• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spiritual Variante

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm planning to walk the Spiritual Variant in June 2024.

Be aware that the Armenteira Monastery no longer takes reservations for pilgrims. They accept pilgrims on a first-come-first-serve basis, if they have rooms that night.

In addition, per their Facebook page as of Jan 20 2024, the municipal Albergue in Armenteira is not taking reservations due to a broken ceiling and some kind of management change.

Leaves few options for staying in Armenteira that are cost-effective. I booked at Carballo de Prado 1900 for more than I wanted to spend, but am happy that I will guarantee a bed for the night.

I'm breaking my Pontevedra -> Padron leg into:
1. Pontevedra to Combarro (16km)
2. Combarro to Armenteira (10 km, lots of uphill)
3. Armenteira to Vilanova de Arousa (26km)
4. Vilanova de Arousa to Padron via Traslatio boat (actually to Herbon, but that's very close to Padron)

I would have liked to further break up day 3 (Armenteira to Vilanova de Arousa) into two days, so that I could more enjoy the Ruta de la Piedra y del Agua, but I had competing interests. If I had done that, then I would have walked:

3. Armenteira to Ribadumia (9 km)
4. Ribadumia to Vilanova de Arousa (17 km)

Have fun with planning! (I really like planning myself.)

We walked from Pontevedra to Combarro 15 km, then to hospedaje rustico os castanos 15 km and than the last strech to Vilanova de Arousa 18 km. In Combarro and Villanova there is plenty accommodation. I found os castanos when I zoomed in on google maps. It is a nice local hotel with even a menu del dia when asked for it. I made the reservation by phone, they speak some english. It is good to stay in Combarro so you can start the next day with the steep instead of doing this at the end of the day. The variante espiritual is very nice to do. Don’t forget to enjoy the local albariño wine 😀

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Be aware that the Armenteira Monastery no longer takes reservations for pilgrims. They accept pilgrims on a first-come-first-serve basis, if they have rooms that night.

In addition, per their Facebook page as of Jan 20 2024, the municipal Albergue in Armenteira is not taking reservations due to a broken ceiling and some kind of management change.

Leaves few options for staying in Armenteira that are cost-effective. I booked at Carballo de Prado 1900 for more than I wanted to spend, but am happy that I will guarantee a bed for the night.

4. Vilanova de Arousa to Padron via Traslatio boat (actually to Herbon, but that's very close to Padron)

I would have liked to further break up day 3 (Armenteira to Vilanova de Arousa) into two days, so that I could more enjoy the Ruta de la Piedra y del Agua, but I had competing interests. If I had done that, then I would have walked:

You will like Carballo de prado 1900 ok it´s more expensive, lovely place and owners, good breakfast and you will get a beautifull wax stamp !!, they also pick you up at the monastery and put you back on track

If you wish to have a look at my website, on the Variante Espiritual, or the "Ruta Traslatio," I go into our trip in great detail. The legends surrounding the Traslatio and the only maritime Way of the Cross is very interesting!

I did not know about the problems at the albergue In Armenteira. And you are right, the other options are pricey. However, they all WILL happily come to pick you up at the monastery, so you don't have to walk the significant distance!

We also stayed at Os Castaños, halfway in Ribadumia. That made for an enjoyable day on the very special Ruta da Pedra e da Auga. Do beware if you stay at the Os Castaños their food is quite pricey at the restaurante and I had a bad experience with the wine (which they rectified), but they made up for it at the amazing full-service breakfast the next morning, included in the reasonably priced night at the hotel. For a large lunch or dinner, I recommend the Bar O Chiringo, right along the river, and the Camino, just before you arrive at the Os Castaños. The proprietress was a Camino mother, extraordinaire and she brought out more food than we ordered! What amazing hospitality and large portions and very inexpensive food.

Happy planning and have a wonderful Camino! You will LOVE the Variante Espiritual. It is very special indeed.

