Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

The current situation of albergues along the Norte

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues - (2015)
Camino Frances - (2016)
Camino Finisterre Muxia (2017)
VDLP (2018)
Dear Forum members,

Although the current covid situation is not very promising I am provisionally planning to walk the Camino del Norte in September.

I would like to know what is the current situation with albergues along this route. It seems that most of them are open however I am not sure about this impression. I have also doubt about the municipal ones.

Could anyone give me more update about this.

Thank you in advance.

Buen Camino,
Raymond Aquilina

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

lisaflora

Dear Forum members,

Although the current covid situation is not very promising I am provisionally planning to walk the Camino del Norte in September.

I would like to know what is the current situation with albergues along this route. It seems that most of them are open however I am not sure about this impression. I have also doubt about the municipal ones.

Could anyone give me more update about this.

Thank you in advance.

Buen Camino,
Raymond Aquilina
I am on Norte noe. I was surprised how many are open. I made reservations early this year bc there was almost nothing. But friends on the Norte now had almost no problem searching the night before. Couple of locations where it was tough for them around Zarautz, Deba and Santanilla bc it's tourist season for the locals and many kids in camp took over hostels for a week. I think in Sept you will be totally fine! Wish I had not booked in advance!😀 But I had to be sure. Don't forget Airbnb...lots of folks had luck there too

Camino Portugues - (2015)
Camino Frances - (2016)
Camino Finisterre Muxia (2017)
VDLP (2018)
I am on Norte noe. I was surprised how many are open. I made reservations early this year bc there was almost nothing. But friends on the Norte now had almost no problem searching the night before. Couple of locations where it was tough for them around Zarautz, Deba and Santanilla bc it's tourist season for the locals and many kids in camp took over hostels for a week. I think in Sept you will be totally fine! Wish I had not booked in advance!😀 But I had to be sure. Don't forget Airbnb...lots of folks had luck there too
Thank you very much for your positive reply. Infact that my feeling about it and I am proceding with my planning.
Regards and buen Camino.
Ray

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads