Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Two Last Minute Questions About Santiago

Year of past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
One more sleep until we leave for Santiago, and I still have a couple of questions.

1. We get off the plane around 8 pm. Is there a bus that goes INTO Old Town Santiago from the airport? On the map we have, it looks like it drops people off quite a distance from the Cathedral.

2. Does anyone know what time the ALSA bus station opens? We need to buy a ticket and catch a bus to Seville early Thursday morning and need to know if we should buy our ticket the day before? Or will the window be open that morning?

I'm so excited! Thanks for any information anyone can give us.

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Bridget and Peter

Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
I cannot answer with any great authority, nor can I remember the names of any streets, but if the bus from the airport takes you to the square where we got on a bus to go to the airport it is very close to the old city. We stayed at Hostel Suso on Rua Do Vilar (only 5 mins walk from the cathedral, puerta de las platerias), and the square where the bus stopped was no more than 10 mins walk, if that. I have looked on Google maps to remind myself of the street name, and when I clicked on satellite view the square where we got the bus is the rectangle of greenery south of Rua da Senra, with a strange pattern superimposed which I think indicates an underground car park! Santiago is not a very big city.

I'm sure that Ivar would give you better information!

buen camino Annie, sleep well, go well, farewell!

CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Thanks! I think we found it and we're all packed and ready. The modem is going to the drop box now and no more internet until Santiago I think.

Hope to pass some of you on the Way.

Buen Camino!
Annie and Joe

A

Anonymous

Annie and your Beau - not an answer to the question, just my best wishes for a safe journey and a wonderful Spanish adventure - old hands as you are - Enjoy! and may the Good God walk with you ...

in both your hearts - joy and peace

David

2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
I took the early morning Alsa to Madrid in 2007 and their wicket was open at 7.00 am. However, I had purchased my ticket the day before at a travel agent, and preferred not having to worry about ticket purchase at that hour.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads