Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Undated stamps?

F

Former member 72198

I’ve noticed that some of my stamps are not being dated. Is this a problem for purposes of compostella? Thanks. I tried to search this topic but did not find it.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
F

Former member 72198

Hi. It looks to me as if there is no problem. The sequence of stamps will tell their own date story, and now that you have noticed, you will be alert to check on receiving each new stamp. Buen camino!
Thanks, Kirkie!

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
I’ve noticed that some of my stamps are not being dated. Is this a problem for purposes of compostella? Thanks. I tried to search this topic but did not find it.
My experience was that this happened occasionally, and dated those without dates myself to keep track of when I had been where. After Sarria, it was not uncommon for a bar to have a stamp in a public place, when you would have to date it yourself. It wasn't an issue when I arrived at the Pilgrim Office.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
F

Former member 72198

My experience was that this happened occasionally, and dated those without dates myself to keep track of when I had been where. After Sarria, it was not uncommon for a bar to have a stamp in a public place, when you would have to date it yourself. It wasn't an issue when I arrived at the Pilgrim Office.
Thanks!

David with new Kit!

Past OR future Camino
2019 SJPP to Logroño
2021 Logroño - SDC
I've had several undated so far, I just write the date in. Today, I had to stamp my own credential, so I just dated it.

I mean, whose to know who wrote the date anyway?

It's not a problem to enter it yourself ✍️

Past OR future Camino
Many and many more.
On the Camino Frances it’s certainly not an issue as you would be hard-pressed to find any commercial property without a sello.

On less well frequented trips where opportunities are fewer I have been known to ‘manage’ the dates back or forward a day - if you turn up at an albergue where you stay overnight, for example, then the sello could be validly dated on day of arrival or departure …

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads