• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

VdlP Wise Pilgrim App - What am I doing Wrong?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
I'm a bit new to Camino apps, having previously always relied on a scanned guidebook on my phone.
But it's time to get into the 21st Century, if a little late........

I've downloaded a couple of Apps and like the Wise Pilgrim app as many others do.
That was a year or two ago.

But.......

Do I need to download an update from somewhere?
Or maybe I have it set up incorrectly?

The issue is accommodation.
And I can quite appreciate that some may be closed at this time of year, and others may have closed for good dur to Covid.

But I suspect it's the way I'm using the App.

For example, if I look at the accommodation listings in Castilblanco de los Arroyos, none of the websites work.
For all four accommodation listings, they come up with a DNS error message.

For the Hotel Castillo Blanco though, it's website does not work on any of four browsers I've tried.
Maybe it closed down?

Curious..........
Hmm. websites for Almaden open OK.
Tried a couple of other towns, and they seem to work though.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Robo I am the maker of the Wise Pilgrim app in question, and I have had a look at the links you mention.
In the case of the Castilblanco de los Arroyos albergue there was a typo (a missing . before blogspot). For the two Casa Rural listings the website no longer exists (a common problem I am afraid, it looks like I will have to do a bit of a cleanup) and lastly the Hotel page links to the correct website but it would appear that the website is nothing but a white screen.

This is the time of year when I publish the most updates, as the number of changes just prior to Semana Santa is notable. I will remove as many dead links as I can find for the next update, which is a few weeks away since I just published a new update today.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other doubts about the app, and thank you for your support!

@Robo I am the maker of the Wise Pilgrim app in question, and I have had a look at the links you mention.
In the case of the Castilblanco de los Arroyos albergue there was a typo (a missing . before blogspot). For the two Casa Rural listings the website no longer exists (a common problem I am afraid, it looks like I will have to do a bit of a cleanup) and lastly the Hotel page links to the correct website but it would appear that the website is nothing but a white screen.

This is the time of year when I publish the most updates, as the number of changes just prior to Semana Santa is notable. I will remove as many dead links as I can find for the next update, which is a few weeks away since I just published a new update today.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other doubts about the app, and thank you for your support!

Many thanks @wisepilgrim

Back