Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

The race is on

shell

Hi all, having just returned from the Camino after finishing on wednesday it was nearly impossible most days to find a bed. It really was busy and completing the last 100km was nigh on impossible to get somewhere to stay. People were leaving at 4.30 to race to next place to get a bed. The race for a bed is on!
Shell

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

bpondugula

Hallo

The last 100 kms is indeed busy. We did our camino in Oct 2006 and March 2007, both off the main season, the one at portamarin was quite full.

Melide was full as well.

But otherwise the rest of the camino was not so busy

Kind Regards
Bharat

I did the camino with Shell and i have to agree that this is not the best time to do it. Certainly, from O'Cerebreiro onwards everywhere (and i do mean everywhere) was booked solid. We ended up going off the camino to casa rurals to find accomodation - or one memorable night in Ribadiso being munched by mosquitoes whilst sleeping on a stone floor. Nice.

We saw several walking holidays with cars taking their bags and thats the main problem i think. Too few municipal alberques to cope with the numbers. I heard that last saturday was the most compostellas given out in one day ever...speaks volumes.

Right now i think its worth walking very early or trying to book the private alberques or pensions in advance. Its a real shame the private alberques dont follow the "first come first served" rule but there it is...

WHatever happens if you're about to start or on it now - buen camino and good luck :)

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads