• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

There's another wave coming, bigger than all the rest

koilife

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF '13; CF/Salvador/Ingles '16; Portugues '22
On Sunday, another wave hits Logrono and by Monday it will start rolling down the Camino Frances. It's absolutely mammoth. Start booking ahead now if you're in its path. Catch the bus, take the train, run if you must, lest you be caught and swamped by it. Let the St. Jean 915 flee before it. Bring in the loose animals, take children to neighboring towns, and call out the Guardia Civil lest all order break down. But, beware, it turns sharply north at Leon and travels the Salvador, and thence to the Primitivo, so those of you who make it past Leon are safe if you stay on the road more traveled.

Yes indeed, clear the path so that my son and I have no obstacles, no bed races, no lines at the cafe. Clear the path so that we have hot showers and lower bunks and our choice of anything we might want or need. Clear the path before our wave, because, after all, it is our Camino . . .

:rolleyes:

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That's a nice dream.
Good luck and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Logrono always a bottleneck. Why. Because it's a nice place to spend a few days. Walk from Vianna 9 km. queue at 11 am for 3 hours for a bed, crazy or walk to Navarra 9 km and hundreds of beds. After logrona no problems with beds. No problems again till nearer Santiago. I never booked ahead, I am not young but I walk eat sleep and love the all caminos

In Logrono at the moment for a cultural day and had booked a hotel. The place is packed - there is a fiesta on and a football match. Avoid the big towns and cities at the weekends as many Spanish are choosing weekend trips domestically over European city breaks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Logrono always a bottleneck. Why. Because it's a nice place to spend a few days. Walk from Vianna 9 km. queue at 11 am for 3 hours for a bed, crazy or walk to Navarra 9 km and hundreds of beds. After logrona no problems with beds. No problems again till nearer Santiago. I never booked ahead, I am not young but I walk eat sleep and love the all caminos

When were you at Logrono Gail?

I really enjoyed my rest day in Logrono last fall. I attended a couple of cultural festivals and explored the City. There was a lot of activity on the streets and I enjoyed talking with the locals., especially the elderly gentleman that sat next to me on a park bench. Among a lot of things, he told me that he was 93 and that someone has stolen his cane. He said that he knew who it was and when he found them that he would....(made the motion of slicing their throat). I bade him a good day, wished him luck on finding his cane and went on my merry way not wanting to be a case of mistaken identity. Logrono is a really great and bustling City so explore and enjoy the local scene.

If they are really thinking they can do the Salvador I have no pity form them. The Salavador should be restricted to repeat offenders who have at least walked 5 times. Earn your right to beauty! :cool:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In Logrono at the moment for a cultural day and had booked a hotel. The place is packed - there is a fiesta on and a football match. Avoid the big towns and cities at the weekends as many Spanish are choosing weekend trips domestically over European city breaks.
It happens that there is another 'puente' (long weekend), which started on Thursday for El Corpus. Obviously, who can take a break near home, will do so. And that goes for hundreds of locals who walk the Camino in stages 3 or 4 days at a time, or maybe add those extra bonus days onto the next week.

On Sunday, another wave hits Logrono and by Monday it will start rolling down the Camino Frances. It's absolutely mammoth. Start booking ahead now if you're in its path. Catch the bus, take the train, run if you must, lest you be caught and swamped by it. Let the St. Jean 915 flee before it. Bring in the loose animals, take children to neighboring towns, and call out the Guardia Civil lest all order break down. But, beware, it turns sharply north at Leon and travels the Salvador, and thence to the Primitivo, so those of you who make it past Leon are safe if you stay on the road more traveled.

Yes indeed, clear the path so that my son and I have no obstacles, no bed races, no lines at the cafe. Clear the path so that we have hot showers and lower bunks and our choice of anything we might want or need. Clear the path before our wave, because, after all, it is our Camino . . .

:rolleyes:
I think your gonna need a bigger boat.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well koilife, it was worth a try! He he

It happens that there is another 'puente' (long weekend), which started on Thursday for El Corpus. Obviously, who can take a break near home, will do so. And that goes for hundreds of locals who walk the Camino in stages 3 or 4 days at a time, or maybe add those extra bonus days onto the next week.
I was really hoping to see the Corpus Christi processions there in Logrono tomorrow, but our bus arrives about an hour after they end. Oh well, pilgrims thank, not demand, and in Rioja, we wine, not whine.

On the bright side, we're staying at the Pension Laurel, and only have a 12 mile day the next day, so we can stay out late and enjoy the Logrono festival night life. What better way to start a camino than with a tapas crawl? (Because nothing says religious pilgrimage like excessive indulgence! )

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I was really hoping to see the Corpus Christi processions there in Logrono tomorrow, but our bus arrives about an hour after they end. Oh well, pilgrims thank, not demand, and in Rioja, we wine, not whine.

On the bright side, we're staying at the Pension Laurel, and only have a 12 mile day the next day, so we can stay out late and enjoy the Logrono festival night life. What better way to start a camino than with a tapas crawl? (Because nothing says religious pilgrimage like excessive indulgence! )
The tapas in Logroño are some of the most famous.......exactly in Calle Laurel! Enjoy!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hey I agree with you this booking is not in the spirit of the Camino. It is sad that they allow booking I see it as a greed among the hostal providers? they could still make their money by first come as always has been. Am saddened that the Camino has come to this. Nevertheless will start my trek from Lourdes and see what comes or may.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Los Arcos was full today, the municpal was completo by 1pm, and many pilgrims had to walk on.

The tapas in Logroño are some of the most famous.......exactly in Calle Laurel! Enjoy!
And the tapas were wonderful. My 15 year old son, however, was tired from all the travel, so this dutiful father was only able to do a tapas dash instead of a tapas crawl.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back