• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Le puy en Velay to Conques

Gil Tucker

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy en Velay to Conques (2015)
Can anyone recommend places/hotels to stay at along this route? Our Group of 4 is planning to do the walk in June 2015. We would like to know some details about places you have stayed. We are seniors so not interested in dorm style but happy for simple hotels.
Gil

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The best thing you can do is buy a Miam Dodo guide on arrival in le Puy or beforehand. It lists pretty much all accommodation options and their contact details.
Bon Chemin! SY

Can anyone recommend places/hotels to stay at along this route? Our Group of 4 is planning to do the walk in June 2015. We would like to know some details about places you have stayed. We are seniors so not interested in dorm style but happy for simple hotels.
Gil
I can recommend Hotel Aubrac in Aumont-Aubrac. Their gite section (dorm beds) was full, but they had a room for 45 euro, which we took. It was spacious, had twin beds, another tiny room with bunk beds, a bathroom and a kitchenette. Good value! Jill

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Gil
Auberge St Fleurat in Estaing is a good budget choice. 48 euros for a double or twin-bed room.

Gil

Have a look at this site, most of the places have private rooms, a lot with WC in the rooms also. I have used this site to book rooms for our walk starting on the 24th April out of le Puy. We now have 4 booked nights to get us through the weekend, all booked from this site and all private rooms with WC. Most of them have an email address. Right click on the pages to translate them if needed. Its a great site and useful all the Way to SJPDP.

http://translate.google.com.au/tran...telle.com/itiermartins/index.html&prev=search

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back