A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Via Francigena Insights

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis (2012), Camino Norte (Fall 2015)
We just finished the Via Francigena from Lucca to Rome. There were many surprises, both good and bad. The good was the path was well mark and we were never close to being lost. The bad was the accommodations. I used different lists from the forum and other sources and they are terribly out of date. We called ahead each day because we were in Italy during a very high holiday period - Easter, Libert Day and National Labour Day. The Italians love the Via Francigena and were walking for 2-3 days, and some for a week, and they walk in both directions. We are just winding down in Amalfi and when we get back to Canada I will try to add more to this post for your information plus try to update some of the out of date information. In the mean, if you have a question, I would be pleased to try and answer it for you.

Cheers,
Bill

Pilar

We are in Bolsena. We have experienced the same thing. We will be in La Storta on 5/11 and are having trouble finding a place to stay. Where did you end up.

Harington

Camino(s) past & future
Vézelay/Francés 2011, Primitivo 2012, VdlP 2013, Via Domitia 2014, Inglés 2015, Francigena 2016
We just finished the Via Francigena from Lucca to Rome. There were many surprises, both good and bad. The good was the path was well mark and we were never close to being lost. The bad was the accommodations. I used different lists from the forum and other sources and they are terribly out of date. We called ahead each day because we were in Italy during a very high holiday period - Easter, Libert Day and National Labour Day. The Italians love the Via Francigena and were walking for 2-3 days, and some for a week, and they walk in both directions. We are just winding down in Amalfi and when we get back to Canada I will try to add more to this post for your information plus try to update some of the out of date information. In the mean, if you have a question, I would be pleased to try and answer it for you.

Cheers,
Bill
The elenco ospitalità on the EAVF website is updated every year.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
We are in Bolsena. We have experienced the same thing. We will be in La Storta on 5/11 and are having trouble finding a place to stay. Where did you end up.
We stayed at a convent called Nostra Signora del Sacro Cuore at Via cassia, 1826. It’s right on the Via Francigena. It’s really more of a hotel run by nuns. The cost is 50 euros for a double which includes breakfast. You can send an email to info@casanostrasignora.it or call them at +39 (0)630890863.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature

Cheers,
Bill
that will be very much appreciated by all the future vf pilgrims, thank you!
we can only rely on the information we get from the web, so I always have a plan B for when the accommodation I was planning to stay in is no longer operating/full/has changed contact details...

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
The elenco ospitalità on the EAVF website is updated every year.
yes, they are constantly adding new possibilites (just this year at least 10 more options south of lucca). but then you have to really fish around their site for some accommodation (like the abbazia in aulla). and I am not sure about some of them - eg. casa alpina sacro cuore in etroubles which is (again) on the list but reports from pilgrims for the past three years indicate that they don't accept pilgrims anymore.

Last edited:

Harington

Camino(s) past & future
Vézelay/Francés 2011, Primitivo 2012, VdlP 2013, Via Domitia 2014, Inglés 2015, Francigena 2016
yes, they are constantly adding new possibilites (just this year at least 10 more options south of lucca). but then you have to really fish around their site for some accommodation (like the abbazia in aulla). and I am not sure about some of them - eg. casa alpina sacro cuore which is (again) on the list but reports from pilgrims for the past three years indicate that they don't accept pilgrims anymore.
you're certainly right about the Casa Alpina Sacro Cuore. And the Carmelites in Sutri. But I found it absolutely invaluable.

Parksville

Camino(s) past & future
Tui to Santiago (2011), SJPP to Najera (2016) Najera to Finisterre (2017), Lucca to Rome (June 2019)
Congratulations on the successful completion of your Camino. Thank you for sharing this information -- it is very valuable! My husband and I plan to walk from Lucca to Rome beginning June 1 this year. When calling accommodations ahead of time were you able to use English? What was the average cost of your accommodations per night? I greatly appreciate your help.

Freewalker

Camino(s) past & future
PC- LIS SdC(16), VdlP/Sanabres(17). Mozarabe-Almeria /Merida(18), Levante(18)VFran Lucca/Rome(19)

Cheers,
Bill
Hi Bill
Congrats !! I am so looking forwardt to it. How many days did it take you ? Mary here from Canada LOL.... anyhow I will be starting the Via F in Lucca on May 24th although I leave for Italy in 3 days time. Now I am worried as have lists, am traveling solo and was really hoping the accommodations are not going to be more than 25 euro per night. Any lists you have that are fairly up to date I would grately appreciate.
Many thanks
M

Last edited:

Stewart Wilson

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese in 2018
Congratulations on your camino.
My partner and I are planning on walking the same section from Lucca to Rome next year at this time. We used a luggage transfer service for part of the Portuguese carmino last year. Did you see any of these services advertised on your journey from Lucca to Rome?
Bon Camino.
Stew

Ell

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese
Part of the Camino Via De La Plata
Camino Frances
Hi

Congrats on completing your Camino!

I am in Bolsena now and sadly sprained or broke my ankle today.

I loved the Via Francigena and we never had a problem finding accommodation. We used the attached list.

In my opinion it is easier to find accommodation on the Via F now then on the CF.

I also think the accommodation is cleaner, more practical etc.

Speaking a bit of Italian is quite important.

My only bad experience was in penzione Italia in Bolsena. It is depressing and the 2 old ladies are not kind (well the complete opposite). They increased the rate far more then advertised and in the end offered up to 50% discount when they saw I was going to leave. When I didnt stay the lady shouted abuse until I left the building.

I will return next year to finish the last few stages.

If anyone happens to be driving from Bolsena to Rome tomorrow or Monday, I would really appreciate a lift and will obviously pay....

🐚

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
Hi

Congrats on completing your Camino!

I loved the Via Francigena and we never had a problem finding accommodation. We used the attached list.

In my opinion it is easier to find accommodation on the Via F now then on the CF.

I also think the accommodation is cleaner, more practical etc.

Speaking a bit of Italian is quite important.

My only bad experience was in penzione Italia in Bolsena. It is depressing and the 2 old ladies are not kind (well the complete opposite). They increased the rate far more then advertised and in the end offered up to 50% discount when they saw I was going to leave. When I didnt stay the lady shouted abuse until I left the building.

I will return next year to finish the last few stages.

If anyone happens to be driving from Bolsena to Rome tomorrow or Monday, I would really appreciate a lift and will obviously pay....

🐚
Did you attach the list?

Thanks!

Mr_Ross_Duncan

Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018) Portuguese (2017)

🐚
Hi Ell, many commiserations on the ankle issue, that must be devastating for you, perhaps you'll make it back to continue the walk one day in the future.
My wife and I are planning our Francigena walk from Aosta, starting in September. You mentioned in your post an attached list of accommodation, I couldn't see one attached, would you be in a position in the next few weeks to repost with the list, I'm sure it will be a great help.
All the best
Ross

Freewalker

Camino(s) past & future
PC- LIS SdC(16), VdlP/Sanabres(17). Mozarabe-Almeria /Merida(18), Levante(18)VFran Lucca/Rome(19)
Sorry to hear - take good care ! Elevate as much as possible and ice it....
Please post attachment as cannot see it - thank you and all the very best.
Mary

Ell

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese
Part of the Camino Via De La Plata
Camino Frances
Hi

I hope the list is attached now.

Unfortunately I can’t take credit for the amazing list and I am so sorry for not being able credit the right person.

Thank you for your lovely words. I was / am extremely disappointed not being able to finish - so close to the end. Especially now that I am so fit.

Another reason to do the VF is the delicious food!

Buen camino!

Attachments

Stefystar

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances from sarria 2015
Via Francigena Aquapendente to Rome 2016
Camino Portuguese from TuI 2016
We stayed at a convent called Nostra Signora del Sacro Cuore at Via cassia, 1826. It’s right on the Via Francigena. It’s really more of a hotel run by nuns. The cost is 50 euros for a double which includes breakfast. You can send an email to info@casanostrasignora.it or call them at +39 (0)630890863.
Hi,
I stayed there too in 2016, very nice and welcoming nuns..the evening meal was also very nice and home made..maybe I paid a little extra ..I was there in May too and they could lend you a hairdryer too.
😊

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
Congratulations on the successful completion of your Camino. Thank you for sharing this information -- it is very valuable! My husband and I plan to walk from Lucca to Rome beginning June 1 this year. When calling accommodations ahead of time were you able to use English? What was the average cost of your accommodations per night? I greatly appreciate your help.
About 50% of the time you will need Italian, and the other 50% you will need some Italian. When we had problems understanding people on the phone, we would try to find someone to help - someone at our pilgrim facility, or the hotel front desk, or at a restaurant. Basic words for reserving over the phone you should have are reservation (prenotare), today (oggi), tomorrow (domani), two people (due persona). We have done the camino Frances and the camino Portuguese and the accommodations for the ia Francigena are different. The pilgrim style accommodations are usually your own room, not a shared room with bunk beds. Sometimes with a shared bathroom, sometimes your own bathroom. We only stayed in a Spanish style albergue/hostel once in Monteriggioni at the church. Therefore, the prices are higher, we paid anything from donation to 75 euros a night, depending on what was available. In Tuscany I found this website viafrancigenatoscana.org which is basic , volunteer run accommodations but usually have your own room.
Also of note, I only used my sleeping bag once and if was had asked, they did provide blankets on request.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Bill
Congrats !! I am so looking forwardt to it. How many days did it take you ? Mary here from Canada LOL.... anyhow I will be starting the Via F in Lucca on May 24th although I leave for Italy in 3 days time. Now I am worried as have lists, am traveling solo and was really hoping the accommodations are not going to be more than 25 euro per night. Any lists you have that are fairly up to date I would grately appreciate.
Many thanks
M
Try viafrancigentoscana.org for cheaper accommodations. Also Google european-association-of-vie-francigene-eavf/ - the trouble with this site is it does not have an address and trying to ask directions over the phone with my limited Italian was dreadful.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
My partner and I are planning on walking the same section from Lucca to Rome next year at this time. We used a luggage transfer service for part of the Portuguese carmino last year. Did you see any of these services advertised on your journey from Lucca to Rome?
Bon Camino.
Stew
Yes we saw this service but I don't remember the name - the cost for the one we saw was 15 euros per bag per day.

Freewalker

Camino(s) past & future
Try viafrancigentoscana.org for cheaper accommodations. Also Google european-association-of-vie-francigene-eavf/ - the trouble with this site is it does not have an address and trying to ask directions over the phone with my limited Italian was dreadful.
Thank you very much for this... GREAT sites. Not sure if you are back in CA or where you are from but the weather here in ON has been raining every second day for a month !!! Can't wait to board my flight later today !

andycohn

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2012,13,15); Finisterre / Muxia (15); Portugeuse (17); Primitivo (17); Norte (18); Ingles (18)
Bon Camino.
Stew
There’s one baggage transport company I found. Bags Free. www.bags-free.com/en/
They’re expensive. 15 euros per bag per transport. I haven’t used them, but other people have mentioned them on this forum.

Also, after walking a part of the Francigena in December, I put together a mini-guide / resource sheet for our local Camino group. It includes a lot of the links mentioned above, and covers stuff like accomodations, transport within Italy, weather, credential / testimonium, guidebooks, apps — all the nitty-gritty stuff that I could think of that would be helpful in planning. I’ve attached it. Hope it’s useful.

Attachments

Parksville

Camino(s) past & future
Tui to Santiago (2011), SJPP to Najera (2016) Najera to Finisterre (2017), Lucca to Rome (June 2019)
There’s one baggage transport company I found. Bags Free. www.bags-free.com/en/
They’re expensive. 15 euros per bag per transport. I haven’t used them, but other people have mentioned them on this forum.

Also, after walking a part of the Francigena in December, I put together a mini-guide / resource sheet for our local Camino group. It includes a lot of the links mentioned above, and covers stuff like accomodations, transport within Italy, weather, credential / testimonium, guidebooks, apps — all the nitty-gritty stuff that I could think of that would be helpful in planning. I’ve attached it. Hope it’s useful.
Thanks, Andy - This resource is awesome!! My husband and I begin our pilgrimage on the VF (Lucca to Rome) this June 1. Your list is very timely and very much appreciated!

