• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Some thoughts on my Frances Camino

Annie Cusworth

Hi all, I'm planning on walking some of the Camino Frances from the 28th July. I have around 13days to walk and have been researching the best part to do. Wondered if you guys could shed some light for me? I am a single female travelling alone. I am also wondering about places to sleep and if it is going to be hectic ally busy and if I should try to book beforehand?? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated! Thanks x

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you wanted the compestela, it would be possible to contemplate walking from Leon if you can average 25 km/day, after Leon if you don't think you could achieve that.

Booking accommodation is possible, but that would exclude using most albergues (private albergues will take bookings, others don't). I mainly use the albergue network, and don't generally book, except that I have used hotels each time I have reached Santiago.

Thank you that sounds good although I am not fixed on getting the compostela. More fussed about having a good camino with lovely scenery and meeting nice people!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you are not interested in the Compostela and you are more focused on beautiful scenery you should check out each of the Caminos on this board. Each has something to recommend it. Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder and it really depends on what kind of Camino you are looking for.

Hi all, I'm planning on walking some of the Camino Frances from the 28th July. I have around 13days to walk and have been researching the best part to do. Wondered if you guys could shed some light for me? I am a single female travelling alone. I am also wondering about places to sleep and if it is going to be hectic ally busy and if I should try to book beforehand?? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated! Thanks x
Hi Annie , when you are fitt enough I would do the first part from SJPDP over the mountains , wish you a Buen Camino , Peter .

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back