• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

University Jacobean Certificate

Is there anyone on the forum who is familiar with the Universidad Jacobea Certifcado, or who has obtained it? I did the final 100k last year and this year a friend of mine and I are considering doing either the rest of the Camino Frances, the Caminho Portuges or the Camino Frances/University route. I learned about the Uni Certificate from one of the pilgrims I met through the forum.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi there,
It is called the Credencial Jacobea Universitaria and you could find out more about it from Jacotrans - the group that transfers baggage and pilgrims, rents out clothing, backpacks etc etc, helps repair bikes, finds accommodation - from St Jean to Viana but soon to be extended all along the camino to Santiago.
They will also "give information about how to get the "Credencial Jacobea Universitaria".

http://www.jacotrans.com/ingles/ique.htm

You can get more information about the Jacobean University Credential at http://www.campus-stellae.org. They can send it to your address before you set out so you can get a stamp from your own university.

When I walked last year, I carried both CSJ and Jacobean University credenciales.

Good luck with getting the sellos from the universities along the camino. Make sure that it's a weekday when you pass through the major cities with universities. When I got to Logrono on a Sunday the Rectorado was closed. The staff in the 2 university campuses in Bilbao (where I landed first before going to SJPP) were delighted to see a pilgrim requesting for a sello.

Mark

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.