Hi Folks

My planning has taken me as far as Pontevedra from Porto I would like to walk the Spirituale Variante. Any advice on stages and accomodation as well.as general pearls of wisdom please ?
Thanks Jim 🥾👣🎒

Hi Folks

My planning has taken me as far as Pontevedra from Porto I would like to walk the Spirituale Variante. Any advice on stages and accomodation as well.as general pearls of wisdom please ?
Thanks Jim 🥾👣🎒
At Combarro we stayed at a wonderfull brand new albergue, can highly recommend it:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Thank You so much that was so helpful . Like you I enjoy the planning but was struggling a little with the spiritual variant but your advice was fantastic.

Hi Folks

Thanks Jim 🥾👣🎒

At Combarro we stayed at a wonderfull brand new albergue, can highly recommend it:
I have already booked it but good to get a recommendation Thank You

If you wish to have a look at my website, on the Variante Espiritual, or the "Ruta Traslatio," I go into our trip in great detail. The legends surrounding the Traslatio and the only maritime Way of the Cross is very interesting!

I did not know about the problems at the albergue In Armenteira. And you are right, the other options are pricey. However, they all WILL happily come to pick you up at the monastery, so you don't have to walk the significant distance!

We also stayed at Os Castaños, halfway in Ribadumia. That made for an enjoyable day on the very special Ruta da Pedra e da Auga. Do beware if you stay at the Os Castaños their food is quite pricey at the restaurante and I had a bad experience with the wine (which they rectified), but they made up for it at the amazing full-service breakfast the next morning, included in the reasonably priced night at the hotel. For a large lunch or dinner, I recommend the Bar O Chiringo, right along the river, and the Camino, just before you arrive at the Os Castaños. The proprietress was a Camino mother, extraordinaire and she brought out more food than we ordered! What amazing hospitality and large portions and very inexpensive food.

Happy planning and have a wonderful Camino! You will LOVE the Variante Espiritual. It is very special indeed.
At os castanos ask for the menu del dia . we paid abour 12 euro’s for three courses wirh albarino wine. It is not on the written menu. Their breakfast is also quit good.

You will like Carballo de prado 1900 ok it´s more expensive, lovely place and owners, good breakfast and you will get a beautifull wax stamp !!, they also pick you up at the monastery and put you back on track
I didn't know about the wax stamp! That sounds lovely. I'm even more excited to stay there now. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We walked from Pontevedra to Combarro 15 km, then to hospedaje rustico os castanos 15 km and than the last strech to Vilanova de Arousa 18 km. In Combarro and Villanova there is plenty accommodation. I found os castanos when I zoomed in on google maps. It is a nice local hotel with even a menu del dia when asked for it. I made the reservation by phone, they speak some english. It is good to stay in Combarro so you can start the next day with the steep instead of doing this at the end of the day. The variante espiritual is very nice to do. Don’t forget to enjoy the local albariño wine 😀
I am doing a similar route, after the Coastal route, in April. Staying in Combarro. Happy to hear you stayed at Os Castanos. I have booked a room but have not read of others doing so. Then Vilanova de Asousa. Looking forward to it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Everyone has great suggestions, and I'll add to stay in the donativo Convento in Herbon--right outside of Padron. It's amazing and the hospitaleros are kind and helpful.
Yes, I'm hoping to stay at the Convento in Herbon. I'm comfortable with knowing that I can't book a reservation for that place, knowing that if they can't take me Padron is not far and has lots of accommodations to choose from.

(Conversely, Armenteira has few options, so one has to choose to take a chance on the monastery or the municipal [if it is even open given the roof problem]), or book at one of the few options around Armenteira.)

