Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Visibility

JustRob

I was wondering whether people took special steps to ensure their visibility when along the Camino. Most particularly when walking along roads.

I already have a blaze orange rain cover for my pack that I intend to wear when walking along roads.

Would it help to take additional steps, such as adding reflective tape to the rain cover cover or wearing a flashing red light as well.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
D

Deleted member 397

My experience of spanish drivers inclines me to say that if you make yourself more conspicuous they will take it as an invitation to aim for you. Only (partly) joking of course. The reflective pieces would obviously only be useful in the dawn/ dusk so if you intend walking then they may be good idea. The flashing light sounds a bit over the top though.
On a bit of a tangent though a small torch is useful in the refugios if you have to get up in the night.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
In all cars in Spain it is now the law to have a reflector vests (if the car breaks down, you need to wear it if you leave the car). Due to this law, you can get one at any gas station if you decide to get one once here.

Many Spaniards are also using these while walking along roads as well. A good idea since many times the roads are not well lit.

Ivar

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings