• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stages and accomodations

CaminoGen

CF May-June 2011; Oloron to Fisterra Sept-Oct 2013
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances-SJPP. Santiago (2011); Oloron to Fisterra (Sept 5-Oct 23 2013)
Hello,

I'm slowly planning my 2013 Camino. I'm planning to walk from Morlaas to Puente la Reina, then onto Santiago. I would love to hear from those who have walked the Arles route where you stayed. Finding comprehensive lists of accomodations for the Arles route on the web looks almost impossible.

Thank you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The most up-to-date guide book is the Miam Miam Dodo "Le Chemin de St Jacques de Compostelle, La Voie d'Arles/Camino Aragones."
Even though it is in French, the strip maps and lists of places stay with contact details are easy to follow.
You chould also be able to find accommodation here. Check out the 'Useful Links' pages for further websites and diaries.
http://chemindarles.free.fr/

my leasurely stages:

Morlaas - Lescar, 21km, refuge st Jacques (go to TO first for the key, kitchen, washing & drying machine, €10)

Lescar - Lacommande, 13.8km, gite Lacommande (tiny 4 bed gite inside commandery, no shop, kitchen, baby tomatoes & menthe provided, very friendly, €6)

Lacommande - Oloron, 20km, gite municipal Le Bastet (period house just after the first church you come to, at the start of Oloron, keycode to enter so you have to call ahead or wait for caretaker to come in the afternoon to stamp the credencials, kitchen, €12.50)

Oloron - Sarrance, 21.8km, monastery ND de Sarrance (6 bed dorm inside monastery, kitchen, you have to call one day ahead, €8)

Sarrance - Borce, 25km, gite Ancien hopital st Jacques (exclusively pilgrim 6 bed gite on site of ancient pilgrim hospital next to chapelle st Jacques, kitchen, €11)

Borce - Somport, 20.9km, French gite du col du Somport (on French side above a big white building in the last road bend - don't cross the parking lot just below the mountain pass but turn R up the road, shop in Spanish albergue has no bread, kitchen, keycode to enter and you have to call ahead as there is no caretaker, €12.50)

Somport - Villanua, 21km, albergue Triton (period house in the old centre of the village reached by veering L off the main route before the stone bridge at the start of Villanua, you can continue on the alternative GR 653.1 along the eastern side of the valley, shop opens 18h-20h, pretty stuffed dorms, BB €15 for pilgrims)

Villanua - Jaca, 14km, albergue municipal (former 16C pilgrim hospital, kitchen, €8)

Jaca - Santa Cilia de Jaca, 15.6km direkt, tough 8h30 via San Juan de la Pena, albergue municipal (period house next to presbitery, tiny shop in a bar has bread, kitchen, washing machine, hospitalera is a character, BB €13)

Santa Cilia - Artieda, 27.5km, albergue (actually slept in the small gym next to the big one, on mattresses, because albergue was full, no shop, free)

Artieda - Undues de Lerda, 20.5km, albergue juvenil (attic of 16C casa senorial with superb beamed ceiling, €9)

Undues de Lerda - Sos del Rey Catolico (off route), 10.8km, albergue juvenil (in medieval tower, €19)

Sos - Sanguesa, 19.5km, albergue Hijas de Caridad (at the start of the old centre, kitchen, €8)

Sanguesa - Izco via Lumbier, about 25km, albergue san Martin (kitchen, cupboard with some canned food, €8)

Izco - Tiebas, 25km, albergue municipal (former school, extra mattresses in gym, microwave, no shop, donativo)

Tirbas - Obanos, 14.9km, albergue ANFAS (period house, can be chilly, microwave, €7)

my 2009 accommodation lists for via tolosana and camino aragones are here: http://camino-medieval.webs.com/accommodationlists.htm and you can also find a bit on my description of the route here: http://camino-medieval.webs.com/camino2009.htm (scroll down)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you very much for the abundance of information. Merci.

Hi Caminagen,
The information you have already from this forum is impressive. I walked the Chemin de Arles from Oloron in September this year, continuing on to Puenta la Reina and Santiago. The accomodation in France is very different to the albergues in Spain, and is normally private gites. I used the Confraternity of Saint James guide (csj,org,uk/route-arles) which lists the accomodation available. The csj also has an overview of the route on their website (csj.org.uk). You can work out your stages from this guide. I did not pre-book any accomodation, and had no problems getting a bed. I initially used the guide for directions, but found it very confusing and in two cases, out of date, so used warmarks exclusively, which are red and white stripes, plus sometimes the number of the route GR65, and once over the border in Spain the camino shell emblem. Also in the Jaca pilgrim albergue I picked up a one page leaflet about the Arragones route which was very useful. Do not under estimate the last part up to the Col de Somport, as I found it quite steep. I especially enjoyed the Arragones, as it was very quiet compared to the Frances. Buen Camino

I walked from Arles to Santiago lat year from the beginning of April to the end of May. As has already been mentioned Miam Miam Dodo was the book I used. That has an excellent list of accommodation for each town or village. The only other advice I can give is to try and book the next night's accommodation the previous evening if possible. When doing so, say that you are a pilgrim and more doors may open for you. Hope you enjoy it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just finished walking Toulouse to Jaca on my pilgrimage from Rome to Santiago which I'm in doing gradually 3 weeks at a time. I spent a lot of time reading the posts about this section and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back