A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Walking to Porto from Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Français September 2017, Camino Finisterre October 2017
Having walked the Camino from St Jean in September I am interested in picking up where I left off in Santiago next year and walking south to Porto. I have read about the Caminho Fatima and wonder if anyone knows how well the route is marked (with blue arrows) on the Spanish side from Santiago?
The Caminho Fatima web site doesn't give much information and their guide to walking it isn't yet available from Santiago to the Portuguese border. I understand that simply following the camino arrows in reverse can be problematic.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Advertisment

Miroslaw

Camino(s) past & future
3XPortuguese, 2013, 2015, 2017
Having walked the Camino from St Jean in September I am interested in picking up where I left off in Santiago next year and walking south to Porto. I have read about the Caminho Fatima and wonder if anyone knows how well the route is marked (with blue arrows) on the Spanish side from Santiago?
The Caminho Fatima web site doesn't give much information and their guide to walking it isn't yet available from Santiago to the Portuguese border. I understand that simply following the camino arrows in reverse can be problematic.
Any advise would be appreciated.
You will have blue arrows pointing the right way often enough. Blue arrows will
separate from yellow arrows in town called Ansiao. In places where there will be no blue arrows backtracking the yellow arrows will be neccesary. This might be slight chalenge.
You could consider using my open source map which can be downloaded at caminhomap.com as a help in backtracking yellow arrows.
Best Regards and Bom Caminho

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June