maintainning this forum page for all us Sept Peregrinos has not only made it possible for us to connect, but has added lots of smiles for me as we banter back and forth.

The glass shall be lifted back in your direction ( West) from St Jean :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
updated 8/13
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah. OnePerfectStep
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy)
September 8th
September 10th
September 18th
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn
September 27th - Jgun87, Kristina Wilkening, MileHighPair(2)
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay , Mr Smirky
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just curious, who will be in St Jean on the night of the 3rd of Sept..I know of 2/3 (ndrea / Jason / trevorcc) already...It would be great to meet as many as possible before I head off on the 4th :)

(22 days.. :cool:)
Hi Clearskies
I arrive on the 3rd in SLPDP and leave on the 5th where and when, how about 6pm in front of the Pilgrim office?

Hi. I will be headed up to Orisson on Sept 27th. See you on the trail!!

I have a funny foot story to tell you. I have arthritis in several toes, both feet. Two nights ago at midnight they were throbbing so I rubbed some Goanna Cream on my toes and the top of my feet. At 7am we were up and off for a training walk without having a morning shower. After 8ks my feet started to feel really hot. I kept thinking they were the same boots, the same double sock combination that I have been using for a year now so what could it be..... The top of my feet became so hot I could feel my feet perspiring. About the 12km mark I suddenly realised that it must still be the Goanna cream working its magic! Today we walked 15ks and my feet were back to feeling quite normal!! Could be a good idea for anyone suffering from cold feet!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Looking at the calendar ,between the dates 9/1 and 9/8, there appears to be a small Peregrino Army forming at the foot of the Mountain . I just hope there is food left on the Camino for us late September starters. If YOU are Peregrino army member , please don't drink all the wine :(

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
just to be warned Orrisson does take a few days to get back to you
Orrisson is booked up for the 12th - looks like I will continue on and have my first stop along the way be Rocesvalles! I will simply take my time and enjoy the walk - I am in no rush. :)

We are a group of 4 bicigrinos from Austin, Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico. Will be starting in Pamplona around Sept. 5th. This is our second Camino--had to abort in Astorga last time in Sept 2012 due to a family emergency so starting all over again to make it all the way to Santiago. We are leisurely bicigrinos, self-supported, and take our sweet time enjoying the Camino. We often see many of the same peregrinos for a few days in a row. Looking forward to seeing some of you folks!
Buen Camino,
Judy
I hope this year goes well, if you see an old man by the road a lift on your bike may be required,,,,ha

Orrisson is booked up for the 12th - looks like I will continue on and have my first stop along the way be Rocesvalles! I will simply take my time and enjoy the walk - I am in no rush. :)
Ashley always check Orisson before you leave SJPDP as cancellation may pop up.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, did Francés in Sep and Oct last year and just have to get back to that Ultreia feeling. Heading out from Le Puy on 06 Sep 2014 for Santiago and Finisterre again. Guess the vino tinto and pulpo might have to wait till October, but really looking forward to France at this stage.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, did Francés in Sep and Oct last year and just have to get back to that Ultreia feeling. Heading out from Le Puy on 06 Sep 2014 for Santiago and Finisterre again. Guess the vino tinto and pulpo might have to wait till October, but really looking forward to France at this stage.
Good luck, as I only have 18 days to go and the closer it get the harder it gets, I hope that this feeling never leaves me.

To all those doing the walk for the first time take it easy look around, stop and smell the tapas, drink of this wonderfull experience but be warned once you start on this journey there is no end......

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
To all those doing the walk for the first time take it easy look around, stop and smell the tapas, drink of this wonderfull experience but be warned once you start on this journey there is no end......
Hola,
And smell the flowers along the way, if any. Buen Camino!

Hey everyone..

Add me to the list for a Sept. 30th departure from SJPP. I'll be pacing myself for arrival in Santiago on my 50th birthday on Oct. 31st.
An early Feliz cumpleanos to you Mr Smirky! I am doing the same, trying to arrive in SDC on my 55th birthday on October 30th. Hope to see you on The Way!

Sounds like a doctor's recommendation that will be taken very seriously - my thoughts exactly. I'll get to Santiago when I get there. It'll all be a good jouney.
Gretchen

Happy early cumpleanos to you Bernatchez! I think your idea of finishing on your birthday is a swell one indeed. I'll be sure to keep a watch for you.