Hi Folks

Thanks Jim 🥾👣🎒
Just do it . I did it in Sept 2022. It was an experience I'll never forget. Take the turn to Armenteira then next day to Villanueva where you take the boat the next morning to Padron.you can walk then to Santiago or stay the night in Padron which is worth doing.
My accommodation(the only Albergue) in Armenteira and boat trip was booked in advance by the host where I stayed in Pontevedra . Albergue A Cortilla in Villanueva was good, and Albergue Corredoiras was excellent in Padron. Both from Booking.com
I'm returning in late April.
Buen Camino

I'm starting on the coastal next week and we (a loose group of old lags, at least one of whom is occasionally known to this forum..) plan to take the Variante. My normal 'go to' planner, Gronze, stops at Pontevedra, so trying to work out the subsequent route with WisePilgrim, which I don't find straightforward.
First question - are there any other planning guides to this section that people recommend?
Secondly for Armenteira, I guess we''ll try contacting the monastery a few days in advance (website seems to be inactive at the moment) and hope they still have some shared rooms (can anyone confirm?). Otherwise currently no Plan B with the Albergue closed.
We are planning to walk from Arosa to Padron, which looks like 35km. I can see the path on Mapy.cz. But not read any reports of walking this section, as the boat trip seems to be the preferred option - anyone care to comment?
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but hopefully my questions will elicit useful responses for all!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm starting on the coastal next week and we (a loose group of old lags, at least one of whom is occasionally known to this forum..) plan to take the Variante. My normal 'go to' planner, Gronze, stops at Pontevedra, so trying to work out the subsequent route with WisePilgrim, which I don't find straightforward.
First question - are there any other planning guides to this section that people recommend?
Secondly for Armenteira, I guess we''ll try contacting the monastery a few days in advance (website seems to be inactive at the moment) and hope they still have some shared rooms (can anyone confirm?). Otherwise currently no Plan B with the Albergue closed.
We are planning to walk from Arosa to Padron, which looks like 35km. I can see the path on Mapy.cz. But not read any reports of walking this section, as the boat trip seems to be the preferred option - anyone care to comment?
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but hopefully my questions will elicit useful responses for all!

Regarding the Monastery, you can try to contact them a few days before, but I do not think you will be able to reserve even close to the date. Here is what Sister Paula wrote to me when I asked them about 2024 reservations:
La comunidad de hermanas hemos decidido No recibir reservas para el año 2024.

Cuando llegues a monasterio si hay alguna habitación disponible, te podrás quedar. El check in se hará por la mañana, de 13,00 h a 13,30h o por la tarde, de las 16,30h a 18,30h.

Para una comunidad de vida monástica la acogida de peregrinos con reserva, supone que no podemos dedicarnos a lo espiritual, que es la razón de nuestra vida.

Puedes asistir igualmente a la bendición del peregrino a las 19,00h y a misa al día siguiente a las 7,30h y los domingos a las 11,00h.

Translated, this means:
The community of sisters have decided not to receive reservations for the year 2024.

When you arrive at the monastery, if there is a room available, you can stay. Check in will be done in the morning, from 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. or in the afternoon, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

For a community of monastic life, welcoming pilgrims with reservation means that we cannot dedicate ourselves to the spiritual, which is the reason for our life.

You can also attend the pilgrim's blessing at 7:00 p.m. and mass the next day at 7:30 a.m. and on Sundays at 11:00 a.m.

Note that the earlier check-in time is actually a very narrow window, and is different than what was presented on the Monastery website (which, indeed, is down right now).

If I recall correctly (and I can't check as the Monastery website is down and there's no apparent google cache of it), if you're willing to stay TWO nights or longer at the Monastery, in the way of a sabbatical, then you might be able to reserve.

Regarding other places to stay in Armenteira:

For Feb 4-5 (you'll need to plug in your own dates), Booking.com is showing four places near the Monastery ("near" = 2km or less) which are house rentals with 3-4 beds, for prices ranging from 108 to 304 euros (for the whole house). Ratings ranging from 7.5 to 10 out of 10. They are:

- A Casa do Olivo
- A Casa das Barreiras
- Villa Flor Armenteira
- casa Bicaño en armenteira ideal entera para peregrinos y grupos

The place I booked, Carballo de Prado 1900, does not appear to be available for February, at least not on Booking.com.

