• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleeping Naked for Heat Preservation: Effective or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023
I have been hesitant to ask this question for reasons that will soon be obvious.

I was instructed while on an Outward Bound expedition to sleep naked with only a wool hat and socks ( if needed) as this method preserves the most body heat. I was explicitly instructed to NOT sleep in ANY clothing other than hat & socks. It was suggested to place the next days clothes in the bottom of the sleeping bag for easy access and to have something warm to put on first thing.

The locations were in the Utah canyons in April & October and the Rocky Mountains (San Juans) in August & September.

I have used this method ever since and have found it to be effective, however the conditions of sleeping on the ground under a tarp are admittedly different from sleeping indoors.

I read posts from many Pilgrims who sleep in clothes as an added layer(s) of warmth. This directly conflicts with my understanding of how to best conserve body heat while sleeping.

Thoughts?

Of course unintentional indecent exposure is definitely a possibility - how sensitive are Pilgrims to such things?

Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On the Camino there is no need for that method. Even in unheated buildings it will not be that cold. It's not a wilderness expedition, but a long walk through civilized areas and many towns, and you'll be sleeping inside buildings, not wooden sheds or shelters. If you bring a decent sleeping bag and not just a liner, you'll be fine, even without added layers. That's usually something people do when they realized their liner or ultralight sleeping bag is not warm enough.

Also, imagine when you have to get up at night to go to the toilet, in a full dormitory of only half asleep pilgrims, crawling out of your bag naked 🤣

Pilgrims usually will just look away and pretend they haven't seen anything, but to at least sleep in your underwear is maybe a compromise?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
OK, you are possibly going to be in a large bunk room with 49 of your new best friends. I would not want to have to put on my clothes every time I had to go to the bathroom in the night and thrash around in my sleeping bag liner trying to wriggle into something. Of course, I have shared a bunk room with male bicyclists who feel the need to strut around in a thong-like garment in the summer. I don't think that would work well for me as an overweight, 60+ female/

At a minimum, I would wear a t-thirt and some shorts or underwear if sleeping in a bunk room with others. In the summer, I usually take a "dress" that I can wear in the evening out to dinner or as a night gown to bed.

On reflection and a bit of reading, I will step out on a limb and suggest that this is a ridiculous piece of advice. Provided that you do not put on so many clothes that you overheat and start sweating, and provided that you do not wear wet clothes to bed, there is no reason that sleeping naked will make you warmer. Wearing appropriate layers of clothes will provide insulation and keep you warmer.

Do what you want on a wilderness hike, or in your own home, but not in an albergue, please.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
(Just google "sleep naked warmth" and you will get enough answers to choose from.)

Of course I had to Google it, and indeed, the advice to sleep naked appears to be ridiculous.

I have been hesitant to ask this question for reasons that will soon be obvious.

I was instructed while on an Outward Bound expedition to sleep naked with only a wool hat and socks ( if needed) as this method preserves the most body heat. I was explicitly instructed to NOT sleep in ANY clothing other than hat & socks. It was suggested to place the next days clothes in the bottom of the sleeping bag for easy access and to have something warm to put on first thing.

The locations were in the Utah canyons in April & October and the Rocky Mountains (San Juans) in August & September.

I have used this method ever since and have found it to be effective, however the conditions of sleeping on the ground under a tarp are admittedly different from sleeping indoors.

I read posts from many Pilgrims who sleep in clothes as an added layer(s) of warmth. This directly conflicts with my understanding of how to best conserve body heat while sleeping.

Thoughts?

Of course unintentional indecent exposure is definitely a possibility - how sensitive are Pilgrims to such things?

Buen Camino!
I guess the question I would ask is are you able to sleep ‘normally’ in clothes. A lot of people who sleep naked struggle to sleep with clothes on psychology. It plays on their mind and feels very constricting and unnatural. It sounds like you are able to sleep in clothes as you haven’t mentioned this, so that may be the best way forward. That said, I think it is very easy to sleep naked, keep yourself covered up, and slip on shorts / t shirt should you need to visit bathroom during the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Of course I had to Google it, and indeed, the advice to sleep naked appears to be ridiculous.

