• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

" Surrogate " happy or Happy for someone else

SabsP

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Tonight I had dinner with a lovely workmate and talked about the Portugues. She walked the Camino Frances in 2001 so already 15 years ago.
She never went back till now. In fact she met her , now, husband on that Camino so she has very fond memories of that walk.
Now she wants to go back for another seven till ten days alone due to no matching holiday time with the OH.
And she wants to walk the Portugues. So we had a nice evening talking about all things Camino.
She will be in for quite a shock...the Caminoways certainly went through a big change over those 15 years but like we all know the pilgrim spirit is everywhere if we really want to look closely.

I had a good time giving her tips and ideas about buses, flights and possible places to stay.

Even if I cannot go this year ( except for the spring epilogue to Fisterra this year ) talking with her and experiencing the universal Camino vibe made me instantly happy.

So yes I'm happy for someone else....A good feeling indeed.

Just wanted to share.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum