• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via 2010 aka Alexandra

Via2010

Time of past OR future Camino
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Since I am reading in this Forum for at about 10 years and now am writing for nearly six months in this forum I think it is time to introduce myself.

My name is Alexandra. I am 50 years old, from Germany and live at about 80 km south of Cologne, in Daun, an area known for its volcanic lakes. It is close to the Nürburgring (a race course) and to Bitburg with the famous beer. There is also a famous german long distance trail passing my house, the Eifelsteig. I speak German, English, French and Spanish and have recently started learning Italian.

I plan to walk the Via de la Plata for a second time in 2019 and 2020. I did it in 2008-2010 together with my parents, thus explains the choice of my nickname.

I have already done various caminos:

2006/2007 Camino Frances together with my parents.
2006 SJPDP - Carrion de los Condes & 2007 Carrion de los Condes - Fisterra

2008-2010 Via de la Plata together with my parents.
2008 Sevilla - Casar de Cacéres
2009 Casar de Cacéres - Montamarta
2010 Montamarta - Fisterra via Sanabrés

2012 Part of the Camino Francés (Astorga - Santiago) with my nephew and my mum

2013/2014 Camino Portugues with my mum
2013 Porto - Santiago
2014 Lisbon - Porto (the missing part)

2017 Camino Portugues and then Santiago - Muxia solo in August

2018 Camino Primitivo and then Santiago - Fisterra - Muxía from June 13th to June 29th

I still can not get enough of it and am planning my next walks. I am sure, that the Norte, the Salvador, the Aragonés and the Via Francigena are on my agenda if time and health (mine and of my family members) allow.

Buen Camino
Alexandra

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen Camino from a fellow Alexandra :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Alexandra, I enjoyed reading your introduction and where you come from. I hope you have many more caminos in your future added to the long list of walks you have had the privilege of already doing. You are still quite young...I wouldn't mind being 50 again! ☺
Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No-one knows what might happen in future. So I try to walk a part of the camino whenever possible.

It is a dilemma:

when you are Young (e. g. as a student), you are healthy and have enough time but no money
in your middle age you are healthy, have enough money but only little time (due to work).
when you are retired you have plenty of time, you may still have enough money but you may have health issues which will prevent you from walking the camino.

I have booked my flights now. I am going from Luxemburg to Madrid on May 28, then catch the AVE or the night-bus to Seville, visit the cathedral and the pilgrim office and start walking on May 30. I think I might reach Merída on June 7 (depends on wheter I split the stage Almadén de la Plata-Monesterío or not) and hope to get to Salamanca or even Zamora before June 21.
My flight back to Luxemburg is on June 21 in the evening.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.