• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Buddies Needed for Camino Frances Late September

jcav795

Time of past OR future Camino
September (2018)
Hi All,

My name is Jenny and I am planning to walk the Camino Frances in late September, aiming to leave SJPdP September 26 or 27. I'd love to link up with others planning to walk around this time. I am a little nervous as this will be my first Camino and I'm traveling solo. Please reply or message me if you're interested in linking up! Buen Camino everyone! :)

-Jenny

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jenny, don't be nervous. I, along with hundreds of others, walked the Frances in September 2017. If you want to be with others then you will be. I'm sure that as you arrive in St Jean (assuming that is your start) you will meet others. Little groups form or you may choose to walk alone but you will almost always be within sight of others and just arrange to meet up in the evening. It really will take care of itself - just be prepared to start a conversation and the rest will follow. It will be an amazing experience - Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Jenny,

Next week I'll be starting my 4th camino. Although I'm a happily married man (and extremely monogamous), I walk my caminos solo. I found that doing so, it gives me the most profound experience.

In 2014 my wife and I walked the Frances together: from St. Jean to shortly after Pamplona. My wife then felt sure enough to continue on her own (knowing how to check into an albergue, where to find cash machines and farmacies, what het favourite coffee in Spanish is). We split up to walk our own camino and only joined each other again two days before Santiago. To finish it together.

Walking it alone, I've never felt lost or lonely. I really enjoyed walking by myself, sometimes joining an other pilgrim for a couple of miles. And always meeting other pilgrims to talk to and have a good time with at the bars, restaurants and albergues. Never had a dinner on my own.

I'm sure you'll be fine. There'll be plenty of pilgrims who'll be happy to meet you and keep you company if you feel like it.

So don't worry. Enjoy the preparations and: "Go take a walk !!!"

Buen Camino.

Hi Jenny, I will start my walk September 27 from SJPP, my fifth camino. Yes let's meet up and hopefully we can walk together. Do you know where you will be staying upon arrival?

Hi All,

My name is Jenny and I am planning to walk the Camino Frances in late September, aiming to leave SJPdP September 26 or 27. I'd love to link up with others planning to walk around this time. I am a little nervous as this will be my first Camino and I'm traveling solo. Please reply or message me if you're interested in linking up! Buen Camino everyone! :)

-Jenny
I walked alone but Dont worry you will meet many people on the camino. I met 3 people in StJean just walking around..who, although we didn’t walk together, I would see at various points along the way .was like meeting family each time we saw each other. Otherwise i would walk with people for an hour or two until i felt I was keeping them back so I would tell them to go ahead. The camino is pretty safe just be aware of your surroundings. You may find you like walking alone at some points but believe me when I say the camino is the best of walking alone without feeling lonley. Meaning you can be alone if you want and still meet up with the same people at the albergue Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you have the ability to make eye contact and smile, you will have as many new friends as you can handle. And, it's pretty much understood that most Pilgrims prefer to have some walking time in solitude each day making it easy to "un-attach" from people if you find you are more popular than you desire. Just say, "hey it's been great walking with you...I think I'm going to walk alone for awhile...I'm sure I'll see you later". Then, speed up if you know you are faster for 15 minutes to put some distance between you and them or do this when they decide to stop or take a picture or use the bathroom etc... But if you're not sure if your are faster then make your statement and you stop for a break, at a cafe or on the side of the road to adjust your shoes and drink some water etc... It's easier to control the gap between you and another doing it from behind them. You will figure it all out on the road. People are easy going on the Camino.

hi Jenny! I’m walking my first Camino, the same route as you, but starting Oct 5 in Logroño. So if you see a huffing puffing 40 year old with a very light blue pack, come say hi! Where are you from, btw?
Arnica from Canada

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back