Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Solo Primitivo for retirement

Owensr23

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF
2018 CP
4/29/2022 Primitivo
I am getting ready to leave for the airport in a couple of hours heading for Oviedo. I thought I would start this thread before I left to make sure everything was working.

This this will be my third Camino. The first was the Frances in 2016 with my wife from Leon, and the second was the Portuguese from Porto with my wife as well. I retired in February this year and have been waiting to make sure I avoid the snow on the Primitivo. This time I am celebrating with a solo trek.

I will post to let everyone know how all the Covid issues associated with Travel work out, the weather, and accommodations.

A huge thanks to Ivar and everyone on the forum helping me prepare for this journey. Thank you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am getting ready to leave for the airport in a couple of hours heading for Oviedo. I thought I would start this thread before I left to make sure everything was working.

This this will be my third Camino. The first was the Frances in 2016 with my wife from Leon, and the second was the Portuguese from Porto with my wife as well. I retired in February this year and have been waiting to make sure I avoid the snow on the Primitivo. This time I am celebrating with a solo trek.

I will post to let everyone know how all the Covid issues associated with Travel work out, the weather, and accommodations.

A huge thanks to Ivar and everyone on the forum helping me prepare for this journey. Thank you.
Buen Camino!

Buen Camino! I have some Camigos who are also about to start in Oviedo, I'll be following your trip in anticipation!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

I'll be wright behind you in 6 weeks time, so I will follow your journey with much interest.
Starting in Oviedo and its stunning Cathedral, if you have time, visit the pre-romanesque churches in Monte Naranco (I don't know if they are opened or you have to book a visit).

Are you using an app? I was curious about an app that could be useful in the Primitivo and simple to use

Hi.
Bon travels. Please include me as I am planning to walk it at the end of August. I am 74 so advice welcome.
Graham

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m so glad you are writing, my husband and I fly to Madrid next week and will start from Oviedo on Friday. We’ve walked in France, le Chemin du Puy, but this will be our first time to walk in Spain.

You will have a great time. I arrived home last Wednesday having walked from Santander on the Norte, then across to Oviedo, along the Primitive, then out to Finisterre and Muxia. No problem with snow even on the high Hospital route. Plenty of room at all albergues, very quiet apart from Melida to Santiago. I arrived in Santiago on Good Friday.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Looking forward to your posts. I too will be walking this route solo in a month.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I will be interested to read your thread as I will be following along behind in a few weeks. Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Thanks for sharing your experience about covid, weather (and mud on the way) and accommodations. I’ll be there in 2ws. Buen camino 😉

Congratulations on your retirement! The Primitivo is a beautiful and interesting Camino. You will certainly enjoy it. I recommend staying in Sanblismo instead of Borres…

I’m so glad you are writing, my husband and I fly to Madrid next week and will start from Oviedo on Friday. We’ve walked in France, le Chemin du Puy, but this will be our first time to walk in Spain.
I will be right behind you, starting from Leon on May 10

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Absolutely beautiful day Friday in Oviedo, but I needed one more day to get over the flight from the US. Masking up the whole flight, crying infants, and turbulence made for a rough flight. No one in Spain even checked my vaccine records or the qcr codes, but I provided the information prior to leaving the US.

In Oviedo about 20% of the people are wearing masks outdoors, but everyone wears masks indoors in all settings. Hand sanitizer is everywhere.

Heading out Saturday morning early and will report in on conditions along the way.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Can anyone tell me if Spain still requires a Health Pass? Or is proof of vaccination enough? Thanks

Buen Camino. Primitivo is great and tough

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back