No idea if it is warmer or not but it certainly feels very warm and cozy!

Thoughts?

Buen Camino!
It’s very easy to avoid exposure I think.

What you sleep in at home would generally be sufficient on the Camino. You are sleeping in either dorms or private rooms. And even if the room is "too cold" for your comfort level - it isn't likely to be dangerously cold.

You will have a sleeping bag liner, and/or sleeping bag, and/or bedding provided. Most pilgrims get up, walk, take a shower and put on clean clothes and wash the clothes worn while walking so they are clean for the next day. Those clean clothes you put on after your shower become your pajamas and the next day's walking clothes. Some people may bring a set of clothing dedicated for sleeping. Some may rotate 3 walking outfits with sleep instead of 2. Each of these methods work. Some men might sleep in teir underwear. A very few women sleep in panties and a t-shirt/tank or something. But I advise against sleeping naked unless you are in a private room.

That said - I don't normally sleep naked at home - but I found myself sleeping naked quite a few times in private rooms. Don't have a reason why - just felt right for some reason lol. Maybe I just wanted a break from my walking clothes. I did this even more after I finished walking and was doing touristy vacation post Camino. Strange enough though - as soon as I got home - started sleeping in clothes again lol. Did this on both my Caminos. It somehow felt good. I won't be able to do this on my Via Francigena this summer though - my daughter would definitely protest! Especially since we have to share a bed in a number of accommodations lmao

Anyhow - I sleep in either my hiking dress or shorts/t-shirt unless it is cold - when it is cold I put on my warm layers.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What you sleep in at home would generally be sufficient on the Camino. You are sleeping in either dorms or private rooms. And even if the room is "too cold" for your comfort level - it isn't likely to be dangerously cold.

You will have a sleeping bag liner, and/or sleeping bag, and/or bedding provided. Most pilgrims get up, walk, take a shower and put on clean clothes and wash the clothes worn while walking so they are clean for the next day. Those clean clothes you put on after your shower become your pajamas and the next day's walking clothes. Some people may bring a set of clothing dedicated for sleeping. Some may rotate 3 walking outfits with sleep instead of 2. Each of these methods work. Some men might sleep in teir underwear. A very few women sleep in panties and a t-shirt/tank or something. But I advise against sleeping naked unless you are in a private room.

That said - I don't normally sleep naked at home - but I found myself sleeping naked quite a few times in private rooms. Don't have a reason why - just felt right for some reason lol. Maybe I just wanted a break from my walking clothes. I did this even more after I finished walking and was doing touristy vacation post Camino. Strange enough though - as soon as I got home - started sleeping in clothes again lol. Did this on both my Caminos. It somehow felt good. I won't be able to do this on my Via Francigena this summer though - my daughter would definitely protest! Especially since we have to share a bed in a number of accommodations lmao

Anyhow - I sleep in either my hiking dress or shorts/t-shirt unless it is cold - when it is cold I put on my warm layers.
People sleep in their walking clothes? As in trousers, shirts, etc?

Many do. But many sleep in their "evening" clothes. I specifically choose my after-walking clothes for their comfort while relaxing and sleeping. This reduces the need for daily laundry, as I have a "clean" set and a somewhat dirty set of clothes. Many people also sleep in a sub-set of their clean clothes.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Blimey.

It depends on both weather and your own personal comfort or its opposite.

Though still, sleeping naked in a collective dormitory might be no good idea.
Well as long as covered up (as you are in a SB) with clothes at hand should you need to get up! It’s easy to slip on shirts and g shirt quietly in a SB?

Many do. But many sleep in their "evening" clothes. I specifically choose myafter-walking clothes for their comfort while relaxing and sleeping. This reduces the need for daily laundry, as I have a "clean" set and a somewhat dirty set of clothes. Many people also sleep in a sub-set of their clean clothes.
Thank you! It’s quite a thing then. We are all so different aren’t we. The thought of walking all day in clothes I had slept in seems.but left field to me but ‘hey ho’!

