• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

So I bought a plane ticket...

Seth the Pilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning Camino Norte/Frances (05/16)
Hey everyone!
So I bought a plane ticket to Paris for May 20th 2016.... now I am starting my planning for the Camino. Wanting to start on Camino del Norte and merge to Frances, is this possible? Also, looking to meet some cool people (possibly there at the same time) and get some tips. Anything helps and is much appreciated! Going solo and just looking for an amazing adventure! Not much of a planner, kinda wingin it...seems to work out well most times! Down to chat, feel free to chime in!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@Seth the Pilgrim the Camino del Norte does join the Camino Francés at Arzua, or you can turn off the Norte onto the Primitivo which joins the Camino Francés at Melide.

But if you want to meet people I recommend the Camino Francés, with a hike over the Pyrenees from St Jean Pied de Port to start the walk.

@Kanga thank you for the info! I'm a bit torn, I love my time alone in remote places but really enjoy other people's company... I guess that's why I want both haha. The hike through the Pyrenees is very intriguing as well, and St. Jean Pied de Port looks amazing. I suppose I may be a little biased to the north because of Hemingway...I love to fish as well.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well, if you are a Hemingway fan you must stay in Burguete - on the Camino Francés! It was where he went to fish and where he wrote "The Sun Also Rises" . He even mentions the village by name in the book. The hotel in which he stayed is still operated by the same family I think (different generation, obviously) and you can stay there - we did a few years ago. Sadly we did not get Hemingway's room as someone else had booked it.

Burguete is just a few kilometers further on from Roncesvales.

Seth, I kinda 'winged it' too after my agency left me down and I had to go it alone. I would love to pass my shell onto someone who is winging it as well. :)
I just came off the Camino Portugues and am finishing off in Finsterre and Muxia before i leave Spain. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@CykaUJ sounds awesome! What did you think of doing it alone, I'm actually looking forward to that. Finsterre will be my goal as well. Overall, how is/was your trip? Hopefully you had great time! ✌

@CykaUJ sounds awesome! What did you think of doing it alone, I'm actually looking forward to that. Finsterre will be my goal as well. Overall, how is/was your trip? Hopefully you had great time! ✌

There was no question about doing it alone, it was something I had to do. The Camino Portugues is not very heavily traveled and except for the last 6km, I didn't see anyone else. (Actually there was a school group just before ponte do Lima, but they stopped because of the flooding). I question a little though if I missed out on something by not meeting anyone.

I have driven part of the way to Finisterre because I have to go to London tomorrow and needed to see the cape and Muxia before I go.

I will do more caminos, but the first one will always be the most significant.

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@CykaUJ Glad to hear you enjoyed being alone, that makes me feel better haha. Hope you made it to Finisterre ok, would love to hear about it! And if your shell has yet to find a new home, I promise I would do my best to make you proud!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.