• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alert Heat wave coming to north of Spain next week

Topics realted to Hazards on the camino de Santiago

Sacha

Peregrina
Time of past OR future Camino
05/24 C. Portugues
09/25 CF Ponferrada - Fisterra
I´ve been tracking the weather and the heat wave that is passing through Spain right now will pass onto the north next week. I´m seeing upto 38 degrees around Pamplona. This can be very dangerous.
Please all make sure to stay cool, drink plenty of water and rest in the shade.
I´ll probably start nice and early each day to beat the heat.

Stay safe fellow pilgrims and buen camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I just bought a cheap 200gr travel umbrella. Read on the forum that people find they work really well to protect against the sun.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It's already here further South (near the Duero Valley).

But it's nowhere near as bad as the 2019 one.

I don't know....seems that heatwave hit us straight on in our faces one out of the gate on May 20 and hasn't left since.
Both St.Jean to Orisson and to Roncesvalles next day were in mid-90s
Yesterday in Astorga it was close to 96 at 7:30pm....🥵🌡🔥

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Not one of those ubiquitus baseball caps, get one with a very wide brim that protects the back of the neck and the face.
You think I can score one of those in SJPP? I only have a baseball cap and a coolUV buff (which will probably be too hot to wear)

You think I can score one of those in SJPP? I only have a baseball cap and a coolUV buff (which will probably be too hot to wear)
I can not say. I have a Canadian made Tilly hat and I have no trouble recommending them. Cheers

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I wish I had some of that heat.
It rained all day today from Ribadeso to Mondonedo!!!
Same, except (with the exception of yesterday) it has been raining (and now snowing down south) here for three weeks, still my garden is green and I have built myself a greenhouse for the frost tender plants. 🥝🌼🌱

I´ve been tracking the weather and the heat wave that is passing through Spain right now will pass onto the north next week. I´m seeing upto 38 degrees around Pamplona. This can be very dangerous.
Please all make sure to stay cool, drink plenty of water and rest in the shade.
I´ll probably start nice and early each day to beat the heat.

Stay safe fellow pilgrims and buen camino!
If I were to train or bus to Bilbao to walk a week on the Norte and then return to the Francis, will I still get a compostela?

If I were to train or bus to Bilbao to walk a week on the Norte and then return to the Francis, will I still get a compostela?
The requirement for a Compostela is that you walk the last 100 km on a recognized route. So, if you walk from Sarria on the Camino Frances and collect 2 stamps per day, you will qualify for one. It doesn't matter what you do before then.

I don't know how they might handle a Distance Certificate for you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Finally ! After 3 days of walking in a shroud of fog and mist I arrived in Vilalba under a bright cloudless sky and about 30 degree weather.

Seems like today is the worst of it, then it will calm down and be better at the weekend.

Hmm. Over all the years, I am coming to the conclusion that a brolly is the answer. I have a great hat now, thanks to a gift. My next indulgence will be one of those supersmart Schirm or whatever brollies. My contact on the ground - well, almost - she lives on the fourth floor! - in Pamplona informs me it will touch 40 by the end of the week, so as the Captain in Hill Street Blues would say: Be careful out there. People, do not risk it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hmm. Over all the years, I am coming to the conclusion that a brolly is the answer. I have a great hat now, thanks to a gift. My next indulgence will be one of those supersmart Schirm or whatever brollies. My contact on the ground - well, almost - she lives on the fourth floor! - in Pamplona informs me it will touch 40 by the end of the week, so as the Captain in Hill Street Blues would say: Be careful out there. People, do not risk it.
I can highly recommend the hands free umbrella that Ivar sells. It's heavier than some of the ultralight umbrellas, but its long extension handle and shoulder strap clip system keep it very stable, and it's easy to deploy. It also has a larger canopy, and performs well in windy conditions.

Walked this morning from Sobrado Dos Monxes to Arzua, where the Norte and the Frances meet.
It was nice weather for about the first 10K then a blanket of smoke appeared and the smell of fire decended on us the rest of the way into town.
I am guessing the wind was blowing from the direction of a wildfire somewhere in Navarra, looking at the internet.

Anytime I have access to water (taps, fountains, etc) in those temperatures I soak my t-shirt, to the point of it being sodden and then I at least get half an hour of cool around my body to offset the heat as it dries out.

Stay safe people and remember to keep putting some electrolyte tablets in your water bottles (or eat bananas and a shake of salt on your food).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back