A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Slightly Stranded

DowtyCamino

Camino(s) past & future
May-July (2014),
May-July (2017)
Crazy hiccup when the bag check at Madrid ate my passport. I've recovered it but missed my flight to BIQ. My 3 companions have gone ahead and we plan to meet in SJPdP.
My only goal now is to get to SJPdP at the quickest route so as not to hold them up. We have Orisson reservations for this evening.
I've rebooked a flight to San Sebastián.
From there I plan on a taxi to SJPdP.
Is this now the fastest way? Don't care about the money at this point but I'd like a guess at what a taxi will cost. Help

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Crazy hiccup when the bag check at Madrid ate my passport. I've recovered it but missed my flight to BIQ. My 3 companions have gone ahead and we plan to meet in SJPdP.
My only goal now is to get to SJPdP at the quickest route so as not to hold them up. We have Orisson reservations for this evening.
Is this now the fastest way? Don't care about the money at this point but I'd like a guess at what a taxi will cost. Help
The airport for San Sebastian is in Hondarabia which is roughly 80 km from SJPdP. The taxi will cost at least 1 € per km.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Probably too late to organise now but you could try googling Bla Bla car for a lift.

DowtyCamino

Camino(s) past & future
May-July (2014),
May-July (2017)
Thanks all. I've found my way. Taxi will be 145euros for future reference. Would have been less if booked in advance.

H

HighlandsHiker

Am starting to think that Barajas is cursed......good work sorting it out!! I hope the airlines was helpful to you - that's a bit stressful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jersey

Camino(s) past & future
July 2017
I would think it inadvertently got dropped on the belt
Years ago I dropped my cell phone, bounced once and bingo, right into the storm drain. A friend of mine who had an unhealthy ( financially speaking ) habit of buying new cell phones bailed me out with a replacement phone

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Am starting to think that Barajas is cursed......good work sorting it out!! I hope the airlines was helpful to you - that's a bit stressful.
Camino is just in part a mirror of our daily lives. But in most cases it is just not. So I guess planning a tight schedual isn't the best way to do it. Always leave some spare space/hours/days 'cause you never know what you gonna get ;)

I hope you're OK by now @DowtyCamino and that you'll started your Camino at ease...

Last edited:
As one Pilgrim has mentioned, "The Camino enjoys mirroring our life." So, it may be wise to contemplate, when it is safe and time allows, imagine the challenges that may be ahead.

No need for concern. Chance favours the prepared mind.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%