• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from SdC on a Sunday

Izak and Lila

Izak and Lila
Time of past OR future Camino
2013 Primitivo [Ovieda]
2018 September October [Portuguese Route - Porto]
We are finding difficulty with all transport [train, bus or air], out of Santiago on Sunday 14 October 2018 to Toulouse. How far can we book in advance on trains, busses or flying out of Santiago?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How far can we book in advance on trains, busses
About 60 days. For planes, you should be able to book now. Try Iberia Airlines.

As for buses and trains, they are not a good way to get to Toulouse from Santiago. For centuries Spain has obstructed access from Europe to prevent invasion. The train track gauge changes at Irun/Hendaye so that you have to walk a few meters when you take a train. High speed trains from Barcelona were added just a few years ago, so you can go around the Pyrenees that direction to Toulouse now. It takes a while, is not really "cheap," but is quite comfortable. You probably will have a train change after Barcelona, but it is a good opportunity to try French coffee after a month of Spanish coffee. I defer on which is better!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are finding difficulty with all transport [train, bus or air], out of Santiago on Sunday 14 October 2018 to Toulouse. How far can we book in advance on trains, busses or flying out of Santiago?
06,40 - IBERIA via Madrid
09,20 - IBERIA via Madrid
10,15 - Vueling via Barcelona
13,20 - IBERIA via Madrid

Wish you well , Peter .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

You could fly EasyJet to Geneva (SDC at 0915 ; GVA at 1115) with a flight to Toulouse at 1225 ; I have never used Geneva Airport so I would not be sure about such a tight connection but probably feasible with hand-luggage only. Flights are on sale at this moment at very sensible prices.

If the transfer time is a concern, you could spend a night in Geneva with another choice being an overnight in Basel (also with EJ) though the flight to Basel is expensive.

Good luck.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back