• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Not everyone happy about pilgrim/tourist pressure.

Time of past OR future Camino
Vía de la Plata ‘23
Le Puy ‘25
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes, I read that this morning, too. It is true that in the old town the dining hours are quite a bit more flexible than in other places in town. I also notice the "formality" of having a dining room in Spain versus having a bunch of flexible tables. In the US they might tell you to "go to the bar" if you just want a drink (And mostly people would not be drinking alcohol before later afternoon), but more often than not, you can get a table, especially if you are ordering some appetizers to share. The formality of having a table cloth, place mats, silver and glassware set out, etc. versus just bringing what you need when you need it is quite different. Except at high end restaurants in the US, dining in Spain is a different experience.

Who goes for a beer in a Restaurant? One bloke complains that he can't get a beer in a restaurant at 12:30 in the afternoon. Several Restaurateurs point out that they usually do make provision for people who only want a beer when they can. The Bar operators in Old Town scratch their heads, then pull the next caña...

Meanwhile the La Voz has a few more column centimetres to keep its advertisers happy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Adapting to tourism, or a more simplistic way of looking at it is adapting to maximise earning potential which is normal business strategy in todays modern world where we value money over most other things unfortunately and to our detriment. It's a tricky one, but you would hope local businesses would retain some sense of community spirit.

Not sure we live in the same good ole US of A :rolleyes::)
On my way home from a Camino I met a young American woman in London from a "dry" county in one of the southern states of the USA. No alcohol sold at all in the local shops, cafes and restaurants apparently. Can't see that idea catching on in Santiago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Bradypus - You identified it perfectly "...county in one of the southern states of the USA" - not the same USA, NEVAH WUZ! 😂🤣
and that said.... I'm sure that "speak-easies" (or the like) are a-plenty (or as I also understand, the stills are readily available for "personal pleasure\consumption") :rolleyes:

The past couple of times I have been in Santiago this year, there were more tourists eating in the old town than pilgrims. It is both a pilgrim and a tourist destination.
Once pilgrims arrive in Santiago it can be hard to differentiate who has walked there and who hasn't.

Some of the dining "rules" in Spain kind of drive me crazy. Last year a fellow pilgrim and I went for the menú del día at a restaurant in Liendo on the Norte. It was a warm day, and there were tables out front that looked inviting, but we had to sit in the hot, stuffy dining room since we had ordered the menú. I would have paid a bit extra to sit outside, but it wasn't allowed.

There are a lot more shops and restaurants in Santiago than just the old town although I am not sure many tourists or pilgrims see or visit them. I took my students outside the old town to eat both nights we were in Santiago and they were surprised that there were all kinds of stores beyond the gift shops they'd been seeing within the radius of our hotel near the cathedral.

they were surprised that there were all kinds of stores beyond the gift shops they'd been seeing within the radius of our hotel near the cathedral.
Didn't they notice quite a lot of fairly modern city on the walk into town from the Monte de Gozo? The historic centre of the town is pretty small compared with the big urban sprawl that surrounds it.

Didn't they notice quite a lot of fairly modern city on the walk into town from the Monte de Gozo? The historic centre of the town is pretty small compared with the big urban sprawl that surrounds it.
I think they had forgotten all that once we reached the Cathedral although a couple of them stopped for coffee and others at a candy shop on the way into town. They were mostly excited to see clothing stores and we didn't pass by many of those on the way into town. It was mostly a bunch of young women who thought their two or three walking outfits needed an update. They were all thankful when we arrived in Madrid in the middle of the Gran Via with shopping, shopping, shopping.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
to be fair.... I honestly do NOT remember anything.... I Remember crossing that pedestrian bridge and stopping over by SdC "sign" (monument?) for obligatory photo....anything afterwards is a blur of streets.... the speed increased (although probably unintentionally), same with breathing and the next thing I know is hooking a right at the fountain, then going under the arch with pipes loudly piping me in...and emerging on the other side into a welcoming embrace of my wife...❤️

so... there IS "another part of the town"? ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see "pilgrims" mentioned anywhere in the article.
You might be skating on the perilously thin ice of Rule 3
I was questioning why the OP added the word "pilgrim" to the thread title, when the topic of the article was about the huge tourism numbers affecting the operations of local restaurants. The identification of "pilgrims" is largely irrelevant.

(And mostly people would not be drinking alcohol before later afternoon),
I often meet my sister or a good friend for a girl's lunch out ("Ladies who lunch") at a variety of our favorite restaurants of choice and we nearly always enjoy 1-2 glasses of wine. That said, I am definitely not a lush on a daily basis.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I often meet my sister or a good friend for a girl's lunch out ("Ladies who lunch") at a variety of our favorite restaurants of choice and we nearly always enjoy 1-2 glasses of wine. That said, I am definitely not a lush on a daily basis.
Deep sigh... some of us have to work all day and suffice with only a can of sparkling water or a cup of coffee at noon...
(I retire on May 17 so I guess I'll have wine whenever I want it then!)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
De afgelopen paar keer dat ik dit jaar in Santiago was, waren er meer toeristen die in de oude stad aten dan pelgrims. Het is zowel een pelgrims- als een toeristische bestemming.

Google translate: The last few times I was in Santiago this year, there were more tourists eating in the old city than pilgrims. It is both a pilgrimage and tourist destination

[Moderator Note: We realize that sometimes when people have different languages on their keyboards, an autotranslate function translates the post, even when the person writes it in English!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tijdens het weekend is het niet te doen in het centrum van Santiago, (dagjes toeristen)Niks voor mij .

Google translate: During the weekend there is nothing to do in the center of Santiago, (tourists for day trips) Not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The past couple of times I have been in Santiago this year, there were more tourists eating in the old town than pilgrims. It is both a pilgrim and a tourist destination.
How do you differentiate? On my last Camino I was quite puzzeled to see many faces I had seen on the last 100 k suddenly dressed up from a giant suitcase like luxury tourist hanging out in the old town and dining. It felt strange as I was still dressed "like a pilgrim" ;-)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
How do you differentiate?
I don't. In my opinion the introduction of the 100km minimum rule was a huge mistake. Mucks up peoples' understanding of "pilgrimage". It is really only in Santiago and on a few recently revived routes directly modelled on the Caminos that people insist that "pilgrimage" = "walking".

I don't. In my opinion the introduction of the 100km minimum rule was a huge mistake. Mucks up peoples' understanding of "pilgrimage". It is really only in Santiago and on a few recently revived routes directly modelled on the Caminos that people insist that "pilgrimage" = "walking".
I agree on that. There are many pilgrims, but fewer long distance hikers among them. But so what ... I am there to walk ... a lot. Others are there for other reasons.

I think they had forgotten all that once we reached the Cathedral although a couple of them stopped for coffee and others at a candy shop on the way into town. They were mostly excited to see clothing stores and we didn't pass by many of those on the way into town. It was mostly a bunch of young women who thought their two or three walking outfits needed an update. They were all thankful when we arrived in Madrid in the middle of the Gran Via with shopping, shopping, shopping.
My kid definitely took advantage of the non-historic area shopping in SdC, dropping quite a bit of cash. (Those prescription sunglasses cost more than their RT airfare from the states!)

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpeg
    IMG_1875.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 381
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
How do you differentiate? On my last Camino I was quite puzzeled to see many faces I had seen on the last 100 k suddenly dressed up from a giant suitcase like luxury tourist hanging out in the old town and dining. It felt strange as I was still dressed "like a pilgrim" ;-)
Well in this winter there were only a handful of us on the Camino and the shops and restaurants were full on the holiday weekend. Not all pilgrims.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Our women's singing group always finish with cake and wine and that's about 5 in the afternoon 🍰🥂🎶

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I remain dressed as a pilgrim. Really do not want any more luggage.
To me there would be no other way either. Actually transforming suddenly into a "normal tourist" would spoil the ending for me.

To be honest, at home I am often not dressed up like most people either ;-) I like it practical ...

Our women's singing group always finish with cake and wine and that's about 5 in the afternoon 🍰🥂🎶
its 5 o'clock somewhere :)

I remain dressed as a pilgrim. Really do not want any more luggage.
Well, as I mentioned - the wife came to meet me and she DID bring a suitcase (if anything we were finishing the whole 'adventure' with 3-day stay in Madrid after our mutual Camino Finisterre)... so there were some clothes for me to change to.
However, in Santiago I sort of stayed 'in-between' - changed my pants to non-hiking pair, the hat to a straw (bought in Barcelona) and a brand new "Santiago Road" T-shirt while retaining the jacket, the sandals and the shell ☺️

This is "my date" with the Shadow Pilgrim

P.S. Side story - "The Santiago Road" shirt - OF COURSE I had to have that! interestingly enough when my kids were in their teens they gave me a Looney Tunes shirt with the Abbey Road parody. I wore it quite often and the last adventure it went on was the Camino Inca to Machu Picchu.
Nicely framed along with other memorabilia from the trek (the photo of me bottom right is when we just got onto the trail ( km 82) and I just happened to wear it that day) 😀
...and of course I love The Beatles
so there you have it!20240209_124341.jpg

Attachments

• 20220627_223905.jpg
    20220627_223905.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
My kid definitely took advantage of the non-historic area shopping in SdC, dropping quite a bit of cash. (Those prescription sunglasses cost more than their RT airfare from the states!)
I love that shopping area in SdC!

