• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

That looks familiar!

K_Lynn

Buen Camino!
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2021, Ingles 2023
We’re on our Coast to Coast Canadian Tour right now and have arrived on Prince Edward Island which is our home for week (and my ancestral home). Whilst walking our hound we saw this vehicle in the parking lot of our hotel! Part of me wants to pull a chair over and wait for them to return!

IMG_3407.jpeg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Cool. We are headed to PEI and the area in a couple of weeks to roam around in our van. Post anything cool you see not to miss.

Cool. We are headed to PEI and the area in a couple of weeks to roam around in our van. Post anything cool you see not to miss.
Oooh lucky you! It’s a beautiful island and you can’t go too wrong driving around. Be warned that there some dirt roads and the red clay is very greasy when wet.
There are foxes all over the island and they are adorable! If you care about jellyfish, last year I only saw White Moons at Charlottetown harbour, Arctic Reds were everywhere but Souris had the best chance to see them at varying ages, from very small (golf ball) to large-ish (basketball). Northeast of Souris is a great beach with singing sands (scuff your feet hard in the sand and it squeaks!).
Tons of great food on the island, we had dinner tonight at High on the Hog Smokin’ BBQ at Stanley Bridge.
Fiona did a ton of damage last year and the dunes are decimated as well as a lot of the rock formations.
IMG_3400.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3402.jpeg
    IMG_3402.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 134
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What sorts of things do you like? Bring your wallet and appetite! Tons of great food and tons of art and craft made items. Lots of great beaches and only 2 are prohibited to dogs if you have them.
I just spent a fortune at Malpeque Ironworks and at Northern Watters Knitwear so I can recommend them today lol.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My son and his wife did the whole PEI coast in their van two years ago. I was surprised how high the elevation were of mountains in some of his pictures.
Bwahahahaha!!!
Our highest point on the Island is 152 metres above sea level--no mountains, though we have places called Mount Stewart (at sea level), Mount Albion, Mount Herbert, Mount Hope, and etc. None are very tall!

We’re on our Coast to Coast Canadian Tour right now and have arrived on Prince Edward Island which is our home for week (and my ancestral home). Whilst walking our hound we saw this vehicle in the parking lot of our hotel! Part of me wants to pull a chair over and wait for them to return!

View attachment 149581
Give me a shout if you want to meet up for a coffee or something. It's summer so I work six days a week, but I don't start until 3pm now, soon 2pm soon enough (until 10pm). By all means possible, make your way to the National Park, to the Covehead Harbour, and go to Richard's Fresh Seafood for the best seafood, including fish and chips, you'll ever want to have. There are two fabulous places in Charlottetown for coffee: The Shed in the new library on Queen Street, and Alambra on Kent Street--both serve the most delicious Vietnamese egg coffee...! The Charlottetown Festival has started though Anne of Green Gables is not playing on the stage this year. The musical Anne and Gilbert is being performed, however... Lots to do here in the summer...! :)

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oooh lucky you! It’s a beautiful island and you can’t go too wrong driving around. Be warned that there some dirt roads and the red clay is very greasy when wet.
There are foxes all over the island and they are adorable! If you care about jellyfish, last year I only saw White Moons at Charlottetown harbour, Arctic Reds were everywhere but Souris had the best chance to see them at varying ages, from very small (golf ball) to large-ish (basketball). Northeast of Souris is a great beach with singing sands (scuff your feet hard in the sand and it squeaks!).
Tons of great food on the island, we had dinner tonight at High on the Hog Smokin’ BBQ at Stanley Bridge.
Fiona did a ton of damage last year and the dunes are decimated as well as a lot of the rock formations.
View attachment 149582

View attachment 149582
We lost 40% of our trees because of Hurricane Fiona. Much of PEI is still being cleaned up because of the damage.

Bwahahahaha!!!
Our highest point on the Island is 152 metres above sea level--no mountains, though we have places called Mount Stewart (at sea level), Mount Albion, Mount Herbert, Mount Hope, and etc. None are very tall!
I guess if anyone would know for sure, it would be you! My son did a big tour of much of the south eastern side of coastal Canada. I must have got it mixed it up with another area.🤔
Just looked and see I got it mixed up with Cape Breton Island...at least "them hills is big".😅

Last edited:
Give me a shout if you want to meet up for a coffee or something. It's summer so I work six days a week, but I don't start until 3pm now, soon 2pm soon enough (until 10pm). By all means possible, make your way to the National Park, to the Covehead Harbour, and go to Richard's Fresh Seafood for the best seafood, including fish and chips, you'll ever want to have. There are two fabulous places in Charlottetown for coffee: The Shed in the new library on Queen Street, and Alambra on Kent Street--both serve the most delicious Vietnamese egg coffee...! The Charlottetown Festival has started though Anne of Green Gables is not playing on the stage this year. The musical Anne and Gilbert is being performed, however... Lots to do here in the summer...! :)
Thanks for the recommendations! Lunch is ruining my holiday exploration time! We have lunch with an Aunt today and tomorrow it’s lunch with a couple of cousins. That does not leave a lot of time in the day to get to North or East Point or anywhere else.

I found that last year the best lobster roll was at North Lake where they also had great cinnamon rolls. I’m going to need to go hard on my Camino training when I get home lol. I think all I’ve done is eat!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I guess if anyone would know for sure, it would be you! My son did a big tour of much of the south eastern side of coastal Canada. I must have got it mixed it up with another area.🤔
Just looked and see I got it mixed up with Cape Breton Island...at least "them hills is big".😅
Yes, Cape Breton has big hills, as well as big-hearted, and big talented people! PEI has lots of the latter, but the big hills? We leave those to the Capers. :D

Thanks for the recommendations! Lunch is ruining my holiday exploration time! We have lunch with an Aunt today and tomorrow it’s lunch with a couple of cousins. That does not leave a lot of time in the day to get to North or East Point or anywhere else.

I found that last year the best lobster roll was at North Lake where they also had great cinnamon rolls. I’m going to need to go hard on my Camino training when I get home lol. I think all I’ve done is eat!
Well, you ARE on the food island...!
My cousin, who was a complete foodie and food blogger, was very impressed with Richard's lobster rolls. The folks who own the restaurant opened a second location in Victoria By The Sea, which is also popular. Always line ups to get those lobster rolls. I get fish and chips--am not a fan of lobster; I guess it's a case of overeating it through my life, and losing my taste for it. Chowder is OK with it in it though...that's another conversation altogether!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.