• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP/Sanabres June-July packing list so far...

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra '15; Levante-Invierno '19
https://vdlp2015.wordpress.com/2015/05/09/the-packing-list-part-1/

Here's the start of the list.
Toiletries, underwear (2 bras, 3 prs undies) and small stuff still have to be included but I'm working on those.

I'm thinking about dropping the sleeping bag liner but I may take the thing with me and work out that side of things once in Spain.
If I am going to get rid of a gadget it would be the Nexus...but I really love my tablet.
Tops: the weather is certainly warming up nicely in Seville - it got up to 38 degrees the other day - and I'm well set up for that. I do have a light technical long sleeved shirt but my umbrella is pretty good at keeping me in the shade. I figure I can always buy a light top in Spain if needed. I never wear long sleeves during our hot and humid Wet Season here. But it's the under 15 degrees times especially if there is wind that worry me the most ie on the Sanabres. If it is unexpectedly cold, would everything in layers be enough? I was wearing the Merino long sleeved top and trousers with the Merrell runners at work the other day in what is supposed to be 18 degree C airconditioning and my feet were freezing.
I suppose I will be reevaluating everything in Salamanca if necessary.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ok, I copied and pasted it and added my comments/Thoughts in italics:

Sleeping Bag – Marmot Nanowave 55 255g - Actually that is the weight of the filling, the total weight of this sleeping bag is 680g, see http://marmot.com/products/details/nanowave-55

Merrell Trail Glove runners 190g / Luna Venado sandals 110g - either or, but not both.

Camera – Canon EOS100D 407g - Does that include the lens?

Solar Monkey Powertraveller Adventurer solar charger 265g - Overkill and no need to carry it.

Silk Sleeping bag liner Sea to summit 132g (undecided) - I wouldn't take it, you will not need the extra warmth nor will you die if you don't wash your sleeping bag on the way.

Buen Camino! SY

I'm thinking about dropping the sleeping bag liner
Donna, I had the same S to S silk liner and slept in that without sleeping bag for at least half the VdlP in 2012. I loved it. (I travelled in June).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@Donna Sch Being cold will not be your problem.

My 2 cents:
  • Silk liner is all you will need
  • Unless to protect your skin, long-sleeves not necessary
  • Jacket unnecessary. Maybe a light-weight fleece for mornings (used mine also as a pillow).
Suggestion: water bladder is the one item on the Plata that I would not forget.

These comments are based on a July and a September/October Camino in Andalucía and Extremadura. I did the Sanabrés in July and in October/November and wore 3/4 tights and a t-shirt the whole way. A few mornings I wore a fleece for an hour or so.

Enjoy the planning!

Thanks for posting the list Donna, I'm currently working on mine too :cool:
I am taking a sleeping bag AND a liner because in the heat, all you need is the liner. I guess it'll be much too hot for a sleeping-bag but I am still taking mine as I get cold in theNorth of Spain :rolleyes:

Your layers seem absolutely fine to me. I am not taking my merino long sleeved top myself but of course I live in much cooler climes...
Agree about the 3 pairs of shoes, you only need 2.

It's exciting, isn't it?

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

So….. we had 1 inch of rain here at home in a 4 hour period. We found it and opportunity to test our packs/setup. We hiked 12 miles in pure downpour. We both wore shorts and no pack covers as mine...
I’m walking the Frances in late Oct thru November. Is a 55L osprey too large in your opinion? Thx is for suggestions. Frank
I’ve been on Camino Norte for about eight days averaging around 30 to 35 km. I’ve gotten some blisters on the sides of my feet mostly the pinky toes and one on my big toe. I just came to the...
Buen Camino everyone. First timer here. Going to be starting my camino from porto at the end of this month and trying to find an e-sim that will work in both Portugal and Spain. I will there for...
The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
(Not sure where to put this post.) I make shampoo and conditioner bars and get requests for scents I don't have. I'd like to get an idea from camino walkers of which of the scents I make would...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.