Regarding other apps:

Buen Camino has the Spiritual Variant in the Portuguese Coastal section of their app (in blue), but I do not find it has many details or is helpful.

Stingy Nomads' website has a guide to walking the Spiritual Variant, but they take the boat and do not walk to Padron from Vilanova de Arousa.

Regarding planning to walk from Vilanova de Arousa to Padron:

This thread from 2018 says that the Brierley guide (paper book) has some commentary on walking that stretch. It's a bit ominous:

I haven’t walked it, but a camino buddy did. She walked well over 30kms and then got lost, so that she ended up exhausted, and miles away from Padron.

Do you have the Brierley 2018 edition? He gives the mileage from Vilanova to Padron as 36.7kms. He says:
“This stage along the rio Ulla appears from the map as a riverside walk but appearances can be deceptive! In reality it is a long and mostly gruelling hike with few river stretches . . . Waymarking throughout is haphazard . . .”

A month ago I got a train from Padron to Vilagarcia de Arousa, and then walked “backwards” for the 10km to Vilanova de Arousa. It was tarmac the whole way, except for a very short path around a small bay. The outskirts of Vilagarcia were a bit industrial, but it was well-marked – I had no problem following it backwards, but then I just stayed next to the river as much as I could, which is what the camino does on that section.

That leads us to another thread from 2018 where someone actually walked it, who says:

Like Rainerbernd, I think it would be too much for one day. By my sums, from Vilanova de Arousa to Padrón, it's 35km which could be OK for you. I walked from Cambados to Carril. Then the next day from Carril to Padrón.

Cambados is 4km west of Barrantes OFF the Camino and Carril is 3km north of Vilagarcía ON the Camino. Private accommodation in both.

From Vilanova to Vilagarcía de Arousa you can follow the signs for the Ruta de Padre Sarmiento. It's 10km on quiet roads next to the water and sometimes on small beaches. Carril is another 2km north of Vilagarcía and has a lovely beach.

The only bit of the walk that could be challenging was the 8km or so of road walking from Carril to Catoira. The road (PO-192 via Bamio) goes up and inland. But it's not very steep or twisting like the route out of Combarro. I walked on Sunday so traffic wasn't too busy. It was also at the start of my day (8am-10am) so for me it was fine but doing it in the heat of the day is another story.

At Catoira, you walk along a beautiful paseo fluvial (on boardwalk and shady trails) through the marshland there. Alas, only for 5km or so. There is a bar tucked away (Bar Alba) in Vilar just after this part. You can get a sello here and food/drinks.

Then it's another long hot walk (maybe 7km) on a flat asphalt road - no shade at midday - that runs parallel to the railway line all the way into Pontecesures. Then Padrón is another 3km.

There is at least one tour operator that gets pilgrims to walk from Vilanova de Arousa to Padron, and here is their web page of that stage. It's nearly 36 km and there's an elevation map showing lots of ups and downs.

Brierley has a few pages devoted to the Espiritual section, and has a map of the walking route from Arousa as well as the boat route. If you can’t get a copy, as a last resort send me a pm, and I can send you a screen shot.
The monastery has triple rooms if they are available.

I ended up staying in Pousada Armenteira, which was expensive, but also a nice treat. It’s close enough to the Convento that you can walk to vespers, which was lovely.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I also hope that you will find my website useful, with downloadable GPS tracks with all the amenities on the tracks themselves, and all the detailed info you need in my descriptions. Please see my Variante Espiritual pages as well. I also have lots of photos, if you like those. OR you can just download my tracks here! I also include the GPS tracks for the walk from Vilanova de Arousa as well. You will have to unzip the file and upload and/or convert kml to gpx, to your device. It's actually quite easy to do.

Just do it . I did it in Sept 2022. It was an experience I'll never forget. Take the turn to Armenteira then next day to Villanueva where you take the boat the next morning to Padron.you can walk then to Santiago or stay the night in Padron which is worth doing.
My accommodation(the only Albergue) in Armenteira and boat trip was booked in advance by the host where I stayed in Pontevedra . Albergue A Cortilla in Villanueva was good, and Albergue Corredoiras was excellent in Padron. Both from Booking.com
I'm returning in late April.
Buen Camino
I am also starting in Porto, plan on a hybrid trip, a bit of Litoral, then coastal, then cut across to central from Caminha, and then the espititu. I am starting May 15, and my plan is the same as Rainswift for the 4 days of espiritu. Bom Caminho!

I had considered staying here and they quoted a rate of 66e including breakfast. It looks like a nice place but I wanted to attend the vespers at the monastery so made other arrangements

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I actually really liked the Hotel Xeito, since my husband and I are two (or if you prefer a room). The hotel is close to the waterfront, the rooms are economical and the proprietor is a very pilgrim-friendly and helpful host. He is so proud of his city! He will give you a sheet of information and a tourist map of the attractions in Combarro. Spend some time in Combarro if you can! I love this city that is a step back in time.

I think I read boats don’t operate this time of year so you’ll have to walk. I found some good info on stingynomads

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Of the three boat service, the A Mare starts limited booking in March. La Barca del Peregrino also starts in March. The third, Alvamar Náutica, has no information for when they start, so you would have to check back on their website. By April, the first two have schedules daily, almost always in the morning, either 7:30 or 8:00. The A Mare boats also will run some days at 10:00.

And yes, a walk is definitely necessary in the winter months.

While walking our CP Variente Espiritual last spring, my husband and I chose to stay in the Monasterio de Armenteria for two nights. A reserved two night stay might still be an option. We wrote to Sister Paula (hna Paula) and she replied with instructions on how to pay our deposit using Remitly. It was a highlight of our CP with super clean room with twin beds, private bathroom, generous food, opportunities to attend vespers, mass, quiet, etc.

We stayed in Combarro the night before due to the lovely but considerable uphill climb to Armenteria. Posts on this forum by jungleboy convinced us to walk down the breathtaking Ruta de la Piedra y del Aqua (Route of stone and water) the next day after breakfast. We took our time, stopped often to enjoy the beauty, and to take photos. When we reached the end of the downhill of that segment after several unhurried hours, we took a taxi cab back to the Monasterio.
The next day after breakfast and attending morning mass we walked down past the abandoned mills and waterfalls again to continue our progress toward SdeC.
We not only had the chance to walk this wondrous section ONCE, we walked it twice!
We are in our 70’s and may never have the chance again.

If you only get the opportunity to visit the monastery, at least support the sisters by purchasing a bar of their handmade soap in the small gift shop. It is luscious soap and will certainly improve the smell of your backpack as you continue your pilgrimage.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I also hope that you will find my website useful, with downloadable GPS tracks with all the amenities on the tracks themselves, and all the detailed info you need in my descriptions. Please see my Variante Espiritual pages as well. I also have lots of photos, if you like those. OR you can just download my tracks here! I also include the GPS tracks for the walk from Vilanova de Arousa as well. You will have to unzip the file and upload and/or convert kml to gpx, to your device. It's actually quite easy to do.
Oh, it’s you! In the flesh (so to speak)! I found your packing list invaluable when I was beginning to put together my gear. It’s among the most practical packing lists I’ve seen and your comments are very thoughtful.

When leaving Armenteira, at the start of the Ruta de la Piedra y del Aqua, you will have the option of walking down the river on either the right side or the left side of the river/stream. There are also waymarks pointing to either side. Ultimately both tracks arrive at the same point (so you cannot get lost), but I recommend taking the right track which is much more scenic, not to say spectacular. It seems many walkers end up on the left track somehow.

When leaving Armenteira, at the start of the Ruta de la Piedra y del Aqua, you will have the option of walking down the river on either the right side or the left side of the river/stream. There are also waymarks pointing to either side. Ultimately both tracks arrive at the same point (so you cannot get lost), but I recommend taking the right track which is much more scenic, not to say spectacular. It seems many walkers end up on the left track somehow.
To clarify, do you mean "the right side of the river if you are going toward Ribadumia (ie, progressing towards Santiago de Compostela"? I really want to walk on the scenic side!

(I realize that's probably obvious to some people, but I can't help thinking "if you face the other direction, the right is on the opposite side of the river.")

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
To clarify, do you mean "the right side of the river if you are going toward Ribadumia (ie, progressing towards Santiago de Compostela"? I really want to walk on the scenic side!

(I realize that's probably obvious to some people, but I can't help thinking "if you face the other direction, the right is on the opposite side of the river.")

Would it help if we said the east side of the river?? You can see it on my map, for this section here: https://www.pilgrimagetraveler.com/variante-espiritual-from-combarro-to-barrantes.html

.If you only get the opportunity to visit the monastery, at least support the sisters by purchasing a bar of their handmade from the small gift shop. It is luscious soap and will certainly improve the smell of your backpack as continue your pilgrimage.
I brought some of that soap home! I put it in my family’s stockings at Christmas. Just yesterday my mother told me that she had asked my dad if he had any treats left from Christmas. He said he had some kind of fudge. She unwrapped it and it was the sisters soap! Oh dad 🙄

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I actually really liked the Hotel Xeito, since my husband and I are two (or if you prefer a room). The hotel is close to the waterfront, the rooms are economical and the proprietor is a very pilgrim-friendly and helpful host. He is so proud of his city! He will give you a sheet of information and a tourist map of the attractions in Combarro. Spend some time in Combarro if you can! I love this city that is a step back in time.
Thanks for the referral, just booked my room for May

Nice to see a place has finally opened up in Ribadumia - when I walked it in 2016, I was assured by the tourist office in Pontevedra, google, and someone at the monastery in Armenteira that if I kept walking past Armenteira to Ribadumia, that there were accommodations there - at that time, there weren't!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
100 % agree. It was the best accommodation I stayed in Camino de Portuguese. While it's away from the monastery, you can escape from the busy camino to the lovely countryside. It has lovely gardens. Everything was arranged with TLC.
The route down from the monastery on the next day was beautiful. Bubbling brook, mini waterfalls and sites of watermills ...the best walk after the best accomodation.

Yes, on the right side of the river walking down the hill, in the direction of Santiago.

Yes, on the right side of the river walking down the hill, in the direction of Santiago! Enjoy!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In 2022 I also stayed at this hostel and cannot recommend it enough. It was one of the best places I stayed. The next morning I walked to Ribadumia and stayed the night there leaving a comfortable 17k walk the next day.

Nice to see a place has finally opened up in Ribadumia - when I walked it in 2016, I was assured by the tourist office in Pontevedra, google, and someone at the monastery in Armenteira that if I kept walking past Armenteira to Ribadumia, that there were accommodations there - at that time, there weren't!
I'm having trouble finding Ribadumia on a map. How far a walk is it beyond Armenteira on the way to Vilanova Arousa (or am I confused as to where this town is?)?

I'm having trouble finding Ribadumia on a map. How far a walk is it beyond Armenteira on the way to Vilanova Arousa (or am I confused as to where this town is?)?
My understanding is:

Ribadumia is more of an broader municipality than a specific town.

From Armenteira Monastery, you walk northwest along the Ruta de la Piedra y del Agua for about 9-10 km. At that point you will be in Ribadumia, at approximately Os Castanos (https://maps.app.goo.gl/hZbpoGLx79qdeoQs7).

From Os Castanos, you proceed northeast through Ribadumia, basically towards Ponte Arnelas (https://maps.app.goo.gl/mWD9EFg4vTMxQEjo7), which is at the northwest border of the region. This stretch about 5-6km long.

From Ponte Arnelas, you turn and go northwest again, leaving Ribadumia, to end the stage at Vilanova de Arousa (https://maps.app.goo.gl/L8KhZ57ym4hbNDpRA). This stretch about 8km.

Total about 24km, though I've seen some maps estimate it at 26km.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back