A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Walking in December, January and February.

Camino(s) past & future
norte camino,
I want to walk the Camino Mozarabe from Milaga to Santiago during the winter months. How's the weather along the route this time of year, are the albergues open and what's the average cost to stay overnight?

george.g

Camino(s) past & future
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
That’s a lot of info to ask for, but here goes, first read Maggie’s blog of our trip in ‘15,
Note where we stayed, where it was a hotel, or hostel, check on booking dot com to see if they are open in winter. For Albergues, maybe Mundicamino has opening/closing dates.
Google historical weather for Malaga, and surrounding areas.Depending on your proposed route look at the resources section, not to mention the relevant sections of this forum.
PM Maggie for any extra info she may have, she is a lovely person and I’m sure she will help if she can.
Regards
George

Camino(s) past & future
norte camino,
That’s a lot of info to ask for, but here goes, first read Maggie’s blog of our trip in ‘15,
Note where we stayed, where it was a hotel, or hostel, check on booking dot com to see if they are open in winter. For Albergues, maybe Mundicamino has opening/closing dates.
Google historical weather for Malaga, and surrounding areas.Depending on your proposed route look at the resources section, not to mention the relevant sections of this forum.
PM Maggie for any extra info she may have, she is a lovely person and I’m sure she will help if she can.
Regards
George
Sorry but I'm struggling with how to reply on this forum, George. Where can I find Maggie's blog from 2015. Thank you!

george.g

Camino(s) past & future
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
I guess you didn’t see C clearlys post ? Just click on the word “here” and you will be taken to Maggie’s blog.
You should also google the various amigos sites ie, Amigos de Camino de Santiago Malaga, Cordoba, Jain etc.
Regards
George

Camino(s) past & future
norte camino,
It appears Maggie walked from Malaga to Santiago starting in January; perhaps this is possible in the winter. Am I accurate with the date?

george.g

Camino(s) past & future
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
Hi Analeise,
No, if memory serves, we started out from Malaga on the 8th of April.
We only met a handful of perigrinos between Malaga and Mérida, be prepared for a solitary Camino!
Plus google the number of daylight hours you could expect during the winter months.
Perhaps the VdeLP might just be a better option because of the better infrastructure and the possibility of company?
Regards
George

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
I am hoping to cycle the route from arún to Santiago with a friend some time this summer. Can anyone advise me as to where we could hire two bicycles for the journey? Thank you.
Regards
George
Hello George
Is maggie on this forum? Her blogs are excellent.
Charlie

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%