Sounds like a doctor's recommendation that will be taken very seriously - my thoughts exactly. I'll get to Santiago when I get there. It'll all be a good jouney.
Gretchen
Gretchen, good for you just walk the Camino will look after you, no expectations no dissappointments

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola,
Hopefully, the weather cooperates with you. Buen Camino!
Check out Koyla about 1km befor Orisson run by the same group and do not forget to check when you get to SJPDP as their maybe cancellations at Orrisson you do not want to tire yourself out on day 1 also day 2 can be tireing after the mountains.

We are flying Bne to Paris on China Southern on 2nd Sept (29hrs). 1 Day in Paris the fly to Biarritz on Easijet & train to SJpDp. We have booked on Airbnb, a place close to CDG Airport.
Be good to catch up. Thinking abt staying @ Bellari in SJPDP but may not book ahead
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn
Hi folks, its getting closer I will be in SJPP on the 3rd and 4th leave for Orisson on the 5th hope to catchup, i am staying at the Gite Ultreia stayed there last year.
Trevor

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi folks, its getting closer I will be in SJPP on the 3rd and 4th leave for Orisson on the 5th hope to catchup, i am staying at the Gite Ultreia stayed there last year.
Trevor
Hola,
Same timing as me. Booked in Gite n Orisson as well. Hope to walk some miles with you if u don't mind. Buen Camino!

Starting from Astorga around the 6th of Sept , just 10 days , I cant stay away any longer this time unfortunately !! Already getting excited!! :)

Looking at the calendar ,between the dates 9/1 and 9/8, there appears to be a small Peregrino Army forming at the foot of the Mountain . I just hope there is food left on the Camino for us late September starters. If YOU are Peregrino army member , please don't drink all the wine :(
Sorry DeadFred....;) us mid-September peregrinos are in line for the vino tinto and food ahead of you. You guys (late Sept. Walkers) are gonna have to speed it up if you want more than table scraps.;);):D:D

Sorry DeadFred....;) us mid-September peregrinos are in line for the vino tinto and food ahead of you. You guys (late Sept. Walkers) are gonna have to speed it up if you want more than table scraps.;);):D:D
If you check this webcam you will start to wonder if there will be any wine left for any of us. The wine fountain gets hit hard all day!
http://www.irache.com/webcam/index.html

updated 7/24
August 24th- zolarose
August25th -Angelo
August29th- gimpywalker
August 31st -Oso, lhyda ,
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson,
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,jennie and her sister Linda,
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri), twojay54
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker
September 18th
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles)
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon)
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaimee

Last edited:
I arrive at SJPPP on the 6th staying first night at Orrison already booked .. My bag is packed , I could leave tomorrow I am that ready .. So looking forward to the walk. I know there will be body pain, but there will also be the amazing journey. Buen camino fellow pilgrims.

Hi Dead Fred,
Thanks so much for all your work. Please add me to 10th Sept from Biarritz beginning the Norte. Thanks. Mary Kate

updated 8/15
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Tony Jansen
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie, Barabara Teresa Bates( +1)

September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz, Sheri Campbell
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy), September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona)
September 8th
, Valgongs,
September 10th -
Gretchen Hirni, Mary Kate ( Biarritz , Norte)
September 18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam, Dennis & Lisa

September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY, gidivet(Pomplona)
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight ,marylynn
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M
, organflute, Rachel_1981
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Oct 1st -awakengaime

Last edited:
Looks like I am in twice .. Unless there is another Denise Alldridge .. I leave sjpp on the 7th to stay at Orisson that night ..

Hi Dead Fred,
Thanks so much for all your work. Please add me to 10th Sept from Biarritz beginning the Norte. Thanks. Mary Kate
Just a FYI: I arrive in SJPdP on Sept. 9 and begin walking Sept. 10. Perhaps Dead Fred will change the posting on the calendar? Thanks Fred. Sorry to be annoying but I noticed another walker starting also on the 10th and figure she'd have her dates correct.
Gretchen

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello September Pilgrims. I did a spring Camino Francés this year and wished I could revisit in the autumn.
I've booked my tickets, so I'm planning to start from Pamplona on 20 September. Unfortunately I've only got a week this time, but I hope to be able to raise a glass and wish some of you Buen Camino on the way.

