Walking 9 to 5?

alansykes

Veteran Member
Aug 29, 2010
Cumbria, UK
Time of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
Dolly Parton was a huge success at the Glastonbury festival last week, and the BBC played some of her songs on the news. I heard one of them as "Walking 9 to 5", which I thought would be a very good anthem for a winter caminante like myself, but apparently she sings "Working 9 to 5".

I'm sure there are many other songs, poems, film titles etc which would similarly benefit from a slight alteration to become relevant to the camino?

- Paint a yellow arrow on the old oak tree
- the Roncesvalles Redemption
- to walk, or not to walk? That is the question.
- One flew over the Meseta
- Save the last lower bunk bed for me
- The remains of the menú del día
- Honey, I shrunk the rucksack
- An albergue, an albergue, my kingdom for an albergue
- Bring me the hiking poles of Alfredo Garcia

etc

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

RobertS26

Jul 16, 2012
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
Camino Frances, (2013)
Camino Frances, (2014)
Camino Frances, (2015)
Ricki, Don't Lose that Number (to the Parador) by Steely Dan
Walk on By (the Wine Fountain) by Dionne Warick
Don't Walk Away (without giving me back my guidebook) by Jade
I Walk Alone (because I lost my Camino Family) by Cher
Just Keep Walking (this albergue is full) by INXS
I Walk the Line (of clam shells imbedded in the sidewalk because I drank too much at dinner) by Johnny Cash

Reactions: Lise T and wayfarer

xin loi

Mar 31, 2014
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Walked May 14, 2014 from St Jean France

starting to walk again August 25, 2016 --SJPDP to Finisterre
I generally sang, Waltzing Godzilla. Actually only met one person from Oz who knew the words!

We had a young woman from Slovina on the trail who was a great singer. You could hear her soft voice a half kilometer away. Another guy actually had a battery powered microphone mounted on his walking stick and would periodically sing popular songs as he walked.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Dennis M

Feb 19, 2014
Pennsylvania, USA
May 2015 - Camino Ingles; Future Caminho Portuguése, Camino de Fisterra

Thomas1962

Apr 8, 2012
Amsterdam
www.ponteferreira.com
2010/2011/2012/2013: Madrid -Salvador -Primitivo 2014: EPW 2015: Amsterdam - SdC
One song is not to miss of course:
Happy!

At some days on the camino I can feel like
http://24hoursofhappy.com

(If it doesn't work)

At some days on camino I can feel like this for hours and hours and hours! At those moments I don't dance physically (unless...). But in my head, I'm dancing all along. Then, I tend to see every other people dancing as well! :):):):):)

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.