A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Live - Camino Francés The Camino provided

tjb1013

Camino(s) past & future
I need a CPAP. The wall outlets at Albergue Municipal in Azofra were not working (probably just a circuit breaker that can't be gotten to after hours).

The bathroom outlets were working.

The third floor was unoccupied.

Mis amigos de Camino, I was bumped to the penthouse.

Attachments

Last edited:

jozero

Oh... That's what the shell is for...
Camino(s) past & future
CF January 2013
CF April 2016
CF January 2018
CP Coastal September 2018
I stayed there too and believe your room was better than mine... while it seemed liked pure Albergue heaven to find out you got your own bedroom with bed, closet and opening window, when I went to lie down in the bed I realized it was a child's bed for someone <5'6 and 30" wide... that made for an uncomfortable night for my large 6'2" frame. The walk to the bathroom (aka Penthouse) was the only time I got to stretch out full length all night! I guess it true that the grass is always greener on the other side :)

tjb1013

Camino(s) past & future
...when I went to lie down in the bed I realized it was a child's bed for someone <5'6 and 30" wide... that made for an uncomfortable night for my large 6'2" frame.
I've thought most albergue beds are too short. I'm 5-10 and have just fit in about all of them.

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances
SJPP - Finisterre - Muxia, May 2016
C. Frances, Sept 2017
Via de La Plata (spring, 2019)
I would love to have a travel CPAP. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced portable CPAP?

tjb1013

Camino(s) past & future
I just bought the Philips Dreamstation Go, which I find noisy at the hose but which others (the nice fellow pilgrims and my possibly more honest family) assure me is pretty quiet.

J Willhaus

Camino(s) past & future
24 May- 14 July (2016)CF
Hospitalera, Zamora Dec 15-31, (2017), Hospitalera Grañón Dec 15-31 (2018)
JillGat,
My husband has a Trascend II which he took on the Camino last year. Bought a reconditioned one from Second Wind CPAP online and it works like a charm. The plugs worked in Azofra when we were there last summer, but tjb1013's does look convenient.
Janet

Camino(s) past & future
September and October, 2017
I need a CPAP. The wall outlets at Albergue Municipal in Azrofa were not working (probably just a circuit breaker that can't be gotten to after hours).

The bathroom outlets were working.

The third floor was unoccupied.

Mis amigos de Camino, I was bumped to the penthouse.

I just stayed there a few nights ago, and I too need a CPAP. The outlets were not working, and I had a horrible night. They are very ill-equipped with outlets! I am betting when you were there, they cringed to have to deal with another CPAP problem, so soon after having to deal with mine! I didn't get the ensuite though, I had to sleep without my CPAP. I will not recommend this place!

hel&scott

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 &18 Seville - Finesterre, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
I must need new reading glasses, I completely misread the CPAP reference and had a whole other picture of why you needed to sleep by the toilet...

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%