• Click to join the Casa Ivar mailing List
    (separate from the forum emails). This includes new videos created on YouTube and new prodcts on the Camino Forum Store. (Click the small "X" on the top right corner to remove this message)

Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Transport between SdC and Porto

mgnswaus

Past OR future Camino
Le Puy - SJPdP 2019, Frances & Portuguese 2022
On previous multiple Caminos, I've used ALSA buses to travel between SdC and Porto. Research shows that currently there are no services between those 2 points. Is this due to Covid related border closures or issues? I'm planning for May 2022. Is there any local information available about whether the services are likely to be restored in the relatively near future, please, or are there any other possible options?

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

BruceC

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2021)
We took the ALSA bus about two weeks ago from SdC to downtown Porto. About 4 hours. On time and no problems. But paying online was a pain. It seemed to reject our US credit card, so we finally paid using PayPal linked to the same credit card. That seemed to work fine.

boski

Past OR future Camino
Norte/primitivo (15)
On previous multiple Caminos, I've used ALSA buses to travel between SdC and Porto. Research shows that currently there are no services between those 2 points. Is this due to Covid related border closures or issues? I'm planning for May 2022. Is there any local information available about whether the services are likely to be restored in the relatively near future, please, or are there any other possible options?
Try Flixbus

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Jewellery

simoneva

Past OR future Camino
frances (2016)
norte/primitivo (2017)
aragon/frances/salvador/norte (2018)
frances (2019)
I travelled in October by train. There is one train a day but with a rather hurried connection in Vigo; or a bus I recall every hour or so. Probably they don't yet have timetables for May on the website.

Finisterre

Past OR future Camino
Sarria 2001,
Porto 2006,
Valenca 2008,
Finisterre 2010,
SJdPP 2012,
Tui 2014.

No plans to return, yet.
We once hitchhiked. It was most excellent fun. Meeting local people you couldn't have met any other way. Travelling as a pilgrim is travelling in a bubble, a lovely bubble, but still...

The only real problem with hitch-hiking was explaining that we didn't want taking three hours out of their way and directly to Porto airport. It was hard stopping the drivers being just too generous with their time.

Apart from that, once Covid is a dead-un, I'd definitely recommend it over any other method.

mgnswaus

Past OR future Camino
Le Puy - SJPdP 2019, Frances & Portuguese 2022
Thank you so much everyone! Lots of options to explore. Bless you. 🤗

Marianjhart

Past OR future Camino
May-June (2018)
I made that trip by BlahBlah car once. It’s a app that connects you to other people traveling that way who have extra seats in their car and then you end up paying part of the gas expense.

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Jewellery

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances