• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Biarrizt airport to Jean-Pied-de-Port

Roxy

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk the Camino via the French way in June (2017)
Hi
Can anyone help with some guidance, I am flying to Biarrizt airport arriving 17.05 on June 1st. I am looking for transport from the airport to Jean-Pied-de-Port for one person but the website says there are no trains after 16.30 that day. Can anyone suggest any alternatives ............. I have had a quote from Biarritz Airport Transfers at 120 Euros !!! Are there any cheaper options out there? Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Roxy, can I suggest that you stay overnight in Biarritz and then get the first transport to SJPDP in the morning. Or you could stay in Bayonne overnight, both these options will probably be cheaper than pay €120.00 for a taxi.
Just a thought.

Like Waka said, Bayonne overnight, there are places to stay right next to the station and hey presto, first thing next morning you're in the train on your way to St Jean :)
Bayonne is a small town with plenty of nice terrace cafes where you can have a drink and nice places to eat, too.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi
Can anyone help with some guidance, I am flying to Biarrizt airport arriving 17.05 on June 1st. I am looking for transport from the airport to Jean-Pied-de-Port for one person but the website says there are no trains after 16.30 that day. Can anyone suggest any alternatives ............. I have had a quote from Biarritz Airport Transfers at 120 Euros !!! Are there any cheaper options out there? Thanks.
Yesss we went with the bourricotexpress, very friendly people. You can book online or call
http://www.expressbourricot.com/#

Hi
This is the right link: http://www.expressbourricot.com/#

Hi
There is a train at 18:06 on June 1 from Bayonne to SJPdP. See current schedule at
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

In Bayonne Hotel Monte Carlo is good inexpensive choice located opposite the rr station. Nice cafe and resto also. Here is their web .

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow thank you all for the swift replies. .... all very helpful. I have sent an email to express bourricot and my back up plan will be a train from Bayonne. I am so looking forward to the trek, especially now that I have found people are so ready to help with guidance and hints.
Thanks All

Apcaroline@hotmail.com

I also used expressbourticot, email above. It was exactly in time and good price. Good luck and buen camino!
Monica

Hi
Hey just a couple days ahead of you. We just got of plane at Biarritz and had a look at Biarritz for a few hours - beautiful town €1 by bus easy
Then took another bus to Bayonne from Biarritz ( 30min bus ride) and am currently in bed at hotel Basque €69 but could have got cheaper elsewhere . Allbergue just up the road to. Tomorrow morning train ride to st Jean . Been very pleasant and lovely people in Bayonne. Going to sleep now good luck we might cross paths xox

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good to hear you are enjoying the sights before the trek. What time did you take the bus to Bayonne? ....... Do they run late into the evening?

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back