A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Spiritual renewal in Santiago de Compostela

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2001; Frances 2003
Hi Folks,

My name is Michael, and I've rented some rooms in Santiago de Compostela for a few weeks this summer. I've got a grant to pay for them, and can provide them free to folks who are willing to toparticipate in a "retreat" - a three night gathering for pilgrims to talk about the pilgrimage experience, and the experience of entering and being at Santiago!

If this sounds like something of interest, please let me know, or, let your friends who are walking this summer know I'll be here.

This project is a ministry I've developed as part of a docotoral program, and is rooted in the Christian tradition, but open to folks of any faith (it's not a recreuiting ministry, just a ministry of providing space for people to debrief their experience and explore ways to integrate it upon their return home).

If you have any questions, feel free to email me: holy.lingering@gmail.com.

Michael B

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Hello Michael,
Congratulations on your ordination and I wish you every success with your project in Santiago.
I have been reading your blog and wondered why you used the word 'retreat' in your post when on your blog post you had decided to call it a 'renewal'?
I hadn't thought about the fact that I'm using the easy jargon - "retreat." That exactly the opposite, though, of what I am trying to accomplish in many ways: not a retreat from, but a healthy, spiritual re-entry into that from which one has been retreating.
PS: Thank you for your prayers for South Africa.

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • April

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • May

Votes: 80 24.2%
  • June