• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Walking w/ injury

Time of past OR future Camino
CF:SJPP to Burgos: May 2023
Burgos - Fin M/J 2024
Walking w/broken toe bone (occurred 2plus weeks prior to start of my Camino. Altered plan to have pack sent on for first 2-3 weeks, then re-evaluate. Stated Camino in SJPP on May 5 . This means I must have reservations for each night which dampers my flexibility. Decided to rest in Zubiri today (May 8) to possibly get out of a huge wave of people as well. Trying to alter plans to avoid the common stopping points. Originally planned to be in Pamplona next (Tues. 9th)

- Suggestions for alternate stop points?

- Any info on fisios along the way?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Zabaldika is not far from Zubiri. It is a wonderful donativo. Can't be booked, but worth a try. Since you walk from Zubiri, you probably arrive early enough to get a bed, even with the broken toe (I walked Zubiri-Zabaldika with a stress fracture in my foot last year and arrived there before it opened).

Then you can walk to Cizur Menor the day after (there is albergue "Orden de Malta" or you can try to make a reservation in Cizur Mayor for a private room if you prefer that) and you're already slightly off the traditional stages.

The municipal albergue Isaac Santiago in Los Arcos has a physio coming in I think, easy to make appointments when you check in. I didn't use the service but other pilgrims that were there that day did. Maybe others know something in the towns before. Or ask the hospitaleros, they might be able to give advice.

I wish you a wonderful Camino and hope you can enjoy it despite your injury!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you for your reply.

I have chosen to send my pack on ahead for 2-3 weeks to alleviate weight from foot hoping it will heal sooner than later so I must make reservations which would eliminate stays at donativos (where I wanted to make some stays as seemed peaceful). Is the donativo the only place to stay in Zalbadika?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Is the donativo the only place to stay in Zalbadika?
As far as I know it is the only accommodation there.

There are other albergues before Pamplona, though. Maybe Trinidad de Arre acccepts reservations. It is just before Pamplona.

Hopefully others can give information about places that can be booked. I don't reserve, so I can't help much with that.

If you use Gronze.com or the wisepilgrim app to look up accommodation, there should be information whether a place can be reserved, I think.

I had to start transferring my pack on the CF last year. I used Jacotrans and only told them where my pack was going the night before. I did stay in a donativo and had my pack delivered somewhere else from where I collected it. Whoever is moving your pack will be able to tell you where they deliver and collect from.
Good luck with your healing and Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.