• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking 9 to 5?

alansykes

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
Dolly Parton was a huge success at the Glastonbury festival last week, and the BBC played some of her songs on the news. I heard one of them as "Walking 9 to 5", which I thought would be a very good anthem for a winter caminante like myself, but apparently she sings "Working 9 to 5".

I'm sure there are many other songs, poems, film titles etc which would similarly benefit from a slight alteration to become relevant to the camino?

- Paint a yellow arrow on the old oak tree
- the Roncesvalles Redemption
- to walk, or not to walk? That is the question.
- One flew over the Meseta
- Save the last lower bunk bed for me
- The remains of the menú del día
- Honey, I shrunk the rucksack
- An albergue, an albergue, my kingdom for an albergue
- Bring me the hiking poles of Alfredo Garcia

etc

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There's A Long, Long Trail A-Winding (1917)
Sentimental Journey(1944)

Wonderful song and video. Thank you for sharing!

Great idea, Alan!

Somewhere over the Pyrenees
Wet Pack and Two Soaking Merrells
Stand By Your Pack
Bridge Over the Rio Arga
I Walk the Camino
All You Need is Love (and Compeed)
:):):):)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ricki, Don't Lose that Number (to the Parador) by Steely Dan
Walk on By (the Wine Fountain) by Dionne Warick
Don't Walk Away (without giving me back my guidebook) by Jade
I Walk Alone (because I lost my Camino Family) by Cher
Just Keep Walking (this albergue is full) by INXS
I Walk the Line (of clam shells imbedded in the sidewalk because I drank too much at dinner) by Johnny Cash

I generally sang, Waltzing Godzilla. Actually only met one person from Oz who knew the words!

We had a young woman from Slovina on the trail who was a great singer. You could hear her soft voice a half kilometer away. Another guy actually had a battery powered microphone mounted on his walking stick and would periodically sing popular songs as he walked.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
One song is not to miss of course:
Happy!

At some days on the camino I can feel like
http://24hoursofhappy.com

(If it doesn't work)

At some days on camino I can feel like this for hours and hours and hours! At those moments I don't dance physically (unless...). But in my head, I'm dancing all along. Then, I tend to see every other people dancing as well! :):):):):)

Last edited:
"The Long and Winding Road" by the Beatles
"Walk this Way" Aerosmith
"Walking Back to Happiness" Helen Shapiro
"Walking on Sunshine" Catriona and the Waves
"Just Walking in the Rain" Johnny Ray

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers
If you’re walking the Camino Portugues right now I’d recommend you avoid the complementario route into Pontevedra. While it is quiet and green and follows the river, it’s also a muddy mess. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.