• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP/Sanabres June-July packing list so far...

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra '15; Levante-Invierno '19
https://vdlp2015.wordpress.com/2015/05/09/the-packing-list-part-1/

Here's the start of the list.
Toiletries, underwear (2 bras, 3 prs undies) and small stuff still have to be included but I'm working on those.

I'm thinking about dropping the sleeping bag liner but I may take the thing with me and work out that side of things once in Spain.
If I am going to get rid of a gadget it would be the Nexus...but I really love my tablet.
Tops: the weather is certainly warming up nicely in Seville - it got up to 38 degrees the other day - and I'm well set up for that. I do have a light technical long sleeved shirt but my umbrella is pretty good at keeping me in the shade. I figure I can always buy a light top in Spain if needed. I never wear long sleeves during our hot and humid Wet Season here. But it's the under 15 degrees times especially if there is wind that worry me the most ie on the Sanabres. If it is unexpectedly cold, would everything in layers be enough? I was wearing the Merino long sleeved top and trousers with the Merrell runners at work the other day in what is supposed to be 18 degree C airconditioning and my feet were freezing.
I suppose I will be reevaluating everything in Salamanca if necessary.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ok, I copied and pasted it and added my comments/Thoughts in italics:

Sleeping Bag – Marmot Nanowave 55 255g - Actually that is the weight of the filling, the total weight of this sleeping bag is 680g, see http://marmot.com/products/details/nanowave-55

Merrell Trail Glove runners 190g / Luna Venado sandals 110g - either or, but not both.

Camera – Canon EOS100D 407g - Does that include the lens?

Solar Monkey Powertraveller Adventurer solar charger 265g - Overkill and no need to carry it.

Silk Sleeping bag liner Sea to summit 132g (undecided) - I wouldn't take it, you will not need the extra warmth nor will you die if you don't wash your sleeping bag on the way.

Buen Camino! SY

I'm thinking about dropping the sleeping bag liner
Donna, I had the same S to S silk liner and slept in that without sleeping bag for at least half the VdlP in 2012. I loved it. (I travelled in June).

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Donna Sch Being cold will not be your problem.

My 2 cents:
  • Silk liner is all you will need
  • Unless to protect your skin, long-sleeves not necessary
  • Jacket unnecessary. Maybe a light-weight fleece for mornings (used mine also as a pillow).
Suggestion: water bladder is the one item on the Plata that I would not forget.

These comments are based on a July and a September/October Camino in Andalucía and Extremadura. I did the Sanabrés in July and in October/November and wore 3/4 tights and a t-shirt the whole way. A few mornings I wore a fleece for an hour or so.

Enjoy the planning!

Thanks for posting the list Donna, I'm currently working on mine too :cool:
I am taking a sleeping bag AND a liner because in the heat, all you need is the liner. I guess it'll be much too hot for a sleeping-bag but I am still taking mine as I get cold in theNorth of Spain :rolleyes:

Your layers seem absolutely fine to me. I am not taking my merino long sleeved top myself but of course I live in much cooler climes...
Agree about the 3 pairs of shoes, you only need 2.

It's exciting, isn't it?

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...
Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.