Hope you know I am just kidding DeadFred. I'll be sure to save you some Vino tinto and Pulpo!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I reserved a bed in Orrison on Sept 4-5, but my daughter has decided to join me on the Camino......and I have been told that Orrison is has no bed
available to her. I am looking for advice as to perhaps a bed for her in the evening on that night.

Hope you know I am just kidding DeadFred. I'll be sure to save you some Vino tinto and Pulpo!

Of course I do petitewalker ! I am sure there will be copious quantities of Boones Farm Strawberry Hill wine to be had ( as all the good stuff will be gone ) :)

I reserved a bed in Orrison on Sept 4-5, but my daughter has decided to join me on the Camino......and I have been told that Orrison is has no bed
available to her. I am looking for advice as to perhaps a bed for her in the evening on that night.

Barbara , She might consider after getting to Orission taking a cab back to St Jean and staying at a hostal for the night then getting another back up to Orission in the morning to meet you . I have heard of others doing this .

Last edited:
Of course I do petitewalker ! I am sure there will be copious quantities of Boones Farm Strawberry Hill wine to be had ( as all the good stuff will be gone ) :)
Joe,

Having tasted Boones Farm in my younger days, your comment made me especially empathetic to your plight. However, I am delighted to report I have a solution: you and Laurie should just advance your departure date to arrive in SJPP on the 11th, where Petitewalker and Gerard Carey and I can toast you in person. Then, rest a day (I'm just thinking of you and Laurie ;)) and leave with me on the 13th! It's a brilliant plan, n'est-ce pas?

Mary

Joe,

Having tasted Boones Farm in my younger days, your comment made me especially empathetic to your plight. However, I am delighted to report I have a solution: you and Laurie should just advance your departure date to arrive in SJPP on the 11th, where Petitewalker and Gerard Carey and I can toast you in person. Then, rest a day (I'm just thinking of you and Laurie ;)) and leave with me on the 13th! It's a brilliant plan, n'est-ce pas?

Mary

Oh oui .. Je pense que c'est parfait. I will check with the airlines to make the necessary arrangements. Should the switch not be possible please purchase 3 bottles and have them delivered to Masion Donamaria http://www.donamaria.fr for our arrival . I will rush to catch up to you to reimburse .. How's that for a brilliant plan n'est-ce pas?

Add us to the September 19 list from SJPdP...Dennis and Lisa

updated 8/15
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
August 31st -Oso, Snake
, Tony Jansen
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon), el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie, Barabara Teresa Bates( +1)

September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel,Basquefan1(Le Puy), September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona)
September 8th
, Valgongs,
September 10th -
Gretchen Hirni, Mary Kate ( Biarritz , Norte)
September 18th
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY, gidivet(Pomplona)

September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M
, organflute, Rachel_1981
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Oct 1st -awakengaime

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Barbara , She might consider after getting to Orission taking a cab back to St Jean and staying at a hostal for the night then getting another back up to Orission in the morning to meet you . I have heard of others doing this .
There is a morning shuttle at 8am taking pilgrims back up to Orisson. 8 euros per person.

Hi AnnieY!.. Sounds like your repacking and unpacking will keep you in tip top shape. Ugh , Rain .. well think of yourself in Galica as I hear that is actually where all the rain in Spain is .

Septemeber 26th is when we leave from St Jean for Orission by that time you will be a seasoned Caminost and 75% of the way to Santiago de Compostela . Wish you the very best and hope you don't have to much rain !
Hi, I am going to take my time though so I think that's rather optimistic!

Oh oui .. Je pense que c'est parfait. I will check with the airlines to make the necessary arrangements. Should the switch not be possible please purchase 3 bottles and have them delivered to Masion Donamaria http://www.donamaria.fr for our arrival . I will rush to catch up to you to reimburse .. How's that for a brilliant plan n'est-ce pas?
You're gonna drink 3 bottles before heading off on the Camino or do you plan on filling your water bottles before you head up the hill?

Joe,

However, I am delighted to report I have a solution: you and Laurie should just advance your departure date to arrive in SJPP on the 11th, where Petitewalker and Gerard Carey and I can toast you in person.

Mary

Another solution DF, is move the trip to start with me on Aug 31. However, there may be some rule to not let two SEC boys on the camino together, since There would be a vino shortage for sure! Lol

Another solution DF, is move the trip to start with me on Aug 31. However, there may be some rule to not let two SEC boys on the camino together, since There would be a vino shortage for sure! Lol
Yeah....DF can't leave too early or surely ther won't be any vino tinto left. Besides, he has to continie maintaining our Sept. Calendar for any last minite Perigrinos.

updated 8/9
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
September 8th
September 10th
September 18th
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Hello Vibrant Alive Fred, First thanks so much for keeping this thread going, keeping the calender updated, and all of your pearls of advise and humor. We are all very excited about the upcoming days and weeks. A quick question about gear. I noticed that after walking for 2 plus hours I would get a lot of lower leg swelling and venous dilation. I cannot find much about use of calf sleeve compression or support socks on the forum. I also haven't seen it on any packing list. What's your learned opinion. Thanks Ron

We are 3 weeks out. Did a serious local checkout trek in a down pour of rain. I found out my boots needed some more waterproofing. My weight in my BP is perfect. It's just countdown. 9/19 I'll be there in SJPDP. I hope to meet you

We are 3 weeks out. Did a serious local checkout trek in a down pour of rain. I found out my boots needed some more waterproofing. My weight in my BP is perfect. It's just countdown. 9/19 I'll be there in SJPDP. I hope to meet you
Hola,
Maybe we have to wear sandals in wet weather, temps permitting.

By the time the wet weather will be our daily event we will be near Santiago, late October. It will be chilly. Although some walk in Sandal to let the blisters heal.

I will return home after 2 weeks to Dublin on the 16th September to rain and winds.
Our winter will be setting in at that time! :\

Oh I will be walking slowly .. I am going for the journey and want to enjoy every minute . See you on the way

Hello Vibrant Alive Fred, First thanks so much for keeping this thread going, keeping the calender updated, and all of your pearls of advise and humor. We are all very excited about the upcoming days and weeks. A quick question about gear. I noticed that after walking for 2 plus hours I would get a lot of lower leg swelling and venous dilation. I cannot find much about use of calf sleeve compression or support socks on the forum. I also haven't seen it on any packing list. What's your learned opinion. Thanks Ron

Thank you musedoc! .. I appreciate that. :) .. Hopefully someone in the forum can give you advise on that swelling . Sounds to me like you might want to consider stopping at the Drs for a consultation . This could be something that needs professional advise. Sounds painfull :(

Myself and two girlfriends will be starting in St Jean Pied de Port on September 5th. This will be our first Camino, been planning and walking for about a year! We are down to 171 days but who's counting!! We are all from CA and looking forward to walking and starting this great adventure! Hope to meet you on the road to Santiago. We will be the ones with two turquoise and one rose colored backpacks and the Forum badge on the back!
Hope you meet you all along the way but I'll be starting from STJPdP on the 10th. I've can't even estimate how long it will take me to catch up, but I'll be watching for you all. Have a wonderful walk.
Gretchen

Another solution DF, is move the trip to start with me on Aug 31. However, there may be some rule to not let two SEC boys on the camino together, since would be a vino shortage for sure! Lol

Oh so true Snake! We be SEC .. second to none . Need to see if I can get satellite feed on my Galaxy S4 to listen to the games whilst strolling the lane . Wondering what the locals will think when I wave my hands in the air and shout out " Whooooo Pig Sooooie .. Razorbacks!"

€46,-
You're gonna drink 3 bottles before heading off on the Camino or do you plan on filling your water bottles before you head up the hill?

Probably one of each, sip from one and a gulp from the other . Hope Orission has some cheese and crackers

Joe,
Your choice of wine does you credit and would certainly solve the Boones Farm issue. However, I see a slight problem with your plan. If there is one special nugget of wisdom I have garnered from this forum, it is that one mustn't rush on the Camino. It is to be savored like your choice of fine wine. Therefore, out of consideration for you and to spare you rushing to catch me to reimburse me, I will be delighted to order the wine to be sent as you requested once you PM me your credit card number. A brilliant plan is now finely honed to perfection, n'est-ce pas?

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.