Please don’t tell me the women sleep in bras! Surely not?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Many do. Some people have 2 sets of clothes that they alternate as I described. Some have a separate "evening" outfit and/or sleep outfit. But - many who walk in trousers probably remove them. Women walk in leggings or shorts more often - both of which are usually easy to sleep in. Men often sleep in their underwear or underwear/t-shirt or jogging shorts/t-shirts.

I do not understand your amazement at the different choices of sleepwear, or why one would care about the details of another's choices. I have not looked to see what underwear people are wearing under their clothes.
Just that I have never imagined people sleep fully clothed. and then walk best day in those clothes. Well unless they have had a heavy night out! It’s fine of course, each to their own, just so different to normal life I guess!

Just that I have never imagined people sleep fully clothed. and then walk best day in those clothes. Well unless they have had a heavy night out! It’s fine of course, each to their own, just so different to normal life I guess!
The Camino is not a "normal" life. I wouldn't dream of sleeping in my work clothes at home, but on the Camino your whole routine is different. I did sleep sometimes in my clothes as a soldier if I was in the field and knew I would probably have to get up in the night for some assigned duty or to use the latrine. Somehow that did not seem odd or uncomfortable, but I was usually so tired, that it didn't matter.

Thank you! It’s quite a thing then. We are all so different aren’t we. The thought of walking all day in clothes I had slept in seems.but left field to me but ‘hey ho’!

Please don’t tell me the women sleep in bras! Surely not?
Re - sleeping in bras - Most don't, some do.

As for walking all day in clothes you slept in - why not? They were clean when you put them on to go to sleep, and when you walk you will only get hot, sweaty, and dirty in them anyway! So why put on clean clothes in the morning?

My morning/daily ritual -
  1. (Pack the night before except what you need to sleep, and I also refill my water bottle at night)
  2. Roll out of bed
  3. Throw my sleep gear in my bag
  4. Grab my bachpack and head to the bathroom (set backpack in the hall or somewhere)
  5. Pee, wash hands, put my buff on as a headband (don't bother to brush hair)
  6. Collect poles and shoes, put on shoes, Leave and start walking
  7. Somewhere down the road I grab breakfast, brush my teeth, maybe brush hair
  8. Walk some more
  9. Get a snack or second breakfast
  10. Walk some more
  11. Either grab lunch then walk to my albergue or walk to my albergue and get lunch later
  12. At the albergue - check in, make bed, take shower, put on clean clothes, brush teeth and hair,
  13. Handwash or machine wash my dirty clothes
  14. Hang dry or machine dry my freshly washed clothes
  15. Take a nap/rest/look at pictures etc
  16. Take a walk around town/sight see
  17. Collect clothes (before or after dinner) and pack them away for tomorrow
  18. Go to dinner
  19. Pee, Wash up/Brush Teeth, Refill water bottle, Pack, Sleep,
  20. Repeat all of the above the next day.

No, sleeping nude will not keep you warmer. That’s ridiculous. I wonder how long ago you were told this. At one time, like back in the 60s and 70s, Outward Bound was infamous for promoting this sort of wilderness old wives tale, but has become much more modern in the last 30 years or so. At least that’s what I have been told.

I also don’t think that wearing multiple layers to bed is the best approach. Air that is trapped between layers or fibers is the best insulation, for example fluffy down, or synthetic fleece. Any clothing that consists of multiple thin layers does not capture much air and risks being constrictive. And bulky clothing worn in a down sleeping bag could take up so much space that it compresses the down, causing it to be less effective as an insulator. Wearing a hat to bed is much more effective because there is so much blood in your head. The same is true for your feet, to a lesser extent. As long as your sleeping bag/liner/down blanket/whatever is reasonably adequate for the season, you shouldn’t need to wear anything more than long underwear, socks, and a hat. Perhaps on very cold nights, a fleece jacket or vest or a loose fitting sweatshirt would help. But multiple layers of tshirts is not a good strategy.

No, it is not “easy“ to slip on shorts in a sleeping bag. That’s also ridiculous! It’s impossible in a mummy bag and maybe is possible in a rectangular one, but not at all easy. (I do have a 36” inseam, so maybe an extremely short person could manage this feat, but I know that I couldn’t.) Puttting on a T-shirt without flashing your breasts would also be quite a feat.

I think sleeping naked in a shared space like an albergue would be really inappropriate. You might be comfortable, but it would cause others to be uncomfortable. There is some give and take in a communal situation, and covering yourself up in consideration of others is pretty basic.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I thought every question had been asked at least once. Guess I was wrong.
🤣

Um. Please don't, as a kindness to others.
Anyway you'll be inside, and not freezing cold.
Every proper albergue I've slept in, with the notable exception of San Juan de Ortega, was not anything close to frigid.

I have done Outward Bound courses and many similar. Never ever heard of this. It defies logic.

I think whoever told you that might have been 'winding you up' ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I tend to sleep in shorts. People do sleep naked when it's overly warm, but not to conserve heat, but to shed it as quickly as possible.

On the topic of awkward nakedness. I was at the Ourense albergue on my second Camino and I didn't realise there were male and female dorms (thought the other dorm was just closed due to only 6 of us staying there. So I nipped into the other dorm to get changed in the morning to avoid wandering to the toilet area, so all goes well until i hear something and turn around and realise the hospitaleria is sat up in bed staring at me. I didn't realise anyone was sleeping there. I almost died on the spot. I apologised and nipped back.

But you see all sorts of things in albergues. A female in one albergue wandered off to a toilet in the early hours minus all clothing and came back the same way. She mentioned it to me the next morning as we walked, my response "whatever works for you". It's a non issue. Do what suits you.

I like to wear shorts and maybe a t-shirt, but the t-shirt is removed when I'm in my sleeping bag as it's a rather warm 3 season. I am not a thin person, so I remain warm all the time. ;)

No, sleeping nude will not keep you warmer. That’s ridiculous. I wonder how long ago you were told this. At one time, like back in the 60s and 70s, Outward Bound was infamous for promoting this sort of wilderness old wives tale, but has become much more modern in the last 30 years or so. At least that’s what I have been told.

I also don’t think that wearing multiple layers to bed is the best approach. Air that is trapped between layers or fibers is the best insulation, for example fluffy down, or synthetic fleece. Any clothing that consists of multiple thin layers does not capture much air and risks being constrictive. And bulky clothing worn in a down sleeping bag could take up so much space that it compresses the down, causing it to be less effective as an insulator. Wearing a hat to bed is much more effective because there is so much blood in your head. The same is true for your feet, to a lesser extent. As long as your sleeping bag/liner/down blanket/whatever is reasonably adequate for the season, you shouldn’t need to wear anything more than long underwear, socks, and a hat. Perhaps on very cold nights, a fleece jacket or vest or a loose fitting sweatshirt would help. But multiple layers of tshirts is not a good strategy.

No, it is not “easy“ to slip on shorts in a sleeping bag. That’s also ridiculous! It’s impossible in a mummy bag and maybe is possible in a rectangular one, but not at all easy. (I do have a 36” inseam, so maybe an extremely short person could manage this feat, but I know that I couldn’t.) Puttting on a T-shirt without flashing your breasts would also be quite a feat.

I think sleeping naked in a shared space like an albergue would be really inappropriate. You might be comfortable, but it would cause others to be uncomfortable. There is some give and take in a communal situation, and covering yourself up in consideration of others is pretty basic.
I personally find it very easy to slip on shots in a sleeping bag. A reasonable degree of coordination Is required of course. Sorry I don’t know what a mummy bag is!!

I personally find it very easy to slip on shots in a sleeping bag. A reasonable degree of coordination Is required of course. Sorry I don’t know what a mummy bag is!!
92ebe6fd-6442-4aef-95ff-54f6b23c9feb_1.b0c7591e58b7e7a78e6a964dcfdb7aef.jpeg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sounds like something from the old 'toughen you up' approach to outdoor activities. Hopefully things have changed. Do what feels comfortable, though the challenges of nudity and communal sleeping have already been well covered in this thread. I find wearing a base layer ( technical name for underwear!) keeps me warmer and the sleeping bag cleaner. I really don't want to be attempting to wash and dry a down bag on a long Camino.

I tend to sleep in shorts. People do sleep naked when it's overly warm, but not to conserve heat, but to shed it as quickly as possible.

On the topic of awkward nakedness. I was at the Ourense albergue on my second Camino and I didn't realise there were male and female dorms (thought the other dorm was just closed due to only 6 of us staying there. So I nipped into the other dorm to get changed in the morning to avoid wandering to the toilet area, so all goes well until i hear something and turn around and realise the hospitaleria is sat up in bed staring at me. I didn't realise anyone was sleeping there. I almost died on the spot. I apologised and nipped back.

But you see all sorts of things in albergues. A female in one albergue wandered off to a toilet in the early hours minus all clothing and came back the same way. She mentioned it to me the next morning as we walked, my response "whatever works for you". It's a non issue. Do what suits you.

I like to wear shorts and maybe a t-shirt, but the t-shirt is removed when I'm in my sleeping bag as it's a rather warm 3 season. I am not a thin person, so I remain warm all the time. ;)
I think nudity is about context and situation. Stayed in a dorm once. All went to nude beach, male and female. No big deal. Yet back in dorm all still covered up. Similarly when I go to Germany we all go to Wellness center where mixed nudity is compulsory. Again it ls no big deal. But back at their home even if i get up on middle of the time I pull not just shorts on but a T shir too! I find people walking round in underwear in dorms more inappropriate than folks naked under covers. Just my view in good faith. Please don’t pile on.

I might add that shorts for me are actually shorts, not underwear. So think more gym shorts. They tend to also be the shorts I use for hot springs and swimming in rivers/lakes/pools. I honestly don't bother with underwear when trekking, it leads to problems from sweat and fungal infections. Better to avoid getting problems in the first place when you are walling 1000 miles.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Thoughts?

Buen Camino!

A lot of this comes down to personal preference but I’ve never understood how one can comfortably sleep in the same clothes that you’re going to get up and start the next day in. I did that, for days on end, decades ago in the army - but time’s moved on.

I carry a super-lightweight t-shirt and merino boxers which serve as nightwear; and if I have to expose myself to public view; I’d always have my sunglasses on. If I can’t see you; you can’t see me.

I bring only stretchy comfortable clothes on the Camino. When sleeping in albergues I always sleep in my next days clean clothes, including underwear. I can pop out of bed and be nearly ready to go in the morning so, except for a quick wash of my face it's worth it to me. I think men have it easier in public sleeping quarters than women as they can expose themselves from the waist up. After the first few days, I don't even notice the feel.
Private lodging is a different story as I wear an extremely lightweight short nightgown.
P.S. I do love the naked feel of skinny dipping...just sayin.😉

I bring only stretchy comfortable clothes on the Camino. When sleeping in albergues I always sleep in my next days clean clothes, including underwear. I can pop out of bed and be nearly ready to go in the morning so, except for a quick wash of my face, so it's worth it to me. I think men have it easier in public sleeping quarters than women as thy can expose themselves from the waist up. After the first few days, I don't even notice it.
Private lodging is a different story as I wear an extremely lightweight short nightgown.
P.S. I do love the naked feel of skinny dipping...just sayin.😉
Yea thankfully spending a lot of time in Spain you can always find somewhere to swim without horrible swinmwear on. So much freer!

Yea thankfully spending a lot of time in Spain you can always find somewhere to swim without horrible swinmwear on. So much freer!
I've never skinny dipped overseas. I'm not talking about nude beaches...no, never!😳 I speak of inky dark night waters with other gals you know, and they are not looking at you.🙂 But you are right; so much freer indeed!