Mr_Ross_Duncan

Camino(s) past & future
Th
Hi

Unfortunately I can’t take credit for the amazing list and I am so sorry for not being able credit the right person.

Thank you for your lovely words. I was / am extremely disappointed not being able to finish - so close to the end. Especially now that I am so fit.

Buen camino!
Thanks Ell, that's amazing.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
Hi

Buen camino!
I am so sorry to hear about your ankle. I don't know what I would do, probably throw myself into the lake or something.
this right credited person will update the list before she leaves for vf in june. a couple of new stays have popped up on the vf web site. stay tuned... :) she also appreaciates any updates till then.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
anyone knows of any current bloggers on the vf? I'm quite unable to find any and I know people are walking right now.

MichaelC

Camino(s) past & future
Aug 2017: Le Puy to Santiago
Nov 2018: Kumano Kodo (partial)
2021: ?
I've been following people on the various Facebook groups.

Parksville

Camino(s) past & future
that's cool, I'll be behind and happy to get first-hand tips. :)

I found this blog cited on a fb site I'm currently reading: https://therandoneurds.wordpress.com/2019/04/.
Thank you! That site is awesome. Now, if the internet gods (and time and energy) are with me, I'll be blogging live from the trail too. If not, I'll blog immediately upon our return home.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you! That site is awesome. Now, if the internet gods (and time and energy) are with me, I'll be blogging live from the trail too. If not, I'll blog immediately upon our return home.
Depending on where you stay, the internet gods will abandon you. We were gone a month so my wife and I bought a SIM card for a month - cost was 30 euros each and included 15GB data and 200 minutes talk time, but no texting. This was with TIM and in most places, service was excellent and I was able to post daily updates to Instagram. We had poor reception in two towns and therefore would try Vodafone next time.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
anyone knows of any current bloggers on the vf? I'm quite unable to find any and I know people are walking right now.
I dont have a FB account but I did create an Intagram acount to post pictues and comments. I found it way faster than uploading to Wordpress. There are a few groups you can follow like #viafrancigena, #walkingtheviafrancigena - these both have very current activity.

Jbirk

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, SJPP to Finesterre April (2018)
Via Francigena Italy Sept (2018)
Del Norte Aug (2019)
We walked Lucca to Rome last October. We used Booking.com and had no problems staying in any town. Half the nights were in agriturismos and B and Bs the other half.

Parksville

Camino(s) past & future
Depending on where you stay, the internet gods will abandon you. We were gone a month so my wife and I bought a SIM card for a month - cost was 30 euros each and included 15GB data and 200 minutes talk time, but no texting. This was with TIM and in most places, service was excellent and I was able to post daily updates to Instagram. We had poor reception in two towns and therefore would try Vodafone next time.
Great information! Thank you!

Jbirk

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte Aug (2019)
I downloaded the path and all my hotel locations on maps.me. It works great offline.

Mr_Ross_Duncan

Camino(s) past & future
I downloaded the path and all my hotel locations on maps.me. It works great offline.
Hi, my wife and I are walking from Aosta, leaving in September. We plan on using Maps.me as our main mapping tool. We've already downloaded the various maps for the parts of Italy we will walk through and expect no issues there.
Your quote about downloading your path had me wondering if we'd missed something, is there a way to load a GPX path onto maps.me?
Thanks
Ross

Jbirk

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte Aug (2019)
Hi, my wife and I are walking from Aosta, leaving in September. We plan on using Maps.me as our main mapping tool. We've already downloaded the various maps for the parts of Italy we will walk through and expect no issues there.
Your quote about downloading your path had me wondering if we'd missed something, is there a way to load a GPX path onto maps.me?
Thanks
Ross
GPX opens automatically in maps.me on my iPhone

