• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in SJPP 29th April

txpeah

Ultreia!
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2015, CF 2018, Primitivo 2019, CF 2022
Hello, I'm Leah from Texas. I depart DFW for GVA on the 25th of April. I will spend a few days in Geneva then make my way on the trains via Paris to Bayonne. I am planning to start from SJPP on the 29th.

My goal is to take it slow the first few days. My return flight via Barcelona is not until June 10th so I have time to ease into things a bit.

I have posted on the Class of 2015 thread, but I wanted to get my bit added to the new calendar. Plans are really coming together and I think I have my equipment sorted. Now onto the weekly/daily training. I am just trying to be as fit as possible before leaving and the rest will take care of it self... Or not, as the way goes.

I hope to bump into several forum members As I go, but if you are planning to start around the same time please say hello!
Buen Camino,
NomadPeah

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Leah!

Like I wrote in another thread I also arrive the 28th of april and what a coincidence, I've also booked at Beilari. Looking forward to meeting you and other pilgrims there. Last monday I also mailed to Orrisson, but didn't receive a confirmation yet. Did you?

Stil got some preparation to do and a lot of training! :). Next week a holiday in Switserland, trying some mountains, at home in Holland everything is flat :D!

Marleen

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Marleen!

I have not heard back from Orrison yet either, but from what I read, it is normal to have delayed responses until they open in March.

I am taking the train from Paris which arrives in Bayonne around 15:30. I plan to take the paid transport, but right now I am the only one asking... Fingers crossed more people ask to be part of the ride share o_O. Either way I will be arriving at SJPP a bit later in the day.

We will have to catch up at Beilari! In the mean time, yes training for me as well. But no mountains nearby unfortunately in North Texas.

You are so nice and encouraging wayfarer - thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Marleen!

I have not heard back from Orrison yet either, but from what I read, it is normal to have delayed responses until they open in March.

I am taking the train from Paris which arrives in Bayonne around 15:30. I plan to take the paid transport, but right now I am the only one asking... Fingers crossed more people ask to be part of the ride share o_O. Either way I will be arriving at SJPP a bit later in the day.

We will have to catch up at Beilari! In the mean time, yes training for me as well. But no mountains nearby unfortunately in North Texas.
Marleen,

I heard back from Orrison this morning saying they have room and requesting a deposit. I hope the same is true for you or will be soon.

Leah

Beilari. What a wonderful place to start your Camino. Thoroughly enjoyed it twice, once in it;'s previous incarnation as Esprit Du Chemin. Buen Camino Peah and Marleen

So, I created social forum today thinking it would be useful to this "gaggle". It's called April/May 2015 CF Crew and can be found here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/social-forums/april-may-2015-cf-crew.13/

I think you have to ask to join, but after that just post like normal. I started a thread just to get the ball rolling. Anyone can join, and if you like it or think of others, please pass it along! I was thinking I could invite everyone, but I am not seeing that as an option. I have no idea what I am doing , here but thought I would give it a go.

Good idea? Bad idea? What do you think?

NP

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So, I created social forum today thinking it would be useful to this "gaggle". It's called April/May 2015 CF Crew and can be found here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/social-forums/april-may-2015-cf-crew.13/

I think you have to ask to join, but after that just post like normal. I started a thread just to get the ball rolling. Anyone can join, and if you like it or think of others, please pass it along! I was thinking I could invite everyone, but I am not seeing that as an option. I have no idea what I am doing , here but thought I would give it a go.

NP
GREAT idea!!!

Hello, I'm Leah from Texas. I depart DFW for GVA on the 25th of April. I will spend a few days in Geneva then make my way on the trains via Paris to Bayonne. I am planning to start from SJPP on the 29th.

My goal is to take it slow the first few days. My return flight via Barcelona is not until June 10th so I have time to ease into things a bit.

I have posted on the Class of 2015 thread, but I wanted to get my bit added to the new calendar. Plans are really coming together and I think I have my equipment sorted. Now onto the weekly/daily training. I am just trying to be as fit as possible before leaving and the rest will take care of it self... Or not, as the way goes.

I hope to bump into several forum members As I go, but if you are planning to start around the same time please say hello!
Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Leah: I'm Lin from Virginia, first Camino, flying into CDG spending night of 28th in SJPP [Hotel Ramuntcho], starting out slowly on 29th & spending first nite in Orisson.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah[/QUO
Hello! I will probably be leaving the same day, though nothing is form just yet. I depart ATX April 10 and am hanging out with friends near SJPP until I am ready to start walking. Let me know if I can help out at all - you're going to have the time of your life!

I paid for two of us for a night at the Orisson and then they told me in SJPP that the weather was very bad and that I should walk through the valley. I had no idea how to contact them and cancel my plans or get my money back. So they probably held the beds and they definitely charged the money.
I am going to try, again, to walk over the pass - but if I can't I can't. No big deal. The valley was so beautiful I was blown away - and the stories I heard from people who attempted going over in the snow freaked me out.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Hi NomadPeah, I am starting my first Camino on April 27th. And spending my second night in Orisson. Yes I too am getting some training walks and mountains hikes in too before I leave. Very excited. All the planning. I too am flying home on June 10th. Lots of time to enjoy the journey. I too would like to see Finisterre. Hope to see you on the Way. Buen Camino from this Canadian.

NP
Hi, I arrive Beilari on April 27, then start out on morning 28th, I'm travelling from Ireland, I will keep an eye out for you !

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Starting on the 20 of April I think but one can never tell .Going to paint the sea coast a bit around Biarrite first . Looking forward to meeting artist type on the Way .May your walk under the milky way be smooth and enjoyable .Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Hi Leah, I will be starting my first Comino on 29th, and like you, I will be looking to take it easy for the first few days. I'm sure our paths will cross and I look forward to saying 'Hello'. Buen Comino

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah

Hello Leah,
I will start also on 29th.
The night before I'll sleep at Beillari's in SJPP.
I'm from Zutphen, a small Dutch town and I am walking alone, hopefully the full part to Santiago.
Buen Camino, Greetje.

I Greetje - I am at the Beillari as well!

I am looking forward to saying hello.

Leah

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Leah, I will be starting my first Comino on 29th, and like you, I will be looking to take it easy for the first few days. I'm sure our paths will cross and I look forward to saying 'Hello'. Buen Comino
Thanks for saying hello - I can't believe how close we are now!! I hope we cross paths.
Buen Camino,
Leah

Thanks for saying hello - I can't believe how close we are now!! I hope we cross paths.
Buen Camino,
Leah
Hi Leah, your welcome, thank you for getting back to me. It's just around the corner now, so exciting :) I'm sure our paths will cross at some stage early on. I'm really pleased Greetja has touched ground with you, it went completely out of my head to mention to her that you too were leaving SJPPP on 29th, sorry.

Hi Leah, your welcome, thank you for getting back to me. It's just around the corner now, so exciting :) I'm sure our paths will cross at some stage early on. I'm really pleased Greetja has touched ground with you, it went completely out of my head to mention to her that you too were leaving SJPPP on 29th, sorry.
I noticed both you and Greetja have booked Beillari's in SJPP. I haven''t booked in anywhere, I was under the impression that the passport office will allocate you a place? is this not the case? Thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I noticed both you and Greetja have booked Beillari's in SJPP. I haven''t booked in anywhere, I was under the impression that the passport office will allocate you a place? is this not the case? Thanks.

Yes Rob it is the case ! In Saint-Jean the Pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with weather conditions, a Credential/Pilgrim Passport and on site lodging assistance. Their volunteers help run the municipal albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle which does NOT take reservations. If their albergue is full they will help you find other pilgrim lodgings when you are on site. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area.

Yes Rob it is the case ! In Saint-Jean the Pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with weather conditions, a Credential/Pilgrim Passport and on site lodging assistance. Their volunteers help run the municipal albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle which does NOT take reservations. If their albergue is full they will help you find other pilgrim lodgings when you are on site. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area.
Thank you mspath so much for your reply and putting my mind at rest, I started to panic a little there for a moment. I was sure I read somewhere that the pilgrim's office sorted accommodation for you, so it's good to hear that they do not take reservations and will find you an available place. These volunteers must work so hard, bless them. Thank you also for the addresses, very helpful.

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Hoping to start my second Camino April 28/16

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Leah: I'm Lin from Virginia, first Camino, flying into CDG spending night of 28th in SJPP [Hotel Ramuntcho], starting out slowly on 29th & spending first nite in Orisson.
Hi Leah, Nomapead and Marleen (if I got all your names correct). I'm Patricia from Houston and I arrive on 4/28, looking for walking partners the next day through the Napolean route. Are you all going that way?

Hi Leah, Nomapead and Marleen (if I got all your names correct). I'm Patricia from Houston and I arrive on 4/28, looking for walking partners the next day through the Napolean route. Are you all going that way?

Hi Patricia!

Yes, we did all go that way! But is was 2015, still remember it as the day of yesterday! You will have a great time and meet a lot of others to walk the Napoleon route with! If possible, sleep at Orisson, a perfect place start camino-friendships!

Buen Camino!

Marleen

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Hi Leah,
Likewise, I'm planning on leaving SJPP on 29th April (having arrived by train from Scotland and having already walked from Lourdes to SJPP. Already packed and really now just fine tunning to get the lightest and most practical pack list possible. Already feeling the buzz. Maybe bump into you sometime on route.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi @Alex Smith,

Thanks for your message. This is an old thread from 2015 - but it is exciting to think you are starting your Camino soon. In many ways, I wish I would be around to "bump into you" on the trial.

Wishing you all the best.
Burn Camino,
NP

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Hi Leah,
I'm planning on starting on 29 or 30 April from SJPP flying into Madrid on 28th. Will keep an eye out for you and say hi if we cross paths.

Buen Camino
Skipp Maiden

Hi Leah,
I'm planning on starting on 29 or 30 April from SJPP flying into Madrid on 28th. Will keep an eye out for you and say hi if we cross paths.

Buen Camino
Skipp Maiden

Hi Kenneth,

We started April 29 of 2015 - sadly you won't be seeing me, but I wish you all the best.

I will say theMay 1st holiday made for very full albergues and trails for the whole weekend from Roncevalles to Pamplona. Even with heavy rains.

Also stopping at Orrison was a wonderful decision.

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi
Hi Leah,

Buen Camino
Skipp Maiden

I ll be starting from Ponferrada on May 25th ...
According to my estimates .... that equates with meeting with whoever starts from sJPP on April 30/ May 1st without pausing ... not sure if that is part of your plan ...

In any case... Buen Camino!

Buen Camino,
NomadPeah
Hi, I'm starting from SJPDP on the 3rd MAY, so depending on my/your pace may bump into you.
Frank

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.