On my first Camino I was simply a pilgrim.
Now I consider myself a facilitator, and a tourist, as well as a pilgrim.

I walk once (sometimes twice) a year for my own health.
The walking helps my body chelate the chemicals that build up in my muscle, tissue, and bones over the year.

To facilitate that yearly Camino, I assist a group of 7 pilgrims who need help to plan and complete their own pilgrimage. As a facilitator, I help them get started, then when they are ready, I let go of their hands to walk their own Camino.

As a pilgrim, I meditate and pray for others (on a list I keep) as I make my way to Santiago.
I try to spend at least 2-3 weeks alone, usually walking before I pick up my groups in Pamplona.

As a tourist, I take in the cultural and historical sites of Spain, walking as many of the various routes as I can. On my group trips, I support the local economy by paying for lodgings instead of sleeping in albergues, and I enjoy a nice yearly shopping spree in SdC or Madrid at the end of each pilgrimage. I find the quality of clothes and shoes in Spain to be much higher than what we can now purchase in the USA so I buy most of my clothes there.

I do my best not to judge who "is" and "is not" a pilgrim anymore, though on my first Camino I was quite judgmental. These days, I'm occasionally judged myself, usually by young pilgrims who tell me since I'm using pack transfer I'm not "a real pilgrim." I used to try to explain, but now I usually just chuckle and keep on walking. They don't know me. They don't know my history, my traumas, and I try to remind myself constantly that neither do I know theirs!

And now I'm rambling... I think I'm getting old... old people ramble... so I'll quit.
Where was I going with this? :rolleyes:🤪

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I wear much the same clothes and footwear at home as on the Caminos. Adjusted for temperature of course!
For me, one of the lessons of the Camino was learning to live MUCH more minimally.
I've gotten rid of many of my clothes and shoes that aren't something I'd wear on the Camino.
However, the one closet I've not had success in cleaning out is the coat closet.
Seems like in Oregon you need a different coat for every day of the year; one for rain, one for snow, one for wind, one for partial sun, I just haven't been able to bring myself to clean out THAT closet.

I love that shopping area in SdC!

.... I enjoy a nice yearly shopping spree in SdC or Madrid at the end of each pilgrimage. I find the quality of clothes and shoes in Spain to be much higher than what we can now purchase in the USA so I buy most of my clothes there.

This is really the truth of the matter, plus they are less expensive and the styling is also so much better. And the glasses! I swear that that the optomistrist shops in Spain are the second* best in the world.

*Seoul, South Korea is, I think, the best for finding handmade frames.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
I had thought the same thing!

This is "my date" with the Shadow Pilgrim
I had a Shadow pilgrim on one of my Caminos when hubby met us in Santiago at the end. I'd packed his backpack before I left home to "get it right".😅 He walked between Muxia and Finesterre, then we rented a vehicle and toured in Portugal.

It's sad to see the people of Santiago fail in their duty of gratitude to pilgrims. Without us, they'd be rooting in garbage bins. The pilgrim can do no wrong
I would not assume that the article represented the opinions of more than a very few people in Santiago. They may well be those who are outraged at the rain falling in Galicia. Their complaints remind me greatly of Inspector Renault in Casablanca who, greatly distressed, expressed his shock that there was gambling on the premises.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I wear much the same clothes and footwear at home as on the Caminos. Adjusted for temperature of course!
What is wrong with the usual merino layers? However, I admit that I do have one insulated jacket that I wouldn't take on the Camino, and I use a different backpack at home.

I had a Shadow pilgrim on one of my Caminos when hubby met us in Santiago at the end. I'd packed his backpack before I left home to "get it right".😅 He walked between Muxia and Finesterre, then we rented a vehicle and toured in Portugal.
Uh... not sure we are talking about the same thing... (although usually you and I ARE "in sync")
I'm talking about "The Ghost" Shadow Pilgrim - he is standing next to me "in the corner"....

Good conversation. Lots of useful info for people planning a first camino. Including implicit guidance in the article for visitors to play nice. SCQ is getting even more popular if that is possible. Thinking of Yogi Berra’s aphorism on the phenomenon.

Uh... not sure we are talking about the same thing... (although usually you and I ARE "in sync")
I'm talking about "The Ghost" Shadow Pilgrim - he is standing next to me "in the corner"....
Ooops! 😂 I have never seen "THE" shadow pilgrim, but seen a few pics posted by others.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Where IS that Shadow Pilgrim, anyway?
I've never seen it.
In the Praza da Quintana. A shadow produced by a small column. There is a webcam which points that way. Have a look at this link after dark on a clear night and you can spot the shadow pilgrim in the corner behind the pillar.

Screenshot_20240209_164917~2.jpg

Last edited:
@Camino Chrissy @Anniesantiago

WOW LADIES! I get to tell you "something first" for you?

he lives on Quintana Square just outside the Cathedral and is reborn when it´s getting dark. He can be seen at the base of the clock tower, next to the Holy Door.

The origins of the legend are varied as some believe that it contains and reflects the soul of a pilgrim who stayed forever in the Cathedral. Others say that they recall seeing a figure of a French pilgrim of the fifteenth century, , the son of a nobleman of Paris, who suffered a sad fate.

The most widely believed version relates to the tragic path of a priest of the Cathedral, in love with a cloistered nun of the convent of San Paio, located opposite the Cathedral on the other side of A Quintana square. Legend says that the priest met her through a passageway that existed under the steps of the A Quintana plaza. This passageway connected the cathedral and the monastery and this was the place where the lovers met. Tradition of the story says that after awhile the priest, tired of the situation, suggested his beloved running away together and living their love in a free way. He waited for her in the square with medieval pilgrim clothing that would provide secrecy. He waited patiently but she did not come. Still, night after night, the lover – or shadow – has appeared in the square and waited in hopes that she might come to meet him – and so now he still waits.

here is the link to my FindPenguins page Last evening in Santiago that has couple of photos as he "materializes".
I did swing by the corner much later on; probably close to midnight - the figure was spectacular to say the least

Hope you ladies catch him next time around

BTW - the group photo that starts it - my wife Laurie is on the left in green jacket. Leif (next to her) - we met in Urdanitz and Nadine (next to him) - we met in Roncesvalles. All 3 of us (with couple of other ladies) walked together for the first 8/9 days or so, then separated. Leif and I bumped into each other at La Medina Albergue in Camponaraya and walked together the next day....
it was nice to hook up again for the final farewells by The Parador

Last edited:
Is "tourist" a swear word? all this just confuses me.. Aren't we all tourists, because visiting abroud?
Does it have to be visiting from abroad? How about the Spanish who walk the Camino?🤔
I live 100 miles from Chicago, but when I go to the city for a long day or an overnight doing interesting things such as the river "Architectural tour" I consider myself a tourist.

Exactly that feeling I had 🫣

Does it have to be visiting from abroad? How about the Spanish who walk the Camino?🤔
I live 100 miles from Chicago, but when I go to the city for a long day or an overnight doing interesting things such as the river "Architectural tour" I consider myself a tourist.
Ups, sorry if I insulted someone :oops: of course, and I haven't even read the hole tread 🫣

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
‘Sinteresting innit. How we, and other people, try to define us. How about: Stonehenge has a “Visitor” Centre where “Tourists” go but “Travellers” are excluded except twice a year. Cornwall gets overrun by “Grockles” but not enough of’em for anyone to make a decent livin’ farming grockles. The Tourismo Galicia spends millions of euros trying to attract millions of people who then get an opportunity to piss-off the locals who don’t work for Tourismo Galicia while chuffing up those that do.

My local news(?)paper recently reported that in response to complaints regarding visitors parking inconsiderately the council has proposed doubling parking charges in its carparks so as to “manage” visitor numbers.

I’ll round off with: “Tourist: a person who travels for pleasure. Traveler: a person who moves from place to place of necessity.”

And meanwhile I’ll write to my local paper to complain that I can’t get a decent three course meal with wine and bread thrown in in the Star. That’ll sort ‘em

Oh I don't know.... it probably will never be resolved.
its like "who came 1st the chickin or the igg"?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Once pilgrims arrive in Santiago it can be hard to differentiate who has walked there and who hasn't.

Some of the dining "rules" in Spain kind of drive me crazy. Last year a fellow pilgrim and I went for the menú del día at a restaurant in Liendo on the Norte. It was a warm day, and there were tables out front that looked inviting, but we had to sit in the hot, stuffy dining room since we had ordered the menú. I would have paid a bit extra to sit outside, but it wasn't allowed.
Yes, my experience exactly. I would sit at the nice Cafe tables and be told no food until I figured out the secret dining room. Hahaha

Tijdens het weekend is het niet te doen in het centrum van Santiago, (dagjes toeristen)Niks voor mij .

Google translate: During the weekend there is nothing to do in the center of Santiago, (tourists for day trips) Not for me.
It's time to wake up , we are all guests/tourists in a town/country where we don't live in. 🙏🏻

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Where was I going with this? :rolleyes:🤪
I think you were going in the right direction. The brownie points for being a pilgrim (or a hardcore distance walker) rather than a tourist are imaginary and I think St Peter probably doesn’t take them into account. And despite what they tell you, lugging a too heavy backpack isn’t really character-building, it mostly just trashes your hips and knees for down the line. :)

A story. A Tinker’s tale. Treat it with care, the listener is often, and easily mislead.

So, this Tinker, having passed, as we all must, finds himself stood before a huge gate. This gate spreads across the sky and a light shines from it rather than on it. There’s a fella, robes, wings, beard like father’s was… he opens his arms in welcome and ushers the Tinker through the gate. “If this is where I think it is I didn’t think I’d end up here.” says the Tinker. “We all end up here” says the fella with the feathers. “Go, enjoy!”

The Tinker wanders. He finds rich forests, he finds wide plains of rolling grasses. The birdsong fills his heart and the sparkle of the rivers bring him memories of a golden childhood and the odd tickled Trout. There’s the kind of pub that you’d hope for, with beer that hits the spot and the breakfasts meet a walking man’s needs. There is one thing that puzzles him. There is a huge wall, so high that it extends into the clouds. He follows it, walking sometimes in its shade and sometimes with it just in sight on some horizon. After years of wandering he finds himself back near the great gates. Puzzled by the wall he approaches the big guy with the beard “okay” he says “I never expected to find myself here and it’s lovely and yet there’s this great big wall surrounding something that I can’t see into. What’s that all about?”

The Gatekeeper smiles and says “That’s where we put the “*********” , they like to think they’re the only ones here

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
…. in Santiago I sort of stayed 'in-between' - changed my pants to non-hiking pair, the hat to a straw … and a brand new …. T-shirt while retaining the jacket, the sandals and the shell ☺️
Initially, I read this to be that you had changed into a new pair of pants, a straw hat and a new T-shirt, while retaining the jacket, sandals and the smell. 🫢. Sorry, I was a bit shocked. 🤣🤣

Where IS that Shadow Pilgrim, anyway?
I've never seen it.
I’m wondering if you’ve noticed this shadow ? Pics (2) were taken at 12.53pm (midday) 20 Oct 2023. Below the cathedral steps. I was taking a pic of the shell in the pic and later noticed the shadow..

Re the pilgrim shadow. We (I’m with @El Cascayal / she’s in yellow jacket ) had our pic with ‘the shadow pilgrim’ later in evening 10pm.

Attachments

• IMG_7663.jpeg
    IMG_7663.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7664.jpeg
    IMG_7664.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • 98984870-0e49-4c83-8453-50e3bfa2fbeb.jpeg
    98984870-0e49-4c83-8453-50e3bfa2fbeb.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
@CWBuff! I'd misinterpreted your avatar picture! Always assumed that you were a relatively young, very fit guy, who exercised for your upcoming camino on a rowing machine. And there you are in a Beatles T-shirt.

@Peregrinopaul
I AM a realtively young (in that photo I am 3 days short of 63; compare that to "my CW age" where year of birth is 1824)

I did exercised... but on elliptical

Well... thank goodness it wasn't a Mozart shirt and on that matter it's not a Beatles shirt but a Pilgrim's shirt

🤣😂:D;)

P.S. Although to be fair my avatar one is about 20 years ago.... maybe I should change that...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is really the truth of the matter, plus they are less expensive and the styling is also so much better. And the glasses! I swear that that the optomistrist shops in Spain are the second* best in the world.
I got free glasses from the U.S. veteran’s administration. But they didn’t arrive before my trip to Spain. I got tired of having to cross the street to read the street sign, so took my prescription to a shop in Estella. I do like my “Spanish spectacles” more than the V.A. ones, but the €400 they cost might be a rare exception to the general rule that health care in Spain is less expensive. :)

Last partial Camino in 2021, walked with some friends. We had walked 150 miles in 2018 with everything on our backs. This time, I was surprised to see them toting roller bags with ALL SORTS of stuff. I was still using my pack. I don’t think they ever had to wash their clothes on a17 day trip! Made me wonder if I was the odd one.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The last time I was in Santiago there were tours from a cruise ship with more than 200 tourist.. in town. They were there for several hours and the cruise paid for the swinging Botafumeiro in the cathedral.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back