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks
Ross
We used the Sloway app to keep us on the path, and also the Via Francigena app because it had a few alternate paths that were helpful, plus it has some accommodation and restaurant information. You can download each segment so you need a network connection - saves a lot of smartphone battery. Once we were in a town, we put the address or hotel name in google maps.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
Good idea but we didn’t prebook any accommodations from home. At our age, we wanted the flexibility to take a rest day when needed, or skip a section like the one before Radicafoni - it rained the day before and the day of that section at we thought the river crossings would be a little treacherous, which we heard they were.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
We used the Sloway app to keep us on the path, and also the Via Francigena app because it had a few alternate paths that were helpful, plus it has some accommodation and restaurant information. You can download each segment so you need a network connection - saves a lot of smartphone battery. Once we were in a town, we put the address or hotel name in google maps.
I just did some research into maps.me and it looks like the all encompassing way to go. If you are not tech savvy, Sloways and the Via Francigena apps are easy but not all encompassing.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
that will be very much appreciated by all the future vf pilgrims, thank you!
we can only rely on the information we get from the web, so I always have a plan B for when the accommodation I was planning to stay in is no longer operating/full/has changed contact details...
I have gone through all my lists that I took to Italy, and narrowed it down to the Pilgrimstorome.org.uk list as being out of date, and I have had it confirmed that it is being updated as we speak. Unfortunately, the person doing the updates is only up to Switzerland so it will take awhile. When it is complete, I am sure it will be a great resource. In the meantime, the following are up to date and recommended:\

- viafrancigenatoscana.org has only pilgrim style accommodations but these are Italian style in that they have the option of a private room with double beds versus bunk beds, some facilities have a shared bathroom, some have their own. Unfortunately, this list is just the Tuscany section.
- viefrancigene.org website has a pdf form with accommodations. The accommodations include both pilgrim/peregrino style and hotels. All seem to be on the Via Francigena route or not far off.
- "Via Francigena in Italy" pdf posted by Caminka above is also a very worthwhile list including pilgrim as well as hotel options.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
I have gone through all my lists that I took to Italy, and narrowed it down to the Pilgrimstorome.org.uk list as being out of date, and I have had it confirmed that it is being updated as we speak. Unfortunately, the person doing the updates is only up to Switzerland so it will take awhile. When it is complete, I am sure it will be a great resource. In the meantime, the following are up to date and recommended:\

- viafrancigenatoscana.org has only pilgrim style accommodations but these are Italian style in that they have the option of a private room with double beds versus bunk beds, some facilities have a shared bathroom, some have their own. Unfortunately, this list is just the Tuscany section.
- viefrancigene.org website has a pdf form with accommodations. The accommodations include both pilgrim/peregrino style and hotels. All seem to be on the Via Francigena route or not far off.
- "Via Francigena in Italy" pdf posted by Caminka above is also a very worthwhile list including pilgrim as well as hotel options.
thank you for the links.

the tuscan link has a few options I've not come across before. I stayed in Le Missioni in Sarzana in 2012 but I don't know of pilgrims staying there since. Casetta dei Pellegrini in Galleno would be a welcome addition if Altopascio fills up. Monasterio di Bose only takes in guests for several days (according to their site), but maybe pilgrims are exceptions? La Sosta in Strove has been reported closed; maybe it has reopened? both options in San Quirico d'Orcia are not by donation anymore, according to the official vf site.

some of the options from the official vf site are a bit off route, but very few - and they do not all appear on their maps which is quite confusing. one ostello is super confusing (ostello in lusignana, which has no listed phone number, only an email address, and I'm still not sure of its exact location; the picture at the site with ostello details is of a town gate in filetto).

Avromal

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP & stopped at Boente after injury April /May2017
Kiaora Caminka,

Not yet, but not too far away. Susie and I will start from Fidenza at the end of June walking through to Rome. We will have a blog running as we go in Wordpress. Imagine Walking.

Nga mihi,

Mal.

Bill from Canada

Camino(s) past & future
thank you for the links.

the tuscan link has a few options I've not come across before. I stayed in Le Missioni in Sarzana in 2012 but I don't know of pilgrims staying there since. Casetta dei Pellegrini in Galleno would be a welcome addition if Altopascio fills up. Monasterio di Bose only takes in guests for several days (according to their site), but maybe pilgrims are exceptions? La Sosta in Strove has been reported closed; maybe it has reopened? both options in San Quirico d'Orcia are not by donation anymore, according to the official vf site.

some of the options from the official vf site are a bit off route, but very few - and they do not all appear on their maps which is quite confusing. one ostello is super confusing (ostello in lusignana, which has no listed phone number, only an email address, and I'm still not sure of its exact location; the picture at the site with ostello details is of a town gate in filetto).
Thanks for the updates Caminka🤗.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
Kiaora Caminka,

Not yet, but not too far away. Susie and I will start from Fidenza at the end of June walking through to Rome. We will have a blog running as we go in Wordpress. Imagine Walking.

Nga mihi,

Mal.
very cool! will look forward to reading it. and buen camino!

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
any very recent updates on the bridge when one descends from passo della cisa all the way to the bottom of the valley, across torrente civasola? the last village on the descent is groppoli, the one on the climb on the other side previdé.
I've been there in 2012 and it was a wobbling plank which I didn't dare to cross in the torrential rain. I've seen in one blog from 2016 that it was four steel cables. dare I hope it's a proper bridge now?

Galloglaigh2

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances / Via Francigena
I have just come down from the pass today. If you are not fussy, there is a marked cycle track ( VF Sud) which takes you out at Pontremoli. It’s 15 miles and I can give you the GPS track if you want.

Sitting in Lucca now. Beautiful place.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
I have just come down from the pass today. If you are not fussy, there is a marked cycle track ( VF Sud) which takes you out at Pontremoli. It’s 15 miles and I can give you the GPS track if you want.

I'm not fussy :). I would really like to cross and not miss the beautiful lanes on the other side, like I did the first time (plus I plan to sleep in previdé). I have plan B on minor roads if the rain decides to come down hard again. this I did in 2012 but would really like to avoid the tarmac this time. the bike track follows minor roads, I presume?

I take it you didn't cross that bridge/whatever it is now? thanks for the offer, though.

Galloglaigh2

Camino(s) past & future
As I am travelling by bike I am using safe tarmac roads with next to no traffic. The route takes you through all the small villages. It is single track and the views are breathtaking. I know Tuscany well but the green hills are just beautiful- even in the rain.

We’re I to do it again I’d miss out the bit from Ivrea to Fornovo and start in Berceto.

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012)
Portugues, Muxia-Finist(2015)
St Olavs Way(2016)
88 Temples Japan(2017)
PWC & VF (2019)

Did you wave to me as you zoomed past? I'm in Pietrasanta. Do you have a photo from the Pass? This was my view last Sunday...
20190526_115538-1305x979.jpg20190526_120723-979x1305.jpg

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012)
Portugues, Muxia-Finist(2015)
St Olavs Way(2016)
88 Temples Japan(2017)
PWC & VF (2019)
Here’s mine so you can see the difference
Oh my...blue & green everywhere! Thanks. All I saw was white. I had no idea if there were mountains or drop-offs.
Glad to see my Aussie flag I 'planted' on Sunday is still there.
(Oops...did I just say that out loud? Defacing public signage...tsk, tsk...) 😇
👣 🌏

Attachments

Boswald

Camino(s) past & future

Cheers,
Bill
How far is it from Lucca to Rome? also, I would like to do this route by cycle. Is the route accessible by cycle?

Galloglaigh2

Camino(s) past & future
Don’t know what happened to my reply. Probably as I using a phone .

I will do a longer piece of the 260 miles when I have completed along with GPS tracks so readers check the height profiles . Biggest issue so far is wate.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
the official vf site has put ostello di lusignana on the map. it's in Posponte di Lusignana which is way up from the VF, on Via de Volto Santo. not really handy for VF pilgrims.

Parksville

Camino(s) past & future
I am currently on the VF. I began in Lucca on June 1 and am now in Siena. I have been blogging each day and have included accommodation details in each of my posts. You can view them at: www.retirementreflections.com. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Jbirk

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte Aug (2019)
I am currently on the VF. I began in Lucca on June 1 and am now in Siena. I have been blogging each day and have included accommodation details in each of my posts. You can view them at: www.retirementreflections.com. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
I went to your site. Great reflections that brought back memories. We also took some of the same pictures https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/camino-photos/albums/via-francigena-lucca-to-roma.355/

Parksville

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for checking out my site. I’m off to visit yours now!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%