• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SO , Bed Bugs are attracted to certain colors ?

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have ordered a white double sized silk liner that I had planned to cut down and sew into a wide single size. I also thought that I'd dye it, because I thought that the white might be a bit transparent. Perhaps I'll just leave it as is. Also, someone on a packing list thread was bringing a white liner so that bed bugs would be more visible on it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That makes the decision about which sleeping bag to take much easier. The Down one is green and the Dacron one black with a red inside. I guess I'm going with the Down one!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you know an Albergue owner please share!

Also..

"The next time you're packing for a trip, you might want to reach for your brightest-colored luggage. It could help keep bedbugs away. A new study finds that bedbugs -- just like flies and other insects -- have favorite colors. They really like dark red and black, and they shun dazzling white and bright yellow. "

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/health/bedbugs-dark-color-sheets/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial
I just heard an article about bedbugs and colors and the lab experiments (I am radio educated). The experiments were done "In the light" bedbugs are nocturnal. Bedbugs were "less attracted to yellow and green" (they are color blind) black and red were there favorite unless they were hungry. I am not sure how to do it but feed bedbugs before you go to sleep in yellow bedding.... Ultreya... Willy/Utah/USA

Most read last week in this forum

Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...
I can see where this will help in the eternal search for an open alberque. These "pilgrims" will by-pass many towns and communities during their "walk" leaving many alberques available for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.