• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Typo in the 2017 edition Brierley Guide

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
After some initial confusion, we have realised that there is a typo in the new 2017 edition of the Camino Portuguese Guide by John Brierley (Camino Portuguese guide only!). I just wanted to let you all know, to avoid confusion.

The publisher has informed me that there is a typo in the 2017 edition. They forgot to update the year, leaving "2016 edition" on page 3 when they should have written "2017".

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 12.47.29.png
(This is where the error appears, on page 3.)

If you have a look on page 3, you will see that it says "8th edition 2016" (see above). But if you count the years, the 8th edition is the 2017 edition:

2005 1st edition
2009 2nd edition
2011 3rd edition
2013 4th edition
2014 5th edition
2015 6th edition
2016 7th edition
2017 8th edition.

Just to double check this, the ISBN number of the 2016 and 2017 editions are:
2016 edition: ISBN: 978-1-84409-681-7
2017 edition: ISBN: 978-1-84409-712-8

...you can find the ISBN number at the back of the book, under the bar code. If yours ends in 712-8, then you have the 2017 edition.

Anyway.. I though I would post this here since there are a lot of books being printed that will go out with this error.. and this will (hopefully) clear this up.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Poor publisher! I can see the mountain of complaint letters they are about to receive from people that believe they have been sold an outdated guide before my inner eye. Buen Camino, SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Ivar! You are wonderful!

For weeks I thought I had two of the same...then I thought I'd check the forum! Should have done it earlier!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Umm, well, actually, it was published in 2016. We haven’t got to 2017 yet :confused:

Yeah, I know, all his editions are like that. I still think he is the best :D

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back