I might add that shorts for me are actually shorts, not underwear. So think more gym shorts. They tend to also be the shorts I use for hot springs and swimming in rivers/lakes/pools. I honestly don't bother with underwear when trekking, it leads to problems from sweat and fungal infections. Better to avoid getting problems in the first place when you are walling 1000 miles.
May have changed but public pools in Paris would never let men wear shorts for hygiene reasons! It’s had to be speedos. I’m happy to be naked but speedo…. No way!!! .…

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm at the Chicago airport as we speak heading to Madrid! How do the British tend to be🤔........you fill in the blank! 😅
Have a great flight! How exciting! The British tend to be quite prudish compared to many of our European neighbours esp. Germany and Austria. I spend a lot of time in Germany so thankfully have been able to adopt a broader viewpoint!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No, sleeping naked does not make you warmer, BUT the less you manage to sleep with, the more clothes you have to warm yourself in when you get up. This is vital below -10 C, but in Spain, indifferent ;-)

I can't bear the thought of sleeping in walking clothes, nor naked among strangers. So, my silk pajamas are coming, weight or not :)

how sensitive are Pilgrims to such things?
Some are some aren't.

It's a non issue. Do what suits you.
Do what feels comfortable while also takiing others onto account is the more considerate choice. It may be a non-issue for you. But you're not everyone.

I'm a 'religoius', and not used to mixed gender rooms. So I tend to feel uncomfortable around people - especially of the oppoosite sex - parading around in their underwear, let alone naked.

A lot of this comes down to personal preference but I’ve never understood how one can comfortably sleep in the same clothes that you’re going to get up and start the next day in. I did that, for days on end, decades ago in the army - but time’s moved on.

I carry a super-lightweight t-shirt and merino boxers which serve as nightwear; and if I have to expose myself to public view; I’d always have my sunglasses on. If I can’t see you; you can’t see me.
Ha!

I can't bear the thought of sleeping in walking clothes, nor naked among strangers. So, my silk pajamas are coming, weight or not :)
My problem is not the weight of nightwear, it is heading into the public albergue bathrooms with my day's clothing in a bag and changing into them in a toilet stall😛 or out in the open.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Some are some aren't.

Do what feels comfortable while also takiing others onto account is the more considerate choice. It may be a non-issue for you. But you're not everyone.

I'm a 'religoius', and not used to mixed gender rooms. So I tend to feel uncomfortable around people - especially of the oppoosite sex - parading around in their underwear, let alone naked.
Important point. Certainly in UK thoughts around changing rooms, nudity, etc, developing as we become more multicultural! It’s important to remember one size does not fit all. Lived in India and even same sex showers had cubicles.

Take your cue from those around you! It’s quite easy to sense the prevailing culture in any situation!

If you’d like to post a video demonstrating how easy it is, please do so. Until then, I am going to continue believing what I believe.

It isn’t about coordination; it’s about the limits of physical space.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you’d like to post a video demonstrating how easy it is, please do so. Until then, I am going to continue believing what I believe.

I don't know about you, but I put on "two" pieces of undergarments, and putting one of them on while in a sleeping bag does indeed require coordination.😅

One more point to this - how sensitive Pilgrims are also relates to where they are from. Some cultures would have no problem with nakedness, others would find it highly offensive. I know Americans - well we can be either very Prudish or very relaxed or anywhere in between. I know I would be somewhat uncomfortable depending on the context I suppose - but I wouldn't be offended.

I don't know about you, but I put on "two" pieces of undergarments, and putting one of them on while in a sleeping bag does indeed require coordination.😅
For me it depends on whether in my tight mummy shaped sleeping bag or my loose rectangular liner. I might slip off my shorts or change from leggings into short in a liner - but couldn't possibly even consider doing it in my sleeping bag. But - I can change very quickly in the dark too - so early morning if I do need to change - I just do it as fast as I can in my bed.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I am really not posting a video! I am sure we are both better than that! If you don’t believe me that’s fine! Let’s agree to disagree! I know what I can do and can’t!!

I didn’t mean to say that coordination wasn’t required, but the first thing is sufficient space, especially with mile-long legs and arms. Nope, not happening. 🤣

One more point to this - how sensitive Pilgrims are also relates to where they are from. Some cultures would have no problem with nakedness, others would find it highly offensive. I know Americans - well we can be either very Prudish or very relaxed or anywhere in between. I know I would be somewhat uncomfortable depending on the context I suppose - but I wouldn't be offended.
Totally! I didn’t want to say that as a non USA citizen! The UK struggles too with the body and nudity.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Some are some aren't.

I agree, and it's one of several reasons why I find it convenient